Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 06:26 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,334,408 times

Advertisements

Not quite, think one-eyed fat man but can’t ride a horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 06:31 AM

2014>>>>>2023
(Rainey Street towers not included)
Attached Thumbnails
Official Austin Chat Thread-bb324a6f-a04a-44e2-834c-cb824c337b27.png  

Old 03-08-2024, 07:25 AM

11,785 posts, read 7,999,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Not quite, think one-eyed fat man but can’t ride a horse.
Nothing that can't be polished up by some Hollywood magic

Quote:
2014>>>>>2023
(Rainey Street towers not included)
Yeah, Downtown has really transformed over the last few years.. ..seems like alot of stuff silently went up during the Pandemic as well. My sister is more in line with ashbeeigh in terms of being an urbanist that must live central. I've been trying to get her to come and see Austin but she still thinks of Austin being Austin from the 80's when we last lived in Texas and won't give it any consideration, choosing to stay in Midtown/Buckhead area of Atlanta which has really degraded in terms of crime and safety.

Old 03-17-2024, 07:57 PM

Hey N4C, anyone you know?

(From KXAN News)

LORENA, Texas (FOX 44) – A woman traveling on Interstate 35 at speeds of 134 MPH has been arrested by Lorena Police.

Chief Scott Holt says an officer was working traffic enforcement on I-35 at approximately 11:40 a.m. Wednesday. The officer saw a Camaro SS traveling erratically and at a high rate of speed. The speed was confirmed as 134 MPH in a 75 MPH zone.

The officer was able to overtake the vehicle. A 49-year-old Bell County resident was arrested and transported to the McLennan County Jail. She was charged with Reckless Driving.

Old 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Hey N4C, anyone you know?

(From KXAN News)

LORENA, Texas (FOX 44) – A woman traveling on Interstate 35 at speeds of 134 MPH has been arrested by Lorena Police.

Chief Scott Holt says an officer was working traffic enforcement on I-35 at approximately 11:40 a.m. Wednesday. The officer saw a Camaro SS traveling erratically and at a high rate of speed. The speed was confirmed as 134 MPH in a 75 MPH zone.

The officer was able to overtake the vehicle. A 49-year-old Bell County resident was arrested and transported to the McLennan County Jail. She was charged with Reckless Driving.
Heh, no but admittedly I have wondered at what speed you have to go before local authorities decide to arrest.

I did just make a trip back from Atlanta yesterday in one of my lower time records of about 12 hours (usually takes between 14 - 16). I heavily nerfed how often I stopped, waited to the fuel gauge was around 1/8th a tank. My dad who has prostate cancer normally has to stop like every 2 hours to use the bathroom. Well that didn't happen this go round. My stops were Atlanta, Louisiana about 10 miles into the state, and Hillsboro Texas (where I-35E and W meet south of DFW). In Alabama (hardly ever patrolled except around Birmingham) I was doing 85 with the 'flow of traffic' ... told myself I would stay out of the 90's which was difficult but I managed.

In Lousiana when I got near Shreveport it started raining pretty hard, I went around most cars who were doing 60 - 70 and maintained 80 through the rain. The most troublesome was when we got back into Texas, the amount of cars and people returning from spring break doing 50 - 70 in the left lane without completing their pass was assenine, Noone would move over to the right, so admittedly I did pass on the right quite a few times. That storm held out till somewhere between Longview and Tyler.

After that I was blessed to find a large group of cars traveling between 80 and 85, I joined the pack and maintained that all the way to Austin.

When I got back, I had enough stamina to go further. Probably could have made it to El-Paso or maybe even Albuquerque if I were going to LA.

Admittedly 90 MPH only feels like 55 - 60 MPH in that car. Even doing 80 feels like I'm barely moving. I try to stay below the 100's though, or if I touch it I usually only maintain it to make a quick manuever then drop back down to something slightly more sane.

I wish we could have roads that didn't go through major cities and required a special license or permit to drive on that had no speed limits. Designed to remain in rural settings and did not carry alot of traffic.

I ordered my supercharger and tubular K-Member, Tubular A-Arms, but my shop who was rebuilding my Z28 lost a mechanic so Im going to have to wait before I have it all installed. Because of that, Im going to pick up my Z28 after about a year of not having it next week.

As a side note I got laid off at another one of my jobs while I was in ATL so Im slowly chipping away I suppose. Im in the market looking again.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 03-17-2024 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM

221 posts, read 204,059 times
N4C, as an old street drag racer (yes young & dumb) back in the 60s I enjoy your posts with ScoPro about your Camaro. I had a new built 65 mustang fastback that was quick for the day. Had 4.88 rear gears. Did put 3.0 gears in once to see how fast it was. In a flying mile timed at 134MPH, but it was scary, so l stuck to 1/4 mile work.

Have a 2018 Mustang GTa10 and can relate to how easy modern cars can cruise at triple digits. I often travel between Austin and Chicago and am amazed at getting 26mpg in a 460HP car at 80mph.

Your supercharged Camaro will be a beast!

Good luck with your employment search. Bet will not have much trouble finding something.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Texan View Post
N4C, as an old street drag racer (yes young & dumb) back in the 60s I enjoy your posts with ScoPro about your Camaro. I had a new built 65 mustang fastback that was quick for the day. Had 4.88 rear gears. Did put 3.0 gears in once to see how fast it was. In a flying mile timed at 134MPH, but it was scary, so l stuck to 1/4 mile work.

Have a 2018 Mustang GTa10 and can relate to how easy modern cars can cruise at triple digits. I often travel between Austin and Chicago and am amazed at getting 26mpg in a 460HP car at 80mph.

Your supercharged Camaro will be a beast!

Good luck with your employment search. Bet will not have much trouble finding something.
Aiming for 700 horses on E85. I'm going to have to change out the ECM to handle E85 because these cars dont natively support it. I was thinking of going with Holley but I have had mixed reviews on their electronics. May just go with a factory P59 ECM from a 05 - 06 Van.

Few photos of more progress. The hood is on but needs modifications. May even modify it so it has a RAM AIR scoop.

Old 03-19-2024, 12:12 PM

Nice Camaro, is it a LT1 or LT4? E85 will help reduce intake air temps more than hood scope. Some hood scopes reduce aero more than cooling trade-off. Who will tune your setup?

Keep us posted.

Old 03-19-2024, 02:00 PM

It was originally an LS1 but I converted it to an LS3 with a BTR stage 2 cam a few years ago. Currently it makes right at 500 horses at the flywheel. For E85, the native PCM doesn't support it because E85 wasn't big for passenger cars when it was made so its missing all the flex fuel tables. Converting it to a P59 PCM keeps all GM gauge and engine functionality while adding the flex fuel tables because they came out of 04 - 05 GM vans that ran flex fuel out the factory.

Im going to have Aikman performance in Cedar Park pull the motor, install the tubular K-member / tubular A-Arms, and install the supercharger. While the motor is out, Im having it towed to my body shop to have them repaint the engine bay.

The new toys have arrived.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:24 PM

A supercharged LS engine can make a lot of rear wheel power without having to go crazy with boost. Are you planning to do any circuit track days?
With a little suspension work, tires, good brake pads, Camaros can make good track day cars. Circuit of the Americas is right in your area. I think they still have track days where you can drive your car. Harris Hill Race track is a 1.8 mile track near San Marcos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin