Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
You're not a car guy and certainly not a hot rodder, Just admit that you're too stupid to get it and move on with your intolerant life. Must feel real good to have your nose that high in the air, though, eh?

In fact, I'm going to go make my Mustang louder and faster just to **** off intolerant asses like you.
Now, now, play nice.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
You're not a car guy and certainly not a hot rodder, Just admit that you're too stupid to get it and move on with your intolerant life.
So now a different preference is what makes someone "stupid"? At least I had more reason than that to criticize your interests. But I suppose you think you have a monopoly on which preference is smarter than the other? If so, I challenge you to elaborate on what makes mine any more "stupid" than yours

Quote:
Must feel real good to have your nose that high in the air, though, eh?
Feels good to be right and know it, if that's what you're asking. And if you think I'm not, perhaps you should try attacking my argument rather than me personally (The latter being a violation of the TOS and all...)

Quote:
In fact, I'm going to go make my Mustang louder and faster just to **** off intolerant asses like you.
This statement only proves me right. Your "preference" is really all about inconsideration and apathy.

Like I'm supposed to just tolerate the excessive noise, or it says something bad about me. Please!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
So now a different preference is what makes someone "stupid"? At least I had more reason than that to criticize your interests. But I suppose you think you have a monopoly on which preference is smarter than the other? If so, I challenge you to elaborate on what makes mine any more "stupid" than yours

Feels good to be right and know it, if that's what you're asking. And if you think I'm not, perhaps you should try attacking my argument rather than me personally (The latter being a violation of the TOS and all...)

This statement only proves me right. Your "preference" is really all about inconsideration and apathy.

Like I'm supposed to just tolerate the excessive noise, or it says something bad about me. Please!
Speaking of TOS, can someone please explain to me (in another thread, as doing it here would be a TOS violation, of course), why I can't rep. the same awesome person twice? Grr. I suppose it's neither here nor there. My hat (if I had one) is off to you, Vic 2.0, even though C-D won't let me show you more love for another several posts. Well said.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Doesn't matter. Either a decibel level is high enough to annoy you or it isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
I thought that poster was bringing psychological factors into the dicussion (as in, I can stand noise more if I approve of what causes it). Understandable but not particularly helpful in determining what is "too noisy". I had a job once where I worked in a bullpen and there was consistent chattering throughout the day. I found myself far more annoyed when it was non-work-related chatter (about half the time). But a counselor gave me some advice - noise is noise. It's either loud enough to interfere with your concentration or is isn't. If the former, it's a problem, if the latter it isn't.
Not exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
True but two different sounds at the same decibel level can cause varying levels of discomfort depending on frequency.
This^^^.

It's not just simple volume. As an appropriate example, the Flowmaster on my F150 had a terrible drone, but it wasn't that loud. When I switched to a Magnaflow, the drone was gone but the overall volume stayed the same. Higher frequencies are perceived as being louder than lower frequencies, but in fact the opposite is true.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Do you consider this loud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJmovGZZjk

my muscle car...

Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
This thread definitely had an impact on me. I can't wait now to get my new exhaust.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
Speaking of TOS, can someone please explain to me (in another thread, as doing it here would be a TOS violation, of course), why I can't rep. the same awesome person twice? Grr. I suppose it's neither here nor there. My hat (if I had one) is off to you, Vic 2.0, even though C-D won't let me show you more love for another several posts. Well said.
Not sure. Prolly ask a mod. But a good old-fashioned "Hat's off to ya" works just fine for me!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,273,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No, it's not.

Muscle cars by definition are midsize cars with high-displacement engines. That's a Nova (compact) with a 350 (small block).

Still a cool car, though.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
No, it's not.

Muscle cars by definition are midsize cars with high-displacement engines. That's a Nova (compact) with a 350 (small block).

Still a cool car, though.
Who decided on that definition? There is a wide range of what can be considered to be a muscle car. "High displacement" is a relative term. When muscle cars first began, most cars had 6 cylinders or much smaller V8s. A 350 was fairly big back in the day. And it's not specifically about size; it's about output.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:05 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Do you consider this loud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJmovGZZjk

my muscle car...

Yes, if it after market (and I am pretty sure it is), it is to loud.
Fine for the race track, but not for the street.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive