Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:13 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,039,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
Yeah mann and im from houston i grew up ob chopped n screwed but some of these niccaz be like rappin atl style rather h-town screwed up flow style,times changed sigh...
I agree. Houston has fell off hard. I really miss the 90s and early 2000s rap scene. In the 90s Houston's local scene could go toe to toe with La and NYC. Atlanta is running the south now. Hopefully Houston will make a comeback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 05:18 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,039,653 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7aELH0U2gkk

true Houston rap

Old 04-27-2016, 06:04 PM

114 posts, read 134,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
I agree. Houston has fell off hard. I really miss the 90s and early 2000s rap scene. In the 90s Houston's local scene could go toe to toe with La and NYC. Atlanta is running the south now. Hopefully Houston will make a comeback.
What about mid to late 2000s? Bun B, Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Slim Thug, Paul Wall??

Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 PM

341 posts, read 266,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Mannn hold up,dat classic I still got the CD/Tape R.I.P fat pat(SUC legend)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pNzviB_dP0

That's true h-town legend Scarface,i got that cd to this day!

Old 04-27-2016, 09:47 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,530,835 times
Dude you have no case, fall back.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I agreed... let's not bring race into this...
Yea lets not tell the truth and discuss the hijacking of a musical genre. Lets sweep it under the rainbow colored rug.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,104,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
TI also can flow, can be very lyrical

Trap and Crunk is not the opposite or being lyrical a few of them are very. In fact you can argue some of Outkast and Goodie later stuff fits under crunk.

B.O.B, Rosa Parks, Get Rich to this and etc.

Rick Ross, TI, Luda, Wayne, and etc got bars

It generalizing to put all Trap and Crunk in the box some was lyrical most wasn't but that wasn't the point of hip hop, by the mid 2000's pretty most NY rappers started to fade out whom not name is 50 cent, the South really to started to take over. And NYers started to power hate the South.

- They created this huge revision like early rappers were lyrical in NY during the 70's and 80's.
- Hip hop in the 90's in the south Atlanta, Houston, Memphis, Miami, New Orleans did happen
- And all of hip hop suppose to sound like some 90's NY keith murray or Black moon.

In the West G Funk came
The South, Bass music, Crunk and Bounce Music came.

The problem is because Hip hop started in NY, NYers attach early Hip hop of the 70's and 80's with their 90's style as if that not a evolve sub genre. there's no term for 90's NY Hip Hop or than hip hop even tho Nas have just as much in common with Kurtis Blow as Uncle Luke has with Kurtis Blow.

----------

But as I said I like Trap music I just wish their was more diversity with rappers.

I don't understand why most southern rappers all raping about selling drugs now. they are rapping about selling drugs a higher rate the early 2000's their way less diversity about topics. I bring this up because besides a few songs like Trap Queen. Rapping about Drugs hardly Chart now.

If look at top artists Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and etc there clear pattern. If Atlanta is ever to get top rappers again Atlanta need more relatable or creative rappers.

Early Trap rappers like TI, Jeezy could rap about more than selling drugs and some of there songs were deep, Luda never did, nor did Outkast.

I believe most Atlanta now take after Gucci mane, who's not lyrical, mumble and just made ratchet hood anthem. Future is an evolve form of Gucci mane, he has a deep ear for melody some of is cool, why is half Atlanta rappers now trying to sing off key biting Future. I think Atlanta has ok rappers but Atlanta needs a Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar who can rap about different topics. and rap on different types of beats.

What exactly "Trap" is can be be difficult distinguish, because now I think it takes on a different meanting. You're correct back then T.I., Jeezy made "Trap Music" but they also could flow and talk about other subjects too.

It seems like nowadays people associate "Trap" with a style of beats too. I keep hearing people talk about "Trap Beats". Referring to 808 Mafia style beats. There was no such thing as a "Trap" beat bac then.

T.I.'s "Trap Muzik" album from years ago is much different and better than what they call "Trap music" now.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:08 PM

Trap music was different during TIs prime, but drug dealing rap was wasnt the only thing pushed in those years. Drug Dealing music keeps the prisons filed, its a terrible thing now. Luckily some black kids are not easily influenced by the puppet masters that hide in the background. Sell drugs and twerk, sell drugs and twerk. Thats all we got?? The Jerry Hellers of hip hop mean us major harm.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:47 PM

78 posts, read 81,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Of course it is. Only bash the Christians and Islamic people but leave the people of Judah uncriticized. You guys really dont see what is going on here.
It's the culture of political correctness that have people afraid to talk about statistics. Truth hurts, and black artists have little control over the genre they created. Why else do you think the hip hop has crashed and burned so badly? I don't expect non-black record execs to be in tune with what rap fans want, since they didn't grow up around the culture to appreciate its roots, lyrical skills, ciphers, and etc. These record execs are out of touch, and mainly make simple ABC bubblegum rap to cater to the most UNeducated and lowest common denominator of the black demographic. These wack ass MCs with no skills insult my intelligence.

I lost track of how many young folks can't comprehend lyrics by Nas and other lyrical skilled MCs. Real hip hop is dead folks, and have been since it peaked in the 90s and late 2000s. Sales have plummeted since.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:52 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiWonder13 View Post
And gym sessions most definitely, but I can agree here with what you said.
Definitely forgot that point.

Quote:
What about mid to late 2000s? Bun B, Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Slim Thug, Paul Wall??
Meh to all of them. The mid 2000s was the end of every city having their own distinct sound honestly and Bun B was easily in his prime in the late 90s compared to the mid 2000s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta