Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Now I know you don't stray from Austin much. Those place suck!

This is your opinion and I trust my own taste buds more than I trust what stupid texas monthly says

No I haven't eaten there but that doesn't mean the downtown food trucks are over saturating and not all that great.
Such informed and fact based statements. So researched and thorough... The others, too, but these are just classic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,279,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Such informed and fact based statements. So researched and thorough... The others, too, but these are just classic!
This is the one I loved:

Quote:
Thai - about as dumb as the Mexican comment. I've eaten all over Thailand - from street hawkers in Bangkok, to waterside fish places in Hat Yai and Koh Samui to mom and pop's in the Northeast. Som's/Madame Mam's is as good. Haven't been to Sway yet, but hear mixed reviews. Again you really need to get to NY or Baltimore or DC or Philly or Northern Va. or NJ or California. Please travel so that you can back up your sad statements.
Travel? You mean to, like actually Thailand? Which couldn't possibly be a better standard for Thai food than New Jersey. How arrogant of me to believe that.

Another entry for the ignore list.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM

440 posts, read 714,709 times
Worst: traffic. Hands down.
Second worst: crowded everywhere with trustafarian grackles.
Third worst: huge competition for relatively low-paid jobs.
Best: food. Cheap and good food, which is the silver lining of "third worst."

Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 PM

411 posts, read 901,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
This is the one I loved:

Travel? You mean to, like actually Thailand? Which couldn't possibly be a better standard for Thai food than New Jersey. How arrogant of me to believe that.

Another entry for the ignore list.

You probably think the seafood is good here too.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:53 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,737,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwashingtonkid View Post
You probably think the seafood is good here too.
Please stop arguing.

I ran by your past posts was floored by all the arguments and "idiot" judgments you've called other City-Data posters.

The Austin forum really doesn't need more posters who are argumentative and are judgmental for simply the sake of being so. Let's play nice, listen and learn!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM

411 posts, read 901,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
Please stop arguing.

I ran by your past posts was floored by all the arguments and "idiot" judgments you've called other City-Data posters.

The Austin forum really doesn't need more posters who are argumentative and are judgmental for simply the sake of being so. Let's play nice, listen and learn!

no. I am right.

Last edited by fortwashingtonkid; 09-05-2013 at 01:06 PM..

Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountryheart View Post
Third worst: huge competition for relatively low-paid jobs.

Oh, god. I totally forgot about that one. Yeah, it's amazing how many applicants my former office got for a $9/hr. administrative job. Something like 2,000? Of course, this was at the height of the recession, but from what I hear in my current HR, it's about that competitive, at least in education.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,683 times
Austin GMA population:

250,000 in 1970
1,250,000 in 2010

Close thread.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM
ITO

159 posts, read 374,092 times
The vast hoards of mostly liberal college students who help vote in all kinds of bond issues and other feel good and costly nonsense that raises all of our property taxes, only to leave town after they graduate and stick us with the higher taxes, as the new students move in and whine about how expensive it is to live here.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:33 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITO View Post
The vast hoards of mostly liberal college students who help vote in all kinds of bond issues and other feel good and costly nonsense that raises all of our property taxes, only to leave town after they graduate and stick us with the higher taxes, as the new students move in and whine about how expensive it is to live here.
Clue: Those liberal college students aren't just the ones voting in higher property taxes. It's the new folks who come to town armed with masses of cash to fritter away who vote on this stuff. I would love to own property (again), but I just can't justify it, given the extraordinarily high tax rate. Anyone who comes here and thinks they're saving money on real property has to be smoking crack. (I'm an Independent, BTW.)

If you want Austin's cost of living to remain within the realm of remotely reasonable, you need to vote. And that goes for ALL of us who live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin