Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 03:51 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
There's a stuffed buffalo/bison at the museum here and it's huge! The head alone is so big, would be sort of intimidating to see irl haha. I hope they aren't aggressive.

I know what you mean, it's like if a woman wants to be like that she's criticised for being too submissive, not being independent or caring about her own happiness, but I think love is sort of sacrificing yourself to some degree, both parties. I think women in Australia, US, Canada, UK are less like that on average than those in Mexico. Would you say the girls there are still quite traditional/conservative?

Yes, I imagine...I've heard this about Latino culture. It's not how I am at all, either. I might be considered a bit wussy over there haha. Maybe the Latin girls like a strong man who 'takes charge', I guess, because that's what they're used to?

AAAh man, the people at the park say that it's best for tourists to be like at least 100 meters away from a buffalo. They are big and they are bulky and heavy but they can run at like 40 mph and keep it up for a while. Note, the fastest man ever, or the fastest man alive runs maybe a little bit faster.

Exactly, this is what I mean. I don't a girl to be with me and not be happy, I think it's also nice she would have an opinion of her own. I don't even think that having "in common" things is necessary as long as our basic goals and likes are there. If I wanted someone like me, I would be at my house and talk to myself in the mirror. Yes I would sacrifice myself for her happiness and she would do the same. Well yeah Latino culture is like that, but I don't think the south american countries matches Mexico on the macho thing. I've talked to some people from Bogotá and a few other cities, and say we have a reputation for being like that.

Yeah I would say in general, Latin girls like a strong man. Maybe not always physically, but mentally. You have to think of yourself as a tiger! Because if you're like a kitty, goodbye! This is true in much of Mexico still. In my culture, it's considered rude not to do things like hold the door open for a woman or a few other things. In places like Australia, Canada, Sweden, I hear that they would consider it sexist or something.

I think that Mexico City as well as maybe the capital cities of other latin american countries are already REALLY really liberal. To put this into perspective, Mexico City to Mexico would be like Istanbul to the rest of Turkey, or the Northeast US to some small farm town. Even some of the mid sized towns and big towns that were known to be really traditional and conservative like Guadalajara, Leon or Guanajuato are kind more leaning liberal/progressive/left. In most big cities and mid sized cities, the women are just like in the USA, Canada, Australia, Western Europe. Yeah I feel like that's changing rather quickly.

Last edited by joseanto071; 01-31-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 PM

But wait, isn't it the same in Asia? Because I heard that Asian women are more feminine than others such as Aussie women. Also isn't it that countries like Japan, S. Korea, Southeast Asia, China (I think maybe China) are male dominated. The man is waaay high and the women have a much lower place.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM

598 posts, read 955,893 times
Are Australian women beautiful?, I don't know you tell me.

Fast Forward: New Faces - Michelle & Ferret - YouTube

Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
AAAh man, the people at the park say that it's best for tourists to be like at least 100 meters away from a buffalo. They are big and they are bulky and heavy but they can run at like 40 mph and keep it up for a while. Note, the fastest man ever, or the fastest man alive runs maybe a little bit faster.

Exactly, this is what I mean. I don't a girl to be with me and not be happy, I think it's also nice she would have an opinion of her own. I don't even think that having "in common" things is necessary as long as our basic goals and likes are there. If I wanted someone like me, I would be at my house and talk to myself in the mirror. Yes I would sacrifice myself for her happiness and she would do the same. Well yeah Latino culture is like that, but I don't think the south american countries matches Mexico on the macho thing. I've talked to some people from Bogotá and a few other cities, and say we have a reputation for being like that.

Yeah I would say in general, Latin girls like a strong man. Maybe not always physically, but mentally. You have to think of yourself as a tiger! Because if you're like a kitty, goodbye! This is true in much of Mexico still. In my culture, it's considered rude not to do things like hold the door open for a woman or a few other things. In places like Australia, Canada, Sweden, I hear that they would consider it sexist or something.

I think that Mexico City as well as maybe the capital cities of other latin american countries are already REALLY really liberal. To put this into perspective, Mexico City to Mexico would be like Istanbul to the rest of Turkey, or the Northeast US to some small farm town. Even some of the mid sized towns and big towns that were known to be really traditional and conservative like Guadalajara, Leon or Guanajuato are kind more leaning liberal/progressive/left. In most big cities and mid sized cities, the women are just like in the USA, Canada, Australia, Western Europe. Yeah I feel like that's changing rather quickly.
Of course, you want someone who brings something new, exciting, that makes you happy, takes you out of your comfort zone but compliments you and also has some similarities and similar basic values/goals in life.

Interesting. Yes, it's not unusual to hold the door open for a woman JUST because she's a woman. I'm not really a fan of that, I mean women are capable of opening doors or carrying their own shopping themselves.

Interesting...yes I know some states in Mexico have legalised gay marriage, as well as Argentina. Latin America seems surprisingly liberal despite Catholicism seeming to be strong. Is it as strong as it seems or not as much? Maybe as religious as the US?

Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
But wait, isn't it the same in Asia? Because I heard that Asian women are more feminine than others such as Aussie women. Also isn't it that countries like Japan, S. Korea, Southeast Asia, China (I think maybe China) are male dominated. The man is waaay high and the women have a much lower place.
Hmmm, it depends on the country, but yes traditionally women were seen as more subservient, and many families preferred a male child to carry on the name and because once a woman married she joined another family. Attitudes are changing, although things like female infanticide continue especially among poor rural folk. In fact Chinese culture can be quite matriarchal, with strong female role-models and women playing a big role. For instance, there are more female engineers in China vs the West. Well actually a lot of Chinese women seem sort of strong, coarse, business-like and not very 'feminine'. The whole demure Asian stereotype is often not the reality. Of course it depends on the woman like anywhere.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Yeah also, yeah I want a woman who is a little feminine but doesn't need to be too much.

I think that Mexico City is really really liberal because yeah they were the first place to legalize gay marriages, I think that even may be legal in all of Mexico. The attitude about the death penalty and owning guns is the same as in Canada. There I think it's only ok if it's for hunting purposes. I think that this is maybe the reason why Mexico has become so violent too and even some people get away with murder and stuff. It should be more like Malaysia or Singapore or Texas in those things. Also the abortion is not seen so bad by a lot of people there in much of the city. (I personally think it's bad but I don't want to talk about that because it'll make a WHOLE nother argument here. You may disagree and if you do let's leave it at that) There are buses that are Eco-friendly or sustainable or whatever you call it, also bicycles that you can rent for going one place to another, the bicycles are called Eco-bici. In other cities such as Guadalajara it's gotten that too. There have been Tons of initiatives on making Mexico City clean and green since it has had the reputation of being the most dirtiest and contaminated in the world. I like that, and yeah it's gotten nicer and greener. There's tons of trees and plants too. Also, there may be other things but that's pretty much it to my knowledge. I tell you it's very different from the rest of the country.
It's spreading towards other cities even like Guadalajara or Guanajuato which were like the equivalent of Texan or Southern cities in the USA but have gotten more relaxed about marriage, sex before marriage, abortion, death penalty, etc. Yeah I feel like much of that culture is spreading.

As for the Chinese, yeah I did hear that Chinese women are more equal than in just about every western country including Canada, Australia, or Northern European. I have noticed that here in the USA, more women would be in the soft sciences like history, education, sociology, also nursing. Chinese and other women I saw to after like engineering, physics, mathematics. Also, they hold just about every job that men have, even old ladies shoveling coal or something. Haha I bet Aussie women would hate that. They probably want equality but not doing manual labor.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Ok we should private message each other, or start a new thread because it's relating less to Australian women.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:42 AM

5 posts, read 8,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Heres some of the places I've been and how physically attractive I've found the women on the whole :

10 being great, 1 being poor......

Melbourne......6
Brisbane........6
Sydney.......5.5
Gold Coast.....7
Cairns......5.5
Townsville.....5
Adelaide.....6
Canberra.....4.5
Gold Coast definitely has the hottest women!!!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiamoscow View Post
Gold Coast definitely has the hottest women!!!
Yeah they tend to be fitter/healthier there than most other places in Australia

Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 PM

Anywhere with a lot of tourists has the hottest women haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand