Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:29 PM

48 posts, read 184,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
i do not understand why people debate over this kind of stuff. I can simplify it for you...

the only thing that changes in these areas that go to crap, are the races that reside there. Period!!!!!

when is the last time you saw a nice, quiet, crime free black community get ruined and run down because whites started moving in. Lets see........never.

Stone mountain, lilburn, lithonia, snellville, lawrenceville. Just to name a few that were once nice quiet neighborhoods with very little crime, now ruined and crime ridden because of minorities. I've lived here for the last 15 years, and seen this happen before my very eyes. It's sad.

It's not racist people. Just cold, hard, painful facts.

ty!ty!ty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 PM

48 posts, read 184,553 times
TY to those Specifing Those wonderful Facts!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_guy View Post
For those of you with absolutely ZERO first hand experience with these schools, let me straighten some things out..

I went to both Snellville Middle and South Gwinnett. I graduated from South Gwinnett in 1998. When I went there, both schools were predominantly white, and had no major problems. The worst we had to worry about was a school "fight" happening. Now, both schools are filled with minorities, mainly blacks and require excessive amounts of security. I believe now South Gwinnett has 4 full time security guards on duty, with metal detectors everywhere. When I went there, there was only 1 guard and he was part time. When you drive by there, there isn't a white kid in site.

The only thing that has changed in these schools is the race of the kids going there.

Some of you people need to wake up and realize that it's not racism. It's statistics and statistics dont lie.

Gwinnett county as a hole is gone to the toilet, and it's not because all the white people just decided to get together one day and ruin it. All the whites are LEAVING. You do the math.

So Let me get this straight, because the demographic picture has changed, gwinnett is flushing down the toilet....Correct? Well i have to disagree... I recently graduated from Shiloh in 2007 and although we did have a few troublesome kids ( as with any school, no matter what race) the majority of students worked extremely hard to secure the foundation of their future!! Race has nothing to do with violence, intellegence, or even the run down of gwinnett's neighborhoods. At shiloh, we NEVER had any racial issues. I feel as though it is important for kids to mingle with people who are not of the same race as them. Everyone who is replying to this thread is throwing out statistics is dreadfully ignorant. So what if Gwinnett was predomanetly white at one point.... are other races not allowed to live in a good area and send their children to good schools and live in safe neighborhoods? I feel as though some of you adults really need to get a grip and let go of the race card! If as young adults we can get along and get pass skin color.... so can you so called adults.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:18 PM

40 posts, read 170,070 times
Quote:
I do not understand why people debate over this kind of stuff. I can simplify it for you...

THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IN THESE AREAS THAT GO TO CRAP, ARE THE RACES THAT RESIDE THERE. PERIOD!!!!!

When is the last time you saw a nice, quiet, crime free BLACK community get ruined and run down because whites started moving in. Lets see........Never.

Stone Mountain, Lilburn, Lithonia, Snellville, Lawrenceville. Just to name a few that were once nice quiet neighborhoods with very little crime, now ruined and crime ridden because of minorities. I've lived here for the last 15 years, and seen this happen before my very eyes. It's sad.

Come on That Guy. Are you really that out of it? It's all about class, not race. Please visit any non-black run down area where the majority of the people don't have a lot of money. Then you'll see, you're just exchanging one "ghetto" for another. I will admit that culturally black people tend to be or seem more aggressive than other races. That's another issue that even I am tired of hearing.

I am black by the way and yes, I don't take any crap. But, I'm also not a murderer, thief, or any other type of criminal. I'm an educated professional with a responsible, high-paying job. When you're broke, you do things that more fortunate people don't have to do or would never think of doing. "That Guy", perhaps while doing your research you can poll some statistics about the relationship between criminal activity and poverty. When you don't have anything to lose, you risk more! That's just human nature. It's not a black thing, it's more of a poor thing. Visit a middle class black neighborhood, I grew up in one, and you'll see the same types of families you do in other middle class neighborhoods. Good parents trying to raise their kids to be good citizens. I hope you learned something today. While the middle, working, and poor classes are all arguing about ridiculous topics that should have been squashed 100 years ago, the very rich (of all races) are laughing all the way to the bank. Stay focused on real issues. Maybe you can help someone one day. I think I just simplified it for you.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 AM

3 posts, read 8,520 times
Default Perception not Reality

The South Gwinnett cluster, including Snellville Middle, continues to produce well educated students, taught by some exceptional teachers. These students have gone on to the same colleges/universities as those educated at nearby private schools. I would recommend you check out the school for yourself and not listen to other people that probably are just repeating what someone else told them. Alot of what I hear about the South Cluster is unfounded, hearsay..."negative propaganda".

Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylove5055 View Post
Hello!
I have posted a few threads as to moving.However My main scare is Snellville Middle which my daughter is supposed to go this year.People around hear talk alot and people are moving ,lol due to the fact there children would go there the following year.litterally my neighbor hood is evacuating,lol but yet there children haven't yet gone there,lol
I am scared I look on GReat schools.com it is rated an 8 out of 10....I only see comments based on people not agreeing with strict dress codes...not a prob for me ..I appreciate that.
I'm also worried of my child being a minority....I am not racist.....People as a whole can be horrible not individuals(in that dept)She is white........I am just worried..(Have heard alot ......).I need some help.......

I really don't want to move......

2058-Snellville Middle SchoolFemale Asian 3300000001013100000Female Black 68100000002162022630000Female Hispanic 8600000003227270000Female American Indian 400000002110000Female Multi-Racial 4600000001120150000Female White 23800000006984850000Sub Total(Female)1,08800000003403474010000Male Asian 280000000314110000Male Black 71300000002462412260000Male Hispanic 9700000003039280000Male American Indian 300000001200000Male Multi-Racial 6100000002016250000Male White 24400000007593760000Sub Total(Male)1,14600000003754053660000School Total(2058)2,23400000007157527670000

can anyone help with my concerns?????????
Please

Thank you,
This school is majority black, if your friends are White then their response will be what many whites in metro Atlanta have done when a schools goes majority minority. If your friends are black then I would ask more questions. Hope this helps.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:07 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzall View Post
Come on That Guy. Are you really that out of it? It's all about class, not race. Please visit any non-black run down area where the majority of the people don't have a lot of money. Then you'll see, you're just exchanging one "ghetto" for another. I will admit that culturally black people tend to be or seem more aggressive than other races. That's another issue that even I am tired of hearing.

I am black by the way and yes, I don't take any crap. But, I'm also not a murderer, thief, or any other type of criminal. I'm an educated professional with a responsible, high-paying job. When you're broke, you do things that more fortunate people don't have to do or would never think of doing. "That Guy", perhaps while doing your research you can poll some statistics about the relationship between criminal activity and poverty. When you don't have anything to lose, you risk more! That's just human nature. It's not a black thing, it's more of a poor thing. Visit a middle class black neighborhood, I grew up in one, and you'll see the same types of families you do in other middle class neighborhoods. Good parents trying to raise their kids to be good citizens. I hope you learned something today. While the middle, working, and poor classes are all arguing about ridiculous topics that should have been squashed 100 years ago, the very rich (of all races) are laughing all the way to the bank. Stay focused on real issues. Maybe you can help someone one day. I think I just simplified it for you.
very nicely put. i'm soooo tired of hearing that black people are lazy, stupid, criminals, etc.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyez1 View Post
So Let me get this straight, because the demographic picture has changed, gwinnett is flushing down the toilet....Correct? Well i have to disagree... I recently graduated from Shiloh in 2007 and although we did have a few troublesome kids ( as with any school, no matter what race) the majority of students worked extremely hard to secure the foundation of their future!! Race has nothing to do with violence, intellegence, or even the run down of gwinnett's neighborhoods. At shiloh, we NEVER had any racial issues. I feel as though it is important for kids to mingle with people who are not of the same race as them. Everyone who is replying to this thread is throwing out statistics is dreadfully ignorant. So what if Gwinnett was predomanetly white at one point.... are other races not allowed to live in a good area and send their children to good schools and live in safe neighborhoods? I feel as though some of you adults really need to get a grip and let go of the race card! If as young adults we can get along and get pass skin color.... so can you so called adults.
I don't think you can teach old dogs new tricks. Just let them die with their hate. There's a whole generation of these racist clowns rotting in Nursing Homes, and guess who is taking care of them? The same blacks and hispanics they hate and hurt. Scraper your time will come. I hope it's one of those students that takes care of you till you hit the grave . Karma has a way with people like you . (Check the stats on how many "minorities" are in that field, and how many are entering it )
(My wife who happens to be black (from the Caribbean) tells me about it all the time. You see them laying in their bed full of regrets, powerless, cannot think of being disrespectful to these care givers, they spent their lives hating). Ah, how life rears its head down the road.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,017 times
Quote:
I do not understand why people debate over this kind of stuff. I can simplify it for you...

THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IN THESE AREAS THAT GO TO CRAP, ARE THE RACES THAT RESIDE THERE. PERIOD!!!!!

When is the last time you saw a nice, quiet, crime free BLACK community get ruined and run down because whites started moving in. Lets see........Never.

Stone Mountain, Lilburn, Lithonia, Snellville, Lawrenceville. Just to name a few that were once nice quiet neighborhoods with very little crime, now ruined and crime ridden because of minorities. I've lived here for the last 15 years, and seen this happen before my very eyes. It's sad.

What an idiotic post: Lilburn = Parkview HS,; Snellville, = Brookwood HS; Lawrenceville = MillCreek, Peacthtree Ridge, New Archer HS, Brookwood, Dacula, New Mountain HS

Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 AM

14 posts, read 49,209 times
S. M Inman Middle School has the best academics in Atlanta. For other places, try to move Downtown Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta