Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM

13 posts, read 22,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
I haven't tried Pecan Street Deli, either. Shame on me. I've been meaning to try it.

Have you been to Cafe Mangu? I frequented the place when it first opened, but I haven't been in a while. I don't know if anything has changeed, but it was pretty good when I'd go. But wait...I remember my mother ordered the paella, and it was just wrong. She and my father were visiting from Japan, and they love mom and pop style non-chain restaurants, so I thought I'd try to impress them. But everything else was good.

Oh, and what about that restaurant at the intersection of Railroad and 1825 (or is that called Pecan Street?) I can't remember the name of it, but it always seems crowded. I think it's a Tex-Mex?
Never did make it to Mangu, although my co-workers swore by it. Last time I drove by, it had a different name. I want to say that it's Peruvian, maybe.

The place on 1825 (aka Pecan) & Railroad is El Rincon. It's an average Tex Mex spot. Extremely inexpensive - $3.99 lunch deal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 11:30 PM

110 posts, read 310,774 times
Austin Pizza in Oak Hill off of 290/71

Old 06-04-2011, 11:34 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Conan's

Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 PM

39 posts, read 128,716 times
I moved here from the East Coast and also had trouble finding good pizza- after trying tons of different pizza places around Austin, here's my verdict:

Salvation is amazing- at Guadalupe and 34th (very thin crust)

Also Asti has great pizza- Duval and 45th (gourmet Italian style)

Redhouse pizzeria (extremely thin), Hoboken (thin) and Milano (thicker) are real good too.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:18 AM

587 posts, read 1,420,338 times
Interesting - today's Groupon is for Salvation Pizza, so I actually came here intentionally to see if anyone had mentioned it and what do you know? Last post talks about it.

In reading the description on the pizza on the Groupon, I'm actually a little wary of buying it: I'm the gal who likes plain cheese pizza. Sometimes I will add sausage and mushrooms, but generally speaking, if the pizza is really good, it doesn't need ANYTHING.

Salvation pizza sounds a little exotic for my tastes, no? Kinda like California Pizza Kitchen? I don't like all those "out-there" different and unique pizzas. I just wants crust, good sauce, great cheese.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:14 AM

39 posts, read 128,716 times
Actually, the best Salvation pizza is the plain one-just plain cheese and red sauce! When we've ordered the fancy ones, they are too much and too gourmet sometimes. But the regular cheese pizza rocks.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:56 AM

587 posts, read 1,420,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohnstad View Post
Actually, the best Salvation pizza is the plain one-just plain cheese and red sauce! When we've ordered the fancy ones, they are too much and too gourmet sometimes. But the regular cheese pizza rocks.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip - I think I'll take advantage of the Groupon.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:36 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,863 times
So far the only good pizza I've had out here in my 5 years of Texas is Pizza Hut. That's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin