Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,310,296 times

Advertisements

This album did Chop n Screwed it right. The songs weren't just slowed down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4v7lVdy2I8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 11:14 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times
Trap music is just music if just fun rap. It's not meant to have meaning or be thought provoken. It's about having fun. It's just a different genre of music inside the rap Catergory.

Caucasians are the biggest consumers of rap/trap music these days.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:45 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,096,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Yea lets not tell the truth and discuss the hijacking of a musical genre. Lets sweep it under the rainbow colored rug.
Music forms are an art form. While they are originally tied to a specific culture, popular art forms will almost always be adopted by other groups if they become successful or widely recognized enough.

That can result in dilution, obviously, but that's the way the arts are. Don't want it to happen? Stop creating good art forms.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:05 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
It's more than that if done right. You really have to chop up and screw the song and do it in a creative but good sound way for it to be real.
And this is why people in Houston said it ain't screw if isn't coming from DJ Screw.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:52 PM

341 posts, read 266,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Trap music was different during TIs prime, but drug dealing rap was wasnt the only thing pushed in those years. Drug Dealing music keeps the prisons filed, its a terrible thing now. Luckily some black kids are not easily influenced by the puppet masters that hide in the background. Sell drugs and twerk, sell drugs and twerk. Thats all we got?? The Jerry Hellers of hip hop mean us major harm.
You know this reminds me when I visited my cousin in prison 3 years ago and my god when we went into the prison it was packed with soo many young blacks and in georgia(espically atlanta)alot of black kids are locked up.Trap music too me is aight musik but it gots the black kids really want to live that life,my cousin was an example but he changed his life and learned.As for Gucci mane he is pure garbage,I wish pimp c was alive this trap shyt wouldnt be were its at.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:04 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
It's not trap but this is the closest topic I could find.

Big Boi has a new dog shampoo out.

Big Boi's dog shampoo will leave your pup so fresh and so clean, clean - Atlanta Magazine

Old 01-11-2017, 05:09 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,524 times
Here's something related to both trap and Atlanta. The Migos just scored their first #1 song with Bad and Boujee. And Donald Glover, creator of the Golden Globe-winning Atlanta, said they're the Beatles of our generation. http://www.spin.com/2017/01/donald-g...golden-globes/

Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Here's something related to both trap and Atlanta. The Migos just scored their first #1 song with Bad and Boujee. And Donald Glover, creator of the Golden Globe-winning Atlanta, said they're the Beatles of our generation. Donald Glover Declares Migos’ “Bad and Boujee” the Best Song to Have Sex To | SPIN
That's how I know I'm getting old, because I can not see what these kids like about them. One of them sounds like a fake cover of Gucci and the other ones are just halfway decent. I keep hearing from these youngins that they actually spit some real stuff but I just can't see it. Either way I'm happy to see them young brothers doing their thing and also happy to see them give a voice to the Northside.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:17 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
... Donald Glover, creator of the Golden Globe-winning Atlanta, said they're the Beatles of our generation.
Wow! Some big shoes to fill.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:39 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
Quote:
Here's something related to both trap and Atlanta. The Migos just scored their first #1 song with Bad and Boujee. And Donald Glover, creator of the Golden Globe-winning Atlanta, said they're the Beatles of our generation. Donald Glover Declares Migos’ “Bad and Boujee” the Best Song to Have Sex To | SPIN
It's one of their better songs, but to say the Beatles. That's a stretch their Gambino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta