Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 06:56 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Economic opportunity! The red states are significantly out performing the blue and have been for a while.
Mississippi is outperforming CA, OR, WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Just saw my first two Lance-Bottoms signs today, but not in yards, but in the public right-of-way. Her signs are conspicuously absent from the East-side neighborhoods. Really, you see signs for everyone except her—you see Fort signs in Druid Hills, but can’t find a Lance-Bottms sign anywhere. Maybe these two signs are the beginning of a push on the east side, or maybe she just figures that they aren’t worth the effort until the runoffs. If the polls are correct, she would be right.
How to report illegal political signs in city ROW.
https://www.atl311.com/?page_id=115&...uth=2c092298ef

Old 10-10-2017, 08:52 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So what did the other candidates say?

I heard John Eaves describe Trump as an enigma, narcissistic and divisive, but it sounds like he was dancing around, too.

Kasim Reed said he thought it was a bad idea for an Atlanta mayor to take a hostile stance toward Trump.
I agree with Kasim and I don't think Norwood said anything wrong in relation to Trump. Not sure what the rest of the candidates said, doubt there was anything positive mentioned. I really don't like that the moderators are trying to corner Norwood on something that doesn't have much to do with being the mayor.

But my motivation for posting are the words she uses when describing very important issues. "I do not support any policies that are bigotry, that are racism" sounds like she has no idea what she is talking about. I'm sure that's not the case as she has been doing this for awhile. But it would be perfectly reasonable for a voter/constituent to come to the conclusion that she is very disconnected from these topics. That's exactly why I don't think she will make for a good mayor.

I always go back to that forum Reed held with BLM. I want our Mayor to be able to participate in forums like that. The mayor doesn't need to be black to do so, but if Norwood went to the forum making statements like "we need to stop supremacy", that conversation would not go well.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:55 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,484,386 times
I was there and that is second time she has created a situation for herself with racial issues, and I am good on Norwood. She is not going to get my vote...

Old 10-10-2017, 11:18 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
I'd be interested to hear what the other candidates had to say in response to this question about Trump. However, I haven't found the video yet.

I hate to think we've got a new litmus test that says unless you denounce Trump you can't be mayor of Atlanta. Trump is obnoxious but that doesn't change the fact that he's President for at least 3 more years (if not 7), and we've got to deal with him. Having an overtly hostile position doesn't bode well for the ATL.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:23 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,368 times
Why is nobody asking why Bottoms was forced to give back 25k in campaign donations from an individual involved in the City Hall bribery case? Also, why are they not telling us who the money actually went to that ER Mitchell and Charles Richards paid?

Quote from todays ajc:

Quote:
The feds have alleged Mitchell paid a person under the belief some of the money would go to one or more person with influence over contracts.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
I'm sorry, but if you can't clearly and unequivocally denounce a white supremacist & sexual predator then you are not even remotely qualified to be the leader of a major city.
Trump has nothing to do with a nonpartisan Mayoral election in Atlanta. What next are they going to ask the candidates their thoughts on Abortion? It is very clear what they are trying to do here. Doesn't take any intellectual understanding to see these are trap questions being used to try and manipulate people.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:01 PM

1,054 posts, read 921,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Why is nobody asking why Bottoms was forced to give back 25k in campaign donations from an individual involved in the City Hall bribery case? Also, why are they not telling us who the money actually went to that ER Mitchell and Charles Richards paid?

Quote from todays ajc:
Isn't the head of procurement under indictment?

Old 10-10-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
Isn't the head of procurement under indictment?
that is who collected the money on behalf of these other individuals who have yet to be named. The money was distributed by him to the mysterious people in City Hall that they won't name. Why?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:12 PM

Easy way to review all City of Atlanta Elections campaign donation disclosures. http://atlantacity.gaeasyfile.com/SearchResults.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta