Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,236 times

Advertisements

CrimeMapping.com - National Map

I don't know if I would call it crime free...however I think it's a safe area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM

468 posts, read 1,379,348 times
Anyone concerned with crime in a particular area should contact city or county officials, police, etc for their input.

As I inform anyone looking to move, do your homework and make the calls. Don't rely on 'hearsay' or message boards for true factual info. Go to the sources of whatever info you're seeking.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:24 PM

33 posts, read 91,441 times
To clarify earlier statements we have had messages about and certainly related to Mr. Fermin' post:
There is a subdivision of brand new $$$ MILLION DOLLAR HOUSES $$$ at the back of the Norris Lake neighborhood in Snellville, Gwinnett County, GA, built at the back of the Norris Lake neighborhood. The houses carry both Snellville and Lithonia addresses due to the neighborhood being on the county line but they are all in Norris Lake!
TO SEE THEM ONLINE Google-map street view the street names Norris Lake Way and Saine Road and Anderson Valley Drive and you can see these million buck new houses in Norris Lake. As well some more have been built since the many that were there when the google car drove through a few years ago.
This top drawer neighborhood is off Norris Lake Drive just before you get to Pleasant Hill Road. We also have new upscale construction going on on the lake now and on Hightower Trail in the original parrt of the neighborhood. I live in a 1960s house and I am six figure as is my spouse and at least one of the spouses in each of the homes on either side of us. SO we are all doing fine LOL!
Do your homework and do not rely on the opinions of these folks who hang out on message boards LOL!
Subdivisions FULL OF MILLION DOLLAR HOUSES do not pop up in bad areas and these are clearly in our neighborhood as is much new upscale construction going on now in the older sections at the heights of a recession!!!!!
Google map street view the newest houses in Norris Lake on the streets above!

Last edited by ski-mann; 03-20-2011 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: typo spelling issues LOL

Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 PM

53 posts, read 158,444 times
Well I suppose ENOUGH was said since the newest houses in Norris Lake in Snellville GA on the streets Norris Lake Way and Saine Road and Anderson Valley Drive in Norris Lake subdivision are indeed ALL lavish and fabulous and in the MILLION DOLLAR range! And they are not even on the water or anywhere near it!!! Google map the streets and their spectacular homes for a visual TREAT! Norris Lake Way and the streets off of it (Saine Road namely) are indeed one of the most popular areas in metro-Atlanta with the million dollar house set so I guess that Norris Lake is getting better and better as time passes!!! There is a noted national celebrity and a family formerly from the mainline of Buckhead who live in there so I suppose we must be a great area indeed and getting better by the day!!!

Last edited by AdelaidefromLondon; 05-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM

4 posts, read 5,778 times
Hi all,

My wife and I are buying a home to rehab in Norris Lake. We figure we'll use it as a vacation home the first summer...and if all goes well, move from Myrtle Beach to live there full time.

Quick question, are there any restrictions against RV's, boats, and jet skis stored on the properties?

Dennis

Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtlebeachguy View Post
Quick question, are there any restrictions against RV's, boats, and jet skis stored on the properties?

Dennis
Check your covenants.

I do not recall any restrictions when I lived there. There were all of the above all around the neighborhood.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:25 PM

4 posts, read 5,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
Check your covenants.

I do not recall any restrictions when I lived there. There were all of the above all around the neighborhood.

Thanks...

We're still in the process. There are about 5 properties we're looking at and we haven't even seen the covenants yet. I called the HOA and I THINK the woman said that jet skis and boats were allowed , but RV's weren't? Maybe she didn't understand my question or I didn't understand her. Maybe she thought I meant a massive 50 foot class A motor home vs. a little travel trailer. She also said it was an issue with Gwinnett Cty, not the association. Basically, you can't turn your lot into a campground.

I'll definitely get a hold of the covenants before signing a contract.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtlebeachguy View Post
Thanks...

We're still in the process. There are about 5 properties we're looking at and we haven't even seen the covenants yet. I called the HOA and I THINK the woman said that jet skis and boats were allowed , but RV's weren't? Maybe she didn't understand my question or I didn't understand her. Maybe she thought I meant a massive 50 foot class A motor home vs. a little travel trailer. She also said it was an issue with Gwinnett Cty, not the association. Basically, you can't turn your lot into a campground.

I'll definitely get a hold of the covenants before signing a contract.
Gwinnett County will not let you park any vehicle or trailer in your yard. It has to be on pavement. Also, the motor home may have to be parked behind a gate, but don't quote me on that. Gwinnett County is usually quite strict about their ordinances, so I would check first.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
Hi Myrtlebeach guy!
I am also looking to buy at norris lake this month. By the way my brother does remodeling and is excellent!! His prices are good compared to the quality of work he does. (my father was a contractor and he has been doing this since he was twelve almost 30 years.) Let me know if you need his number. He also did a three story addition to a house on Lee Road and can give you the address if you want to see it.
Mary Ann

Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 PM

53 posts, read 158,444 times
Myrtle Beach Guy... People leave their jet ski's out in driveways and in full view attesting to the safety of the Lake Norris neighborhood for one thing. The very handsome young man who bought the gorgeous white house on the Lake Drive/Hightower Trail thru lot and which looms up three stories from it's Lake Drive facade leaves his jet ski's up by the road on a trailer and noone bothers them and no neighbors have complained. There is a family on Lake Drive who leaves a VERY expensive boat in their front yard and they are weekenders who live in Ansley Park in Atlanta and I do not know of anyone who has taken concern.
It is a laid back neighborhood so as long as nothing looks tacky noone will say anything.
Do see the new three story home under construction on Lake Drive on the south side of the Lake and the new 5k square foot ranch with the eight foot brick wall around about an acre lot on Hightower Trail. BOTH ARE WONDERFUL AND VERY EXPENSIVE HOMES being built now in Norris Lake so you are in a great area to buy and redo as evidenced by this NEW UPSCALE CONSTRUCTION going on in the neighborhood right now!!! Interestingly another house, an older ranch, is about to fall on the west side of the lake for a new upscale house to go on the lot. The demolition permits are in the window if you ride by you will see them posted in the front window.
Two homes on Lake Drive off the water and the house on Hightower Trail near Jane Road have both been completely gutted and redone by new weekend owners all in the last year or so down to new kitchens and two of them were built since about 1995 so they were not (totally remodeled because they were) old houses. Another house on the south side of Hightower Trail was bought recently by a family from Europe to use as a vacation house. They came to the club house recently and were simply lovely and very interesting people and extreme Atlanta-philes!
Applaud yourself!!! OBVIOUSLY you have a winning idea as all the positive things going on in the area show others have preceded your idea with action. One of the houses on Lake Drive has a flashy Lotus motorcar there most weekends so all assume the driver is the new owner. An MD redid one of the other houses as a weekend home which he will later use for retirement just as you have mentioned doing. And he has lived in the neighborhood before. You will find a wonderful laid back neighborhood of interesting and great people at Norris Lake.

Last edited by AdelaidefromLondon; 05-02-2012 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta