Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 03:46 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,618,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
List of confirmed tenants at Revel.

Of note, Superica is the second O4W establishment to locate in Duluth, behind O4W Pizza. That doesn't necessarily make me thrilled, I think a better Mexican restaurant could probably come... but, there you have it.

Painted Pin will be alright. I like shuffleboard.

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...093c1784c.html
Reminds me of Atlantic Station. Not bad actually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 06:58 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Anybody been up to Roswell lately? Wonder if the restaurant scene is bumping again?

Old 06-09-2020, 06:41 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,696,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Anybody been up to Roswell lately? Wonder if the restaurant scene is bumping again?
yes. In fact, if you are asking about Canton street, it was one of the first places to get up and running. My wife went on a patio friend date several weeks back and she said it was quite crowded, vast majority is open.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:14 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,514,297 times
This posting has been too long for me to read, so let me just wing it.

We are heading for the NE GA mountains tomorrow to stay in our RV. We're not far from the incredible Lake Burton.

The YMCA day camp on Lake Burton (in most years) has 10-12 22' $125K Mastercraft inboard ski boats running all day long with the children of Buckhead water skiing, wakeboarding, etc.

I've been on many, many lakes in the southeast that are beautiful and have incredible residences. But I've never seen so many absolutely huge houses in the $8-10 million range than on Lake Burton. Just a 100' lot will cost you over $400K on that lake.

If the second homes of Buckhead's rich and famous are so large, what does their main house in Atlanta look like?

Old 06-10-2020, 04:25 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post

We are heading for the NE GA mountains tomorrow to stay in our RV. We're not far from the incredible Lake Burton.

The YMCA day camp on Lake Burton (in most years) has 10-12 22' $125K Mastercraft inboard ski boats running all day long with the children of Buckhead water skiing, wakeboarding, etc.

I've been on many, many lakes in the southeast that are beautiful and have incredible residences. But I've never seen so many absolutely huge houses in the $8-10 million range than on Lake Burton. Just a 100' lot will cost you over $400K on that lake.

If the second homes of Buckhead's rich and famous are so large, what does their main house in Atlanta look like?
Possibly not as impressive. Not unusual to get bigger lake houses which eventually become the primary residence in retirement.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:41 PM

1,374 posts, read 923,773 times
Quote:

They're not all from Buckhead. A lot of wealthy from Alabama, Tennessee, Carolinas have their second homes on Lake Burton. I think Nick Saban and some other college coaches as well.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:59 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
They're not all from Buckhead. A lot of wealthy from Alabama, Tennessee, Carolinas have their second homes on Lake Burton. I think Nick Saban and some other college coaches as well.
I know someone from Miami that has their 2nd home there as well.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:16 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,936,969 times
My native Atlantan friend from wealth introduced me to Lake Burton 20 years ago, and growing up water skiing on manmade Lake Gaston on the VA/NC border which has a muddy bottom and water that looks and tastes somewhat like diarrhea (dark brown water you cant see much in"....Ididn't even know a lake could be as clean and clear as Lake Burton, and you can see all the way to the sandy bottom in 8' of depth.

You could almost drink that water. and the house next to my friend's modest lakehouse was owned by Fran Tarkanten, a famous football player who also hosted the show "That's Incredible" in the 80s.

Burt Reynolds and Lonni had a house in Highlands, NC.

For Florida folk, vacationing in the mountains is as relished as we do the beach.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:59 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
For Florida folk, vacationing in the mountains is as relished as we do the beach.
OMG, is it ever. I moved here from Florida years ago, and about half of my friends parents (and increasingly, some of my friends) Summer up here, as well as North & South Carolina.

For people that have been here for a while, Lake Burton is like an old familiar friend. It's one of my favorite places anywhere.

I just wish LaPrade's was still there. It was possibly the best home style, communal dining spot ever.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:10 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,379,079 times
Quote:

Nah, Lake Burton has very nice homes, but few in the $8 - $10 million range. Those folks are generally (but not all) old money. Their intown homes are very nice; however, for the most part, even those are not $8 - $10 million. Trust me on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta