Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
when i visited, i didn't notice anything so out of the ordinary. it just looked liked a small, mostly black, working class shopping center . even my little cousin had no worries walking there from her dorm (in the day, of course)
Actually, I was talking about Lenox - not WEM.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:49 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
.... youth dressed in urban attire.
I'm so out of the loop on modern lingo. What's "urban attire"?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:08 AM

747 posts, read 1,544,638 times
Look here's the answer everyone's been waiting for to answer the OP's question: to some people, Lenox is ghetto, to other people it's not. There's no point arguing whether it is or not because there's no way to prove it. Tenant mix, patron mix, the types of cars in the parking lot...we could go on forever about what qualifies as "ghetto." So if you think Lenox is ghetto, hood, dangerous, lame, whatever, then don't go there. There are tons of malls in this area for you to choose from.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:52 AM

The Lenox area used to be quite nice. When did it go ghetto?

(I'm still not sure what ghetto means but everybody says it so I guess I will, too).

Old 10-31-2010, 06:15 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americancoffee View Post
No brand is "exclusive" now that knockoffs are so easy to access. Case in point: the janitor at my building cleans with a "Prada" bag on her shoulder every day.
Ok how do you know her bag is a fake? Because she is a janitor? Anyone who purchases fake articles makes me wonder what are they trying to accomplish? The knock offs really hurt the real brand. There are lanes for every consumer, and honestly I dont step foot in a store I dont belong it. ILL window shop from the internet. I shop at Express, AE, Aeropostle, Apple...but Louis V or Fendi?? naw man I aint stepping in there, and I dont want the bootlegs either. Although an Omega or Audemurs timepiece would float my boat lol!

Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'd like to take a benign view of the theater closing but I believe it had to do with the fact that the crowd had become incredibly rowdy. We went to a couple of movies there in the last few years it was open, and there were people talking at full volume, shouting at each other across the theater, throwing things, jumping up and talking to the screen, running around, using profanity, and so on.

I asked some of these people to please hold it down and was loudly cursed at and booed for doing so. On both occasions we asked management to do something, but they said it was beyond their control, and gave us refunds. The second time was really unpleasant because we'd taken our 12 year old grandson and his friend with us.

We knew a number of locals who had similar experiences, and after a while people just quit going because the situation was so out of control. The theater had been a local favorite for many years and most were sad to see it go, but you simply could not watch a movie there any more.

For a while the food court wasn't much better, although the mall seems to have gotten a grip on that situation.
A bunch of young white people acting a donkey always gets on my nerves, but thats Atlanta for you. Glad they shut that theater down. Sounds like that freaknik riot at Screen on the Green.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
A bunch of young white people acting a donkey always gets on my nerves, but thats Atlanta for you. Glad they shut that theater down.
Agreed, though you can't tell skin color in a movie theater so I can't say they were white. I don't know whether they were young either. Either way, obnoxious is obnoxious.

No telling what got into the patrons at Lenox -- it used to be a pretty nice theater.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:58 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm so out of the loop on modern lingo. What's "urban attire"?

"hip-hopper" clothes ...as the older folks say

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Look here's the answer everyone's been waiting for to answer the OP's question: to some people, Lenox is ghetto, to other people it's not. There's no point arguing whether it is or not because there's no way to prove it. Tenant mix, patron mix, the types of cars in the parking lot...we could go on forever about what qualifies as "ghetto." So if you think Lenox is ghetto, hood, dangerous, lame, whatever, then don't go there. There are tons of malls in this area for you to choose from.
except that there is a definition for "ghetto", and lenox doesn't fit it

Old 10-31-2010, 08:13 PM

281 posts, read 617,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
A bunch of young white people acting a donkey always gets on my nerves, but thats Atlanta for you. Glad they shut that theater down. Sounds like that freaknik riot at Screen on the Green.
Surely you jest. I'm willing to bet the hooligans at Lennox were not white, and I know the Screen on the Green thugs were black. I hardly go to movies anymore because some people are so rude and ignorant. Thank God for blu-ray.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
"hip-hopper" clothes ...as the older folks say
Hip hop is no laughing matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta