Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:23 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I think it may be a lower voter turnout for men but we will see. I don't think the average male wants a female president. ...generally speaking.
You're probably ignoring the Bill Clinton factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,240,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I see them as two completely different people, and I don't think I'm alone. I'm not sure if there will be much crossover appeal.

Bill as the First Man could be pretty entertaining though.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:31 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

I just know if men think their rights are down the toilet now wait until she is president lol. Im sure more of my money will be going to people who cant support their kids, more "no means no" laws like in California, etc. I know more of my money will be going to entitled people who are making bad financial decisions and I will have to bail them out, more of my money going to people who don't want to work everyday like I do, etc. I feel democrats cater to the idiots of the world too much as it is but I think it will get worse with her.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:31 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I don't like Bush and I despise Hillary, but realistically the best chance to defeat Hillary would probably be a Bush/Rubio ticket. Personally, I'd prefer to see Rand Paul as president.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I don't like Bush and I despise Hillary, but realistically the best chance to defeat Hillary would probably be a Bush/Rubio ticket. Personally, I'd prefer to see Rand Paul as president.
That won't happen since the VP nominee cannot be from the same state as the nominee. Bush and Rubio are both from Florida.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I just know if men think their rights are down the toilet now wait until she is president lol.
Any man who thinks their rights are down the toilet is either stupid or a liar. But in my experience, the people who think that way are far right wingers who would never vote for a Dem candidate anyway, regardless of gender.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:33 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backintheville2 View Post
That won't happen since the VP nominee cannot be from the same state as the nominee. Bush and Rubio are both from Florida.
Not altogether true, although it was. The Constitution does not expressly forbid it; it only forbids a state's electors from voting for the same state. It harkens back to when the VP was the also ran for President and not chosen by the Presidential candidate.I don't think it would hold water today. If I remember right, Rahm Emanuel was given serious consideration for VP by the Obama campaign.

Last edited by Iconographer; 04-22-2015 at 09:56 AM..

Old 04-22-2015, 09:46 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I'd forgotten that. I wonder why?
I had forgotten that, too. I would think that rule is in place to give the illusion that the whole country is being represented, and not just one state or region.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:49 AM

222 posts, read 243,115 times
I'm supporting Rand Paul in the primaries.

Realistically we're very likely going to see a Bush vs. Hillary ballot. A ballot in my opinion that should (let me emphasis should) cause the lowest voter turnout in history. Unfortunately, the majority of the population are low information voters and have this twisted view that Bush and Hillary some how hold differing policy beliefs and views on the role of government.

I think it's way to early to tell who wins in this scenario. It will come down to: how many real and/or imagined terrorist/global threats the GOP is able to highlight vs. how many real and/or imagined threats to the social safety net the DNC is able to highlight.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:06 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by travbo View Post
I'm supporting Rand Paul in the primaries.

Realistically we're very likely going to see a Bush vs. Hillary ballot. A ballot in my opinion that should (let me emphasis should) cause the lowest voter turnout in history. Unfortunately, the majority of the population are low information voters and have this twisted view that Bush and Hillary some how hold differing policy beliefs and views on the role of government.
Even if you were right about this (hint: you're not) it ignores the supreme court and federal district and appeals courts. Hillary and Jeb would nominate very different people to the bench. That's an incredibly important and influential part of a president's job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta