Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 PM

631 posts, read 1,229,484 times

Advertisements

I thought they closed the other Dallas Vs Atlanta thread this one needs to be closed too we have compared and compared and compared and compared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 04:32 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,976,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calitalia View Post
I've been in ATL for 7 years and would never recommend moving here. Ever! Too many reasons to list.
Oh, now doesn't that just sound terrible? I hope Indiana is a much better choice for you and your charming personality. Good Luck Ya'll!

Old 02-19-2010, 05:21 PM

606 posts, read 2,006,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpFU View Post
I had the exact same choice when I graduated college about 14 years ago. I've been in Atlanta since. I've never regretted the decision. In fact, I have thought many times, 'Man, I am glad I didn't move to Dallas'

In my book, here are the advantages:
1. Trees
2. Mountains within 1-2 hour drive. This is really nice as a retreat when it is too hot to do anything else in the summer
3. Hartsfield. The largest airport in the world. There's a direct flight to almost everywhere.
4. No Texan attitude. Who thinks Texans are even half as cool as Texans think they are?
I've noticed Atlantans have an attitude too...

Old 02-19-2010, 07:09 PM

144 posts, read 331,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Atlanta is about the exact opposite of that. It's laid out a lot more like old Northeastern cities, with a lot of walkable neighborhoods, classy old homes, rolling hills, trees, etc.
I lived there for 20 years. Nice scenery (rolling hills/trees) and some old homes - but the problem is the "walkable neighborhoods" are all miles away from each other. Unless you live in downtown Decatur, there's not another spot in the metro that I consider "walkable."

Yes, I left!

Old 02-19-2010, 11:04 PM

23,489 posts, read 44,152,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadInSuburbia View Post
I lived there for 20 years. Nice scenery (rolling hills/trees) and some old homes - but the problem is the "walkable neighborhoods" are all miles away from each other. Unless you live in downtown Decatur, there's not another spot in the metro that I consider "walkable."

Yes, I left!
Other walkable neighborhoods:

Downtown
Midtown
Brookwood Hills
Ardmore Park
Ansley Park
Haynes Manor
Virginia-Highland
Poncey-Highland
Inman Park
Candler Park
Grant Park
West End
East Atlanta
Morningside
Brookhaven
College Park
East Point

Sorry you missed 'em.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 PM

3 posts, read 5,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launi View Post
I am a recent college grad currently living in TX. I am having a hard time deciding between Dallas TX and Atlanta. I check statistics for both and Dallas is larger, more diverse but Atlanta seems to have a lot of cultural activities and events. But have high crime rates.
I am more impressed with ATL but is it really that bad of a city to live?
@Launi Noo There is not alot of crime there (:

Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Atlanta has one of the higher crime rates of the major cities. The reputation has reached other regions in the last couple of years. People ask this because they hear and read the stories and are asking locals if they feel it's true or overhyped. I know people who live as far away as Oregon and Northern california and they've made comments to me like, "oh, I hear Atlanta is really bad with crime - tell me...".
Atlanta does not have tht many crime at all.
Its not bad at all

Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 6,199 times
We dont want to be Western in Atlanta! We love our good values and southern heritage!!!!!

Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,060 times
Atlanta is urban (no cows lots and lots of cars)
Dallas is rural (with cows)

Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,147,032 times
Quote:
Atlanta is urban (no cows lots and lots of cars)
Dallas is rural (with cows)
You joined city data to post that...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta