Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotPilot View Post
OK, so from that other video, he clearly gives her a slap after she starts pushing on him. Not too uncalled for considering he is already leaning over the bench trying to detain the other girl. The full-on punch was deserved because she doesn't get a hint (first slap) and goes back in with a full punch on him.

I also just want to point out that it is human nature to "take action" when your personal space is invaded...whether it's your job to uphold "the law" or not...it's called 'fight or flight' and it's human nature. The adreanline is already pumping, it's noisy, people are everywhere and it's really not surprising what the outcome is. It would have been uncalled for if he kept after her, but he doesn't and she still continues to fight and resist the inevitable arrest...and even continues after she is in cuffs. Pretty clear she isn't an innocent angel or an outstanding citizen by any means.
No one is saying she's an innocent girl, but he went overboard.

Let's be honest, would he have been as aggressive had he been alone against a 6ft3, 300 lbs muscle man? No!! He would have called for backup, first. Then maybe, he would have tried to display his manhood, once his fellow officers show up. It's so funny how they operate when they know they won't get hurt. For him, it was an easy beatdown, so no need for backup. Just slap, punch and hide behind the badge.

Again, she was wrong and acted like buffoon. However, he was excessive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
I am talking about the Black girl in the above video-looks like the Police Officer was trying to arrest her and thats when the other girl(friend) intervened.
Do you have the link to it? The FB link doesn't seem to work.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,859,250 times
For those who say he could have tazed or pepper-sprayed her,

1) Did you see how crowded the restaurant was? Pepper spray would have affected everyone close by.
2) I don't think he could have tazed her without possibly hitting someone else given all the commotion all around her.
3) He was having to reach across the table to get to her. If she had just been standing in front of him without the impediment between them, he could probably have done a take down move to restrain her, but that wasn't possible and she was continuing to escalate.

He had to get her under control and get control of the situation. Having worked in psych hospitals before, I can tell you that a small woman can do a lot of damage to self/others/property when in a rage or out of control and unpredictable/erratic/drunk like this one was. I bet punching her in the face probably wasn't his first choice, but he had to handle the situation in the moment and he did exactly that.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 AM

257 posts, read 470,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
No one is saying she's an innocent girl, but he went overboard.

Let's be honest, would he have been as aggressive had he been alone against a 6ft3, 300 lbs muscle man? No!! He would have called for backup, first. Then maybe, he would have tried to display his manhood, once his fellow officers show up. It's so funny how they operate when they know they won't get hurt. For him, it was an easy beatdown, so no need for backup. Just slap, punch and hide behind the badge.

Again, she was wrong and acted like buffoon. However, he was excessive.
If it had been a "6ft3, 300 lbs muscle man" the cop probably would have pulled his gun out and shot him if he had come at him.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 AM

71 posts, read 202,834 times
As an officer, yeah, I'd be willing to be he'd go toe-to-toe with anyone. Also, the other officer was starting to attempt to restrain her before she got slapped....but just didn't get there in time. I dunno to me, there was already a situation and she was simply doumb enough to go stick her nose in it when pretty much anyone with half a brain would know better- partly because you know it's illegal and partly becaus eyou know the outcome can put you on your ass and that the officer's actions will be seen as "justified" by his superiors.

Recently there was another cop vs. stupid at the Varsity downtown. It didn't make the news, but I saw it and the video is on YT as well. A guy pulls up to a car meet and does a big smoky burnout in middle of the parking lot. As soon as he is done, he jumps out of the car and jumps into another car and leaves. Another man comes up and get into the car that just did the burnout and a few seconds later the officers arrive. Clearly the officers hear a car burning out, see tire smoke and come with the expectations that the guy in the car just did it. So as they try to tell him to get out of the car, he resists. The officer then tried to pull him out of the car and the guy starts swinging on the officer. Backup arrives and dingbat is subdued. Did the officers know it wasn't the same guy? No. Is it the ir job to get to the bottom of the situation? Yes. Do they have the right to detain someone until they do? Yes. Are they going to simply listen to people shouting at the cop that it's not the same guy before taking action on the suspected driver? No.
I'd be willing to bet the two involved in that incident we're thinking something on the lines of "hey, if we do this, we can f*k with the police and get away with it...because I'll do the burnout and you'll jump in the car and that way that cain't do anything baout it". Yeah...play with fire and get burned.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:56 AM

859 posts, read 2,120,300 times
The youtube video tonygeorgia was referring to, showing the angle not seen on TV. (For those that don't have facebook or might have trouble with the link.)

YouTube - The Empire Strikes in IHOP restaurant

She had the camera in his face and pulled his shoulder then he slapped her, she punched him and then he swung back. She didn't deserve that punch, I don't care what anyone says. She was annoying and touching the cop and definitely DESERVED everything that happened after he punched her(being hauled to the ground, cuffed etc.) but the punch not so much.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp01358 View Post
If it had been a "6ft3, 300 lbs muscle man" the cop probably would have pulled his gun out and shot him if he had come at him.
Hmmm...Possibly. But at an IHOP? I'm not too sure. But these days, anything can happen.

Quote:
As an officer, yeah, I'd be willing to be he'd go toe-to-toe with anyone. Also, the other officer was starting to attempt to restrain her before she got slapped....but just didn't get there in time. I dunno to me, there was already a situation and she was simply doumb enough to go stick her nose in it when pretty much anyone with half a brain would know better- partly because you know it's illegal and partly becaus eyou know the outcome can put you on your ass and that the officer's actions will be seen as "justified" by his superiors.
You're right. However, the table that separated the officer from the lady could have been used to make things easier on the both of them. He could have put her flat on the table, and cuffed her there. There are plenty of options, but that was a Jerry Springer punch if you ask me.

Quote:
Recently there was another cop vs. stupid at the Varsity downtown. It didn't make the news, but I saw it and the video is on YT as well. A guy pulls up to a car meet and does a big smoky burnout in middle of the parking lot. As soon as he is done, he jumps out of the car and jumps into another car and leaves. Another man comes up and get into the car that just did the burnout and a few seconds later the officers arrive. Clearly the officers hear a car burning out, see tire smoke and come with the expectations that the guy in the car just did it. So as they try to tell him to get out of the car, he resists. The officer then tried to pull him out of the car and the guy starts swinging on the officer. Backup arrives and dingbat is subdued. Did the officers know it wasn't the same guy? No. Is it the ir job to get to the bottom of the situation? Yes. Do they have the right to detain someone until they do? Yes. Are they going to simply listen to people shouting at the cop that it's not the same guy before taking action on the suspected driver? No.
I'd be willing to bet the two involved in that incident we're thinking something on the lines of "hey, if we do this, we can f*k with the police and get away with it...because I'll do the burnout and you'll jump in the car and that way that cain't do anything baout it". Yeah...play with fire and get burned.

HAHA!!! Owned!! These two clowns deserved it!!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
For those who say he could have tazed or pepper-sprayed her,

1) Did you see how crowded the restaurant was? Pepper spray would have affected everyone close by.
2) I don't think he could have tazed her without possibly hitting someone else given all the commotion all around her.
3) He was having to reach across the table to get to her. If she had just been standing in front of him without the impediment between them, he could probably have done a take down move to restrain her, but that wasn't possible and she was continuing to escalate.

He had to get her under control and get control of the situation. Having worked in psych hospitals before, I can tell you that a small woman can do a lot of damage to self/others/property when in a rage or out of control and unpredictable/erratic/drunk like this one was. I bet punching her in the face probably wasn't his first choice, but he had to handle the situation in the moment and he did exactly that.
Please, you people are just exaggerating the situation. That women wasn't causing anyone harm or acting out of control. She simply placed her hand on his shoulder. From what I saw was a ruthless man abusing his power and hitting this woman out of aggression. Nothing in that video showed me he was simply doing his job. She had already settled down before he hit her with the second blow to the face.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
The youtube video tonygeorgia was referring to, showing the angle not seen on TV. (For those that don't have facebook or might have trouble with the link.)

YouTube - The Empire Strikes in IHOP restaurant

She had the camera in his face and pulled his shoulder then he slapped her, she punched him and then he swung back. She didn't deserve that punch, I don't care what anyone says. She was annoying and touching the cop and definitely DESERVED everything that happened after he punched her(being hauled to the ground, cuffed etc.) but the punch not so much.

She didn't deserve to get punched. The officer is not worthy of the badge (He also had backup to make things worse). He clearly couldn't control this situation. That black girl escaped the beating.

It's funny how the other group came right after, and sat down as if nothing happened. Hilarious!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
He didnt overreact, she did...she assaulted him first, touching someone is assault.

I dont know why people think it's ok to put their hands on an officer
I dont why anyone would be that crazy either. Police carry too much dangerous equipment for a citizen to be touching any part of them. Its best to stay calm & put your palms where they are visible. Who raises they kids to touch police? Thats interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta