Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
My father used to get pulled over and had his truck searched several times a week. He asked one cop why he was being searched so often, the cop tapped his NRA sticker with his baton. That was in So CA.
I know a lot of people in SoCal who have them on their cars. None are stopped because of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I never understood why a person would deface their vehicle with a bumper sticker.
Could care less about "defacing" the bumper of my beater..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I think bumper stickers as simply awful. Considering how many hours it takes to wax and detail my cars and how anal I get every time I spot a new scratch why the hell would I want to cover it up with an ugly rectangle. That said, if someone else wants to ruin their vehicles appearance I say go for it. I wouldn't even put a parking permit anywhere on the paint.
I'm covering all the dents and scratches on my bumper with stickers.. getting sick of the old ones so gonna spice things up with new bumper stickers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Why on earth would you be worried about centipedes? Is there some hidden message I'm missing?

Looks gross and menacing to would-be tailgaters.. combine that with a gun and/or a grim reaper to scare them away. Might not work but who knows unless I try.

http://www.globaldailystar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gun-Safe.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
You think stickers will get tail gaters off yer back bumper? Good Luck with that.... Tail gaters are not all that observant. They are thinking about anything other than driving. LOL

What gun is that? Looks like a EEA Witness to me.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Personally I've never quite understood the bumper sticker either, then again it's a very American phenomenon.

That said, I thought the whole point of them was for them to be offensive/rude or obnoxious, that's the only reason I can think of to put something on my car.

If I ever get a bumper sticker it will have white lettering on black background and simply say: "SMEGMA".

...Actually, if I did one soon, I'd have "Santorum" for the ultimate current event spoof.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Pretty much the only one I ever had on a bumper was a motorcycle awareness sticker.

LOOK! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:22 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Depends on where you live. Some areas have banned profanity or those tacky 'bulls balls' that people hang on the back of their vehicle. But even in those areas you'll find not every LEO will give a rat's back side about it. There are more important crimes going on than someone putting a bumper sticker with foul language on the back of their vehicle.

I'd really like to know how the places that have banned things like that got away with it. What ever happened to freedom of speech? Don't get me wrong - I think some of the things I've seen a very tacky and scream trailer trash, but if someone wants to present that image it's up to them, not me.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:46 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

I'd really like to know how the places that have banned things like that got away with it. What ever happened to freedom of speech? Don't get me wrong - I think some of the things I've seen a very tacky and scream trailer trash, but if someone wants to present that image it's up to them, not me.
AMEN! The great thing about tacky bumper stickers and "bull balls" is that you don't have to waste a lot of time getting to know the vhicle's owner. The bumper stickers tell you a lot of what you need to know very quickly!

Last edited by Crew Chief; 05-16-2011 at 08:09 AM..

Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I remember driving with my dad when I was a teen and he pulled up behind this car with a bumpersticker and he was pretty offended by this :

" I got screwed at ABC Nut and Bolt Comp. "

Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I never understood why a person would deface their vehicle with a bumper sticker.

I totally agree. I even remove dealership stickers or emblems if I can without damaging my vehicle. If a dealership wants me to advertise their business, they should be willing to pay for it.

As far as other sorts of bumper stickers, they are like tattoos that serve more to mutilate the carrier than pass any message.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
AMEN! The great thing about tacky bumper stickers and "bull balls" is that you don't have to waste a lot of time getting to know the vhicle's owner. The bumper stickers tell you a lot of what you need to know very quickly!
So absolutely true.

Last edited by Crew Chief; 05-16-2011 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive