Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,603 times

Advertisements

So, how did the Conley Hills house work out for you? I am looking at a few homes a couple of streets to the west of Conley Hills, north of Washington Rd. I love the houses in that neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 AM

10 posts, read 13,598 times
Midway Woods is still a great neighborhood with many price ranges. You can find many homes under $200K and most with very little work if any needed it that price point, though you may need to go to $225K for complete renovations. If you are looking to do the work yourself there have recently been several properties in the mid to low $100's though you would probably need a contractor or they would make great buys for investors. We have Dearborn park right in the neighborhood and it's a undiscovered gem. Though the City of Decatur has been debating about annexation our 'hood I don't think it's going to happen because most of the folks to Midway Woods to be close to Decatur, but not in Decatur. Forrest Hills has smaller homes, but they are little more pricer than Midway Woods. On the south side of Memorial Drive in White Oak Hills are more great buys that can be found below the $200's. Midway Woods and the surrounding areas also have new construction in the $500k-$600k

Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 AM

10 posts, read 13,598 times
Default Midway Woods - Decatur

There are still great buys in the Woods these days, but, of course, things have changed a bit in the last 3 years since I last posted. Prices have come down, but are more affordable. A 4br, 2 ba completely renovated home just sold for $186,900 on Deerwood Drive. There home 2 doors down that just sold and is to be remodeled that will be coming on the market in about 3-4 months that is a 3br, 21/2ba with lots of closet space (which is really hard to find in these old 1950's ranch homes). You are 5 minutes away from downtown Decatur and there is a A Piece of Cake shop that is just down the road.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownLifeAtl View Post
There are still great buys in the Woods these days, but, of course, things have changed a bit in the last 3 years since I last posted. Prices have come down, but are more affordable. A 4br, 2 ba completely renovated home just sold for $186,900 on Deerwood Drive. There home 2 doors down that just sold and is to be remodeled that will be coming on the market in about 3-4 months that is a 3br, 21/2ba with lots of closet space (which is really hard to find in these old 1950's ranch homes). You are 5 minutes away from downtown Decatur and there is a A Piece of Cake shop that is just down the road.
Moreover, Midway Woods is now zoned for Avondale Elementary and the Druid Hills High and Shamrock Middle School Cluster.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM

83 posts, read 83,760 times
Default City of Decatur annexation

Well, it is has been nearly 4 1/2 years since the last post in this forum and Midway Woods and the real estate market have been changed considerably. Well, we all know the real estate story so no need to go into that. Midway Woods has weathered the storm. Now is a perfect time to buy. Renovations are happening on every block and in the surrounding areas there are homes popping up in from the $400's up. However you can still get in here for under $100k if you're willing to do some work, under $200k for about 1400 sq. ft remodeled.

The only draw backback is the possible (depending on your view) annexation into Decatur. If you see a home check on the taxes on the DeKalb website and add 60% to that if they are incorporated. Also, there will be fierce overcrowding in City of Decatur schools if this happens.

If not, this is going to be the next big area.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:32 AM

83 posts, read 83,760 times
2/9/2014: a full 3 years later and the annexation did not go through except for a few homes on northside of Midway Rd and 7 homes and Waldorf School property that petitioned on 1/24/14. The market has rebounded and you can no longer find anything under $100k. Complete remodels start at $190K and they've had a few tear downs in the n'hood. Unfortunately, these are in my opinion totally out of character for the n'hood and look better placed in any suburb in anywhere USA. I miss my garage, but I wouldn't want to live in the new homes being built, one which is being marketed at $499,900.
Also, some unscrupulous realtors are putting that these homes are in City of Decatur, when they are not! Also, you must be put into a lottery for The Museum School, so beware if you see a listing that indicates that this is the school in DeKalb County attendance.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:13 PM

7 posts, read 12,177 times
I always here on the news about crimes in EP, but it must be certain areas. I have a friend that lives in EP and he likes it a lot. It's really low key and he's never had any problems. He's not too far from the MARTA station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta