Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2019, 06:32 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
Work launches on Norfolk Southern headquarters

https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-d...s-construction

Build the protected bike lanes on W Peachtree and Spring St as part of this development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 08:24 AM

3,711 posts, read 5,988,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_civitas View Post
When I think of transformative Whole Foods, I think of the one on P Street in Logan Circle or the one by the GW Metro Station. Both are deeply integrated into the city grid. They have ample seating areas outside.

This one, though exciting, seems too close to the Interstate to function as a pedestrian-focused Whole Foods, like the examples from DC.

It may though help to spur additional residential development in the area, as the one on P-Street did. That set off a residential development frenzy in the Logan Circle neighborhood.
It's the same exact distance from the interstate as the Publix on Spring Street, and that store, dinky by comparison, already helped catalyze a massive boom in the central part of Midtown. The blocks around that store are some of the densest in the entire city.

There are already numerous huge residential towers within a short walk of this Whole Foods (~3 blocks), and many more blocks that could be redeveloped (essentially everything west of Spring, and everything south of 12th). In ten years, the northwest part of midtown could be the densest part of the metro area.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM

1,180 posts, read 984,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_civitas View Post
When I think of transformative Whole Foods, I think of the one on P Street in Logan Circle or the one by the GW Metro Station. Both are deeply integrated into the city grid. They have ample seating areas outside.

This one, though exciting, seems too close to the Interstate to function as a pedestrian-focused Whole Foods, like the examples from DC.

It may though help to spur additional residential development in the area, as the one on P-Street did. That set off a residential development frenzy in the Logan Circle neighborhood.

I don't think anyone suggested that this Whole Foods store was transformative. This is rather another mark in the transformation of midtown as more urban place. There are now more options for doing basic things without a car.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:10 PM

234 posts, read 144,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Build the protected bike lanes on W Peachtree and Spring St as part of this development.
Now wouldn’t that have been something? Spring street and WP could have nearly a protected bike lane from 14th st down to 3rd if each development did this. Portman’s projects alone would have built out two parallel blocks of protected cycle tracks.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:04 AM

234 posts, read 144,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soolmr View Post
Wonder when will the area around Apache Cafe will be turned into a highrise?
Tick-tock, tick-tock...

Old 07-03-2019, 11:55 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Toll Brothers, a nationwide developer of “luxury” homes, is in the planning stages to develop a new residential tower in Midtown.
The real estate firm recently submitted plans to the City of Atlanta to redevelop a 1.571-acre tract, at 1018 and 1032 West Peachtree Street NW (pictured above, highlighted in yellow), into a new development with “market rate and student housing multifamily dwelling units.”

There would also be sidewalk-level commercial space and a parking structure.
https://whtnw.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceans...W-1024x626.png'https://whatnowatlanta.com/toll-brot...est-peachtree/

Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 PM

821 posts, read 726,614 times
Good. Another piece of nothing being used to grow the city.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:02 PM

617 posts, read 552,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Good. Another piece of nothing being used to grow the city.
Last I checked, residential wasn’t “nothing” especially in a city that has such a limited supply of housing available compared to the demand.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:43 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Last I checked, residential wasn’t “nothing” especially in a city that has such a limited supply of housing available compared to the demand.
I think he meant it's currently nothing, and will be used better as residential...

Old 07-04-2019, 07:59 AM

617 posts, read 552,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I think he meant it's currently nothing, and will be used better as residential...
Ah ok my bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta