Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
My pick out of the 3 Lambada vehicles (Traverse, Enclave an Acadia all of them have 7 or 8 passenger seating.
) I choose the Acadia. Why? I like the exterior of the Acadia, but that just my opinion.
I think the Traverse is the best looking, at least the LTZ version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I think the Traverse is the best looking, at least the LTZ version.
You've just lost all credibility!

But seriously, I have a 2011 Explorer V6 and while it is a nice vehicle with great features and I do like it alot, I'm thinking of getting rid of it for the Mazda CX9 or Highlander (I'm not a fan of the pilot styling). Basically, I just don't trust the quality long term. Get inside a Mazda or the new pathfinder and it shows. GM is worse.

If it was up to me I'd get the CX9, great quality, great handling, best all round value in terms of features v price.

Pathfinder would be second as I LOVE the center console nav/stereo controls, same as my Maxima, lifted from the Infiniti, but its a new model so the deals aren't there yet and I'd rather wait for the kinks to be worked out. Boring styling but the interior and consol makes up for it.

Highlander seems to offer the best all round package after the CX9 although the interior looks a bit dated. I haven't driven it but I suspect the CX9 drive better, mazdas pretty good at that part of the equation.

I don't need AWD so I can't comment on that.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The title says just about everything. My old Ford Explorer was totaled one month ago in a crash. Which of the SUV's above would you buy and can you supply reasons for your position. I'm trying to decide and I'm pretty torn up. I don't want to spend above 35K. Please don't respond with just a vehicle name. I want to know WHY you feel the way you do.

I'm interested getting three rows of seating, back up camera, 4 wheel drive (all wheel drive might be acceptable).

I'm perfectly happy with cloth as opposed to leather seats and I skip most other options.
I had this same debate about 6 months ago. My Explorer was 10 years old, I have a baby I wanted to tote around, and I wanted an SUV that functions not only as a people transport, but that can get me around in inclement weather (you know, be a real SUV).

I test drove a lot of cars and did a lot of research and came up with the Toyota 4 Runner. It is the closest in size to the old Explorer. It has real off-road capability (and yes, I might actually have to use that from time to time).

I really didn't have a price limit on what I wanted to spend, so I checked out everything from Range Rover to Escalade to Jeeps, etc.

I thought the 4 Runner really fit the bill. I got an SR5 with leather, back-up sensors, 4 wheel drive...basically all the bells and whistles besides navigation for $34k. I think that was a very good value. And frankly, it's the best looking of all the choices.

I loved my old Explorer, but this new Explorer is just a dressed up car. What a travesty.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
From the list posted, Honda Pilot because of reliability and functionality for the price.
Friends love theirs and they came from Hyundai.
If you can spare a bit more, or consider second hand, go for MDX (we had one) and you got the best midsize SUV for the money.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 PM

156 posts, read 283,972 times
We were in the same boat, drove a minivan, could fit the world in it, kids got a bit older, didn't need to bring the world anymore, plus neither one of us liked driving it. We work downtown so parking garages in big cars are a pain but we need the third row for once and while carpool and visiting family members.

We ended buying a Highlander, the third row is comfortable for an adult and accessible, but folded down you have good storage, the middle row has captain chair setup, so the kids aren't right on top of each other, and you can add or remove the bench seat so you could run a longer object through that space if need be. Drives like a car, with really good visibility, had almost all of the features we wanted and you can def get one below 35K especially if you don't wanted the top end model. Plus it's sleek, so no embarrassment in the valet line.......

Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times
I'd get the Traverse or the GMC Acadia.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,028 times
The Highlander is essentially like the Lexus RX350

Extremly smooth and comfortable. And has a powerful and extremely smooth, refined and unruffled motor.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM

34 posts, read 66,337 times
We own a 2010 Pathfinder SE, 4WD, V-6, 3-row seats, cloth interior, backup camera. It has been the perfect vehicle for us. In the summer we pull a 6000lb boat, loaded with 7 people, usually 4 adults, 3 kids. We go to Colorado every summer and have it fully packed with camping gear, and the rooftop carrier loaded. We also take many off-road trails, 4WD required (Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, etc). It is the real deal SUV, ie full frame chassis and rear wheel drive while in 2WD. It cleans up well- wife uses it as a daily driver, to work and hauling kids.

We bought it brand new, pd. around 31K. It was a toss up between it and the 4Runner. For the 2010 model, in order to get the 3rd row in the 4Runner, you had to get the navigation + option (adding about $2K), which I did not want. And the 2nd row legroom is a little larger in the Pathy.

I highly recommend it (up to year 2012, but not the 2013 which has now been degraded to a crossover) over the others with the exception of the 4Runner in this price range. It has suited us well with NO problems and we have given it many 'workouts'!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
We have had the Pilot for a few years. Super reliable. Can seat 8 people if needed. Bought it used with 68k on it and it now has 148k. Just the usual maintenance. The other one I would check out is the Highlander as I have always had good luck with Toyota as well...

Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 AM

227 posts, read 1,104,705 times
anything but the chevy those cars suck probably!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive