Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 PM

106 posts, read 232,469 times

Advertisements

It was when I was young, that I learned most people were p*ssys. Being wild on the street, we would cause problems and scare people. But all you gotta do is stand up for yourself, it quickly cuts all that kid **** out. Now if I'm at a movie theater, and some kids act up, like I may have once long ago (thats karma for ya), I'll turn around, and shut them up. Whoever said, grow a backbone is right, don't let a bunch of kids stop you from shopping, going to a movie, whatever, if you do, your simply a p*ssy.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:39 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
although, something that has always puzzled me: if metro atlanta is only around 30% black, why is it that the crowds in downtown and other popular districts seem to be overwhelmingly black? i know that the city of atlanta is mostly AA, but is it that many suburban whites simply choose not to come into the city except for work?
Most Atlantans don't need to come into the city. Even the majority of city residents commute to work in the burbs.

How that translates into mostly black crowds is hard to say, since most blacks live outside the city, too.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
But all you gotta do is stand up for yourself, it quickly cuts all that kid **** out. Now if I'm at a movie theater, and some kids act up, like I may have once long ago (thats karma for ya), I'll turn around, and shut them up. Whoever said, grow a backbone is right, don't let a bunch of kids stop you from shopping, going to a movie, whatever, if you do, your simply a p*ssy.
What if you are elderly, of slight stature, or a kid, or have a disability?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
If I'm interpreting this correctly, I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not comfortable walking down Boulevard between Ponce and Freedom Parkway in the same way I don't shop at the Wal-Mart in East Bumblefuc* Alabama. Some people I'm just not comfortable around. Perhaps that's a fault on my part and I should widen my horizons, but it's an innate sense that's hard to overcome. Poor, loud, ignorant people exist regardless of race and have much the same effect on me.
That's not a bad thing to think, most people have been conditioned to be that way. Sadly, some people seem to think that that type of behavior is relegated to one type of person of a particular type of skin tone.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
You can't blame white people for being scared when the crime reports on tv almost always have black suspects.
It's pretty sad that here we sit in the year 2010, in a city known far and wide as America's black Mecca, and which has had decades of black government and a majority black police force, yet it's still targeting black citizens.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:56 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
It was when I was young, that I learned most people were p*ssys. Being wild on the street, we would cause problems and scare people. But all you gotta do is stand up for yourself, it quickly cuts all that kid **** out. Now if I'm at a movie theater, and some kids act up, like I may have once long ago (thats karma for ya), I'll turn around, and shut them up. Whoever said, grow a backbone is right, don't let a bunch of kids stop you from shopping, going to a movie, whatever, if you do, your simply a p*ssy.
Word. That's why I'm a 112 lb. 55 yo woman that carries a loaded pistol in my purse. Bring it. I'm DYING to use it.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Look here's the answer everyone's been waiting for to answer the OP's question: to some people, Lenox is ghetto, to other people it's not. There's no point arguing whether it is or not because there's no way to prove it. Tenant mix, patron mix, the types of cars in the parking lot...we could go on forever about what qualifies as "ghetto." So if you think Lenox is ghetto, hood, dangerous, lame, whatever, then don't go there. There are tons of malls in this area for you to choose from.
You sound irritated. Are you irritated?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
Surely you jest. I'm willing to bet the hooligans at Lennox were not white, and I know the Screen on the Green thugs were black. I hardly go to movies anymore because some people are so rude and ignorant. Thank God for blu-ray.
No the kids at the theater making all the noise were those out of control white kids from cobb county, sagging their pants, talking loud on cell phone, tattoos, same type of white kids throwing rocks at people trying to enjoy a movie at Screen on the Green. What is Atlanta gong to do about these people?

Old 11-01-2010, 05:52 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's pretty sad that here we sit in the year 2010, in a city known far and wide as America's black Mecca, and which has had decades of black government and a majority black police force, yet it's still targeting black citizens.

Lol you are wierd

Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Whoever Wrote this too me thanks: Quote
um there is no such thing as god. so you are basically afraid of the flying spaghetti monster. nice. you fit right into atlanta.

If they were man enough they would have left me a message stating who they are boy I tell you there area alot cowards on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta