Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 PM

16,399 posts, read 30,321,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We went to the dealer. We asked himabout the 13,680 fiesta we built on line and he said that is not possible. Best they can do si 14,900 for a Fiesta S. They did nto have one. He suggested several SEs, then suggested we look at Focus instead. A Focus S ischeaper than a Fiesta SE and comes with almost the same options (excpet she cannot get the blue paint she wants grey white or black are the only options). After driving the Fiesta, I think she should get a Focus. Or maybe A Chevy. Even The Focus S is pretty expensive. The X plan is nothing - about $250 off. Whoo hoo!

We are going to go look at Chevy Sonic. We can get the employee discount through my dad. At least the GM discount used to be meaningful. Maybe that will help.

When we got home we also looked at Dart online - way too expensive.

If you are looking for a low priced vehicle, thet are selling 2012 Nissan Sentras for $13,500 and 2012 Toyota Corollas for $14,800 in Chicagoland. As I am in the market, the local salespeopel call me every 2-3 weeks or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,898,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Yeah, it looks like you can get a nicely equipped Sonic for less than an equally equipped Focus... and yes, the Dart is very $$$$$ to be Dodges smallest car... even the base model is over $15K and the price can easily reach $25K or so with all of the bells and whistles.
She wants a completely unequipped car. Auto transmission, AC and windows are pretty much what she wants. Anyhting else she does not want to pay for and cannot afford.

THey used to have fist time buyer incentives, good student discounts, all kinds of little things to knock price down a bit. First time buyrer was a good idea if you are selling good cars. It establishes brand loyalty.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,370,649 times
Well, I dunno what the OP was surprised about. It's common sense that most people don't want the bells and whistles. Hence the first options that drive off the lot for a given model year are typically base models.

And why complain about a cheaper model that's a year newer? That means one year less that it's been sitting on the lot, collecting rain spots from acid rain, being pooped on by birds, gathering tree pollen, or being driven hard by ZOMG SPEED RACERZZZAZZ!!!! people test driving them.

Anywho, I suggest checking various websites that advertise doing the hard work for you. I used one that got me dealer invoice on a 2012 SEL Fusion with a 3L AWD transmission, moon and tune package, with free Sirius for six months and three years free SYNC.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,912,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Well, I dunno what the OP was surprised about. It's common sense that most people don't want the bells and whistles. Hence the first options that drive off the lot for a given model year are typically base models.
C.
Not around here in SE MI. First-year models are very hard to find not very loaded. I haven't yet seen a Dart SE and the only Fiesta S sedans I've seen have been fleet owned.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:30 AM

114 posts, read 360,148 times
Inventories aren't nearly as bloated as they used to be, so the end of year deals might also not be as good as they used to be.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,898,255 times
We have not been able to find a Fiesta S, 2012 or 2013. They simply say they do not have one. Haven't made it in to the chevy dealer yet. I am nto sure Sonic is as good a car as Fiesta or Focus. WE still need to do some internet research.

The prices they give you on the internet are meaningless. When we told the ford salesman the internet priced a Fiesta at $13,650, he just laughed.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,425,765 times
You might try calling Galpin Ford in LA, as I seem to recall that they are the largest volume Ford dealer in the country, if not the world. I have seen a couple of rental clearance Fiesta S models, priced around what your research showed for new, with 30k+ miles on them. Perhaps there would be some negotiating room, but probably not too far under $12k as that segment is popular with higher gas prices.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,912,051 times
Found a few, Coldjensens.

2013 Ford Fiesta S Sedan - 3FADP4AJ0DM123009

Toledo, OH New 2013 Ford Fiesta Brondes Ford Toledo Vehicle Search Detroit, MI Ann Arbor, MI

Friendly in Monroe supposedly has incoming units, too.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
I was floored when I saw the Chevy Sonic LS had manual door locks and roll down windows. Actually, a bare bones cra like that wouldn't be a negative to me, I don't need a lot of techno gandgets in the stereo, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. But power door locks are extremely convenient.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,781,379 times
If you have X-plan, why not special order it? You'll get exactly what you want, all you have to do is wait 5 or 6 weeks.

We ordered our 2013 Edge, and we didn't have to pay for options we didn't want. Unless we're buying used, we'll probably always order new cars, especially with X-plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive