Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 11:20 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
Sorry, Migos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 11:44 AM

561 posts, read 339,070 times
Migos, man she just culled down half of "Atlanta" on that.

Maybe I missed it, but to see Pastor troy discussed without This Tha City mentioned is inexcusable.

Also have to toss in Young Dro

Old 02-19-2022, 01:46 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,851,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
Maybe I missed it, but to see Pastor troy discussed without This Tha City mentioned is inexcusable.
Wow, you are so right! I don’t know how I missed “This The City” by Pastor Troy. I think it was posted earlier and deleted because of the language…

Old 02-19-2022, 02:54 PM

561 posts, read 339,070 times
Quote:
Wow, you are so right! I don’t know how I missed “This The City” by Pastor Troy. I think it was posted earlier and deleted because of the language…
Ok. Well if that's the case, my last post won't be around for long. Great thread that I didn't know existed though. Long before I got to the metro I knew more about Atlanta, it's neighborhoods down to the streets, and the surrounding locales more than any city outside of ones I lived in. The artist always repped their city down to the zones, neighborhoods, projects, streets and other various locations in a way only equaled by New York in my opinion. Maybe not even equal.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:58 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Default OMERETTA THE GREAT 'Sorry Not Sorry' ... BUT OUTSKIRTS AREN'T ATLANTA!!! (TMZ)

Quote:
TMZ just ran an article about how the above up-and-coming rapper’s drawing of a line in the sand saying that many rappers who claim to be from Atlanta actually aren’t because they didn’t grow up inside of the city limits of Atlanta proper.

Quote:
An up-and-coming rapper from the ATL is drawing a line in the sand over who can and can't claim her turf -- and by default ... kinda ostracizes A LOT of big names that rep her home.

The young MC is Omeretta The Great, and she's got a new single out -- "Sorry Not Sorry" -- that has folks from the Greater Atlanta Metro Area in a full-blown tizzy about who's actually from there, and who's not...

... Now, as you might imagine ... the response from "Atlanta Twitter" is fierce ... with many actually agreeing with Omeretta, and others saying she's being way too territorial for no freakin' reason. Also of note, she went and shot this video at Truist Park -- about 10 miles north of downtown -- which isn't lost on people ... and appears to contradict her point.
Omeretta Unwittingly Stiff-Arms Rappers from 'Atlanta' with New Single -
OMERETTA THE GREAT
'Sorry Not Sorry' ...
BUT OUTSKIRTS AREN'T ATLANTA!!!
(TMZ)

Old 02-20-2022, 02:09 PM

1,150 posts, read 615,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
TMZ just ran an article about how the above up-and-coming rapper’s drawing of a line in the sand saying that many rappers who claim to be from Atlanta actually aren’t because they didn’t grow up inside of the city limits of Atlanta proper.

Omeretta Unwittingly Stiff-Arms Rappers from 'Atlanta' with New Single -
OMERETTA THE GREAT
'Sorry Not Sorry' ...
BUT OUTSKIRTS AREN'T ATLANTA!!!
(TMZ)
The part about her shooting the video at Truist is priceless.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
The part about her shooting the video at Truist is priceless.
I think it’s an attempt at irony. The video ends on Northside Drive near the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Since only a clip of the video went viral on social media, I don’t think many people saw it to the end…

Old 02-21-2022, 06:52 AM

I didn't listen to her song, but what is she going to do to those imposters who claim her "turf"?

Old 02-21-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
I didn't listen to her song, but what is she going to do to those imposters who claim her "turf"?
It seems her intention is just to call them out.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
It seems her intention is just to call them out.
Does she have any clout, or will it be looked at as purely white noise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta