Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 AM

160 posts, read 233,867 times

Advertisements

Yey for more P. Terry's! Guess I haven't looked into it for a while. We don't eat out too often. We mostly make it a special occasion thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post

And there is a fairly new (and big) P.Terry's at Mopac and Parmer in North Austin already, but I've also driven by the new one that they are building on 183. The sign is huge and has great visibility from 183. It looks like they are pouring some money into expanding.

Are they the drive through kind or the eat in/drive through kind? The big one must be eat in, but what about the other?

Last edited by Danimarie; 12-23-2013 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,792,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimarie View Post
Yey for more P. Terry's! Guess I haven't looked into it for a while. We don't eat out too often. We mostly make it a special occasion thing.

Are they the drive through kind or the eat in/drive through kind? The big one must be eat in, but what about the other?
I just drove by the P Terry's that they're building on 183. It has a huge sign, but definitely looks like Drive Thru only. (no room for parking).

As others mentioned upthread, it's on the inbound feeder south of Oak Knoll (just south of Academy & just before you get to the Catfish Parlour on the curve). It's wedged in on a very small lot, can't imagine any walk in business. The building went up in a hurry, I bet it's open by New Year's.

Last edited by hound 109; 12-23-2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 11:32 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,792,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Ok, I went to In-N-Out with my wife yesterday while shopping at the Outlet Mall up in Round Rock.
I order a cheeseburger, animal style with fries and drink. My wife ordered a cheeseburger with onion, fries, and a drink.

The burger is very very good, but very oily. The bun is buttered similar to Whataburger's "Texas Toast" although it is a standard bun. I wouldn't get take out there because the burger would be mushy by the time you get home. I liked the sauce, it was good. I also like that they have banana peppers that you can have.

The french fries were disgusting. They tasted like cardboard, no flavor whatsoever.

Overall, the burger was better than P. Terry's but the fries were far worse than P. Terry's. Prices were similar, but the atmosphere in P. Terry's is better, not as crowded and less "fast food" looking.

I really don't think I'll be back anytime soon to In-N-Out. But I'm glad to have gone, to see if the place was overhyped (and it was). To me fries are as important as the burger, and nothing beats the crispy, stringy fries of P. Terry's.

It is an improvement to Burger King and McDonald's, which I believe were the only fast food burger joints in that area before, besides Steak and Shake. But I'd pick P. Terry's anyday over In-N-Out. Sorry, Californians...
Aside from me not being a fan of the thousand island dressing sauce (personal preference), my take is almost identical to your's, C Bach.

(I probably shouldn't admit it, but I also like the BK Double Cheeseburgers, especially for the buck fifty price.....small, but fat & meaty, flame broiled juicy/grease bombs. Probably too many Dirty's OT specials in my past. )

Old 12-23-2013, 02:04 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,919,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Aside from me not being a fan of the thousand island dressing sauce (personal preference), my take is almost identical to your's, C Bach.

(I probably shouldn't admit it, but I also like the BK Double Cheeseburgers, especially for the buck fifty price.....small, but fat & meaty, flame broiled juicy/grease bombs. Probably too many Dirty's OT specials in my past. )
I think when In-N-Out hit the DFW area, there was no competition up there and they were able to overtake the market. Down here in Austin, In-N-Out will struggle to beat the established Austin chains like P. Terry's and Mighty Fine. I don't expect more than the 3 franchises they already have on the map.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:06 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,919,865 times
If I return to In-N-Out I'll be ordering the burger only, and I'll be returning in warmer weather when I can sit outside at the patio so I won't be crammed into the restaurant like sardines...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin