Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM

30,707 posts, read 80,066,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Thanks. I guess $13,650 is just a pipe dream. At $15000 she may as well get a Focus S. It comes better equipt and I think it is a better car (yes?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,477,559 times
For $15k, I would get a Focus over a Fiesta. Just be sure that she gets used to the dual clutch transmission as some may think that there is something wrong with it. The Focus hatch is a competitive offering if she were looking at the hatchbacks. I remember that you were considering a wagon a while back, hence the hatch assumption on my part.

Interestingly, I see many more current generation Focus hatches as opposed to the sedans. And, the Foci outnumber the Fiesta by a large margin. At that price point, the Focus makes a more compelling value argument.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,293,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
For $15k, I would get a Focus over a Fiesta.
I agree... Fiesta is nice, but the Focus is a more substantial car.

Here is a pic of the 2012 Focus S that I mentioned was/is at our local dealer. I took these pics on Sunday.

I thought this one had crank windows and automatic transmission, but it actually has power windows and manual transmission. You could probably get one with crank windows and automatic for the same price. They have this one priced at $15,400.

The $199 per month though is a lease I think, but the price in the window is the sale price.

I dont want to go off-topic, but while I am posting these pics and I have it here... myself, I am wanting the all-new Fusion and they had only one on the lot this past Sunday... a beautiful SE model, but I didnt like the $27,000 window sticker price. lol.

Good luck with your search!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM

30,707 posts, read 80,066,116 times
I though all Foci come with electic door locks and windows.

THat is pretty much what she wants a bare bones focus S with auto transmission. She woudl prefer hatchback but does not much care. If she could get a blue one she would, but apparently blue is only available on the SE and it is a $400 option. She is going to have to see if Grandpa will cosign the loan. I cannot we are trying to refinance the house. I wish she would get going and buy it already.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2012, 10:13 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,293,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I though all Foci come with electic door locks and windows.

THat is pretty much what she wants a bare bones focus S with auto transmission. She woudl prefer hatchback but does not much care. If she could get a blue one she would, but apparently blue is only available on the SE and it is a $400 option. She is going to have to see if Grandpa will cosign the loan. I cannot we are trying to refinance the house. I wish she would get going and buy it already.

Thanks
You know now that you mentioned it, I think that front door power windows were standard even on the base "S" model, but the rear windows are manual roll up windows as standard on the base models. I remember this being odd, but I bet this car had crank rear windows. I will look again Sunday if its still there.

Yeah, I remember Ford being "bad" about not offering all available colors on different trim lines. I have been in the market for a new F150 (when my dads retirement comes in, lol) and I wanted a Lariat trim, but I wanted the blue flame, but its not available on the Lariat trim model. They seem to be offering more colors now though on most of their models than ever before.

Does she have her heart set on the Focus or Fiesta? Has she looked in to the Hyundai Accent or Hyundai Elantra? I know that the Accent seems like a nice car, nicely styled and well priced. I did a build you own of the '13 Accent 5dr hatchback and selected automatic as the only option and it stickers around $16,770, with the 4dr sedan a little lower... you can also get it in a nice dark blue. Going up a notch to the Elantra, you can get the base model for $18,470 (sticker price).

Good luck with the purchase... hope it all works out and she gets exactly what she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive