Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 09:28 PM

55 posts, read 63,685 times

Advertisements

In Vinings we're getting sleet now too...

need to go to bed now so I can get up early and play in it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 PM

894 posts, read 4,349,918 times
It would be beautiful but I am freakin out because my husband is driving home from the airport as we speak. He thought he would come in a head of this storm!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenC View Post
In Vinings we're getting sleet now too...

need to go to bed now so I can get up early and play in it!!
Snow angels!

I'm about 6 miles west of you, and I'm not seeing it. Must be missing us. Good. Sleet is doubleplusungood...

Old 01-09-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Snow angels!

I'm about 6 miles west of you, and I'm not seeing it. Must be missing us. Good. Sleet is doubleplusungood...

was supposed to drive back to Nashville today.. but didn't manage to get out in time and decided to stay!! glad I did!!

and snow angels rule!!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Snow angels!

Im so sorry RC, I was going to reply to you but the forum said I had exceeded my max for the day!! Lame!!

(just when it was starting to get good!!!)

hope you aren't mad!!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenC View Post
Im so sorry RC, I was going to reply to you but the forum said I had exceeded my max for the day!! Lame!!
KirstenC,

Limits are in place because the forums are not intended to be chat rooms. Personal notes back and forth should be done using the direct private mail feature here instead of posts in the room. Thank you.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
It would be beautiful but I am freakin out because my husband is driving home from the airport as we speak. He thought he would come in a head of this storm!
Might be too late to stop him, but if he hasn't actually got out of the airport area/garages yet, he would be much better off simply staying at the airport. They have expressly asked (no - told) people to stay off the roads at all costs as of over two hours ago, and if he's on the road, he's most likely going to remain there for 24 hours.

If he's too far out and stuck, you should contact him and tell him the police/DOT are saying that under NO circumstances should people leave their cars and start walking. Assuming many people have been wise enough to have a basic emergency kit in their cars (blanket, flare, food/water), they said to TRY to pull over as far as you can, then stay in the car until any help may be able to arrive to pick people up if needed. This is what they're telling people on the news.

People are getting out on the roads and stalling/skidding out, and now they're saying emergency and salting vehicles are having a next to impossible time getting to folks and/or doing their jobs because they can't maneuver around all the stuck vehicles on the streets.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
OK, so around 10:50pm my husband, son, and I put on our ski gear (cause that stuff is cheap and it's better to buy than rent even if you only go skiing once a year) and went out to sled on the slopes of the Candler Park golf course. I took photos using my camera phone but the battery died and it's recharging. I'll post them here tomorrow.

There was QUITE a crowed out there sledding and one guy was even snowboarding. Some people brought a small cooler of beer. It was so bright out from the reflection it looked like 5:30pm. We didn't come home until midnight. Now we're having hot chocolate and I am looking forward to snuggling under my heated blanket!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 PM

262 posts, read 637,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
OK, so around 10:50pm my husband, son, and I put on our ski gear (cause that stuff is cheap and it's better to buy than rent even if you only go skiing once a year) and went out to sled on the slopes of the Candler Park golf course. I took photos using my camera phone but the battery died and it's recharging. I'll post them here tomorrow.

There was QUITE a crowed out there sledding and one guy was even snowboarding. Some people brought a small cooler of beer. It was so bright out from the reflection it looked like 5:30pm. We didn't come home until midnight. Now we're having hot chocolate and I am looking forward to snuggling under my heated blanket!
Wow, what an unforgettable night!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 PM

396 posts, read 601,653 times
just barely made it back from my parents place in roswell/woodstock to my apt at lindbergh/cheshire br area... after maneuvering around some insane bimmer driver who decided the middle of 400 at the tunnel exit was a great spot to change a tire. (and everyone passing by who thought it also a perfect opportunity to STOP and gawk) 5spd/engine braking put to good use for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta