Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 10:47 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times

Advertisements

During WW2 we went over to a country that idolized the right wing ideal of Nazism feeling they were a superior race and we used the Willys Jeep to kick their azz. These people who felt superior had these little VW's that were always getting stuck, and were otherwise unreliable.

Fast forward to today, and these companies have gotten smart. They come over here with great promises of cheap cars that really turn out to cost more once you have to repair them. They build plants in poor states with high poverty rates, and then pay low wages. Heck, some of these stupid states have paid American tax payer money to these companies to bring these second rate cars, and low paying jobs to our country. What's worse is the people that think this is a good thing.

Some offer economy with gas sipping little boxes with a very good chance of injury in an accident. Other offer a so called perception of higher quality that really means once it's 10 years old it costs a fortune to repair. These owners are like the Nazism ideal and they feel they are better than others, but most know the real truth.

Foreign Cars Suck - YouTube

Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Why do foreign cars suck? They don't. Why do some people think foreign cars suck? Maybe its because they do.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:57 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Why do you make the same posts every day? Why do we even bother to respond to you? Why havnt more people put you on ignore yet?

Old 05-17-2014, 11:06 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
These people who felt superior had these little VW's that were always getting stuck, and were otherwise unreliable.
VW's unreliable? My mom had a 1963 VW bug, may aunt had a micro bus and I can't remember two cars that were more reliable. Air cooled, simple 4 cylinder design, a 5 year old could rebuild one.

Quote:
Fast forward to today, and these companies have gotten smart.
I suggest that we go back first, European automakers were making superb cars well before WW2. Bugatti, Citoren, Renault, Peugeot, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Opel, Ferrari, Fiat, Maserati, Bentley, Rolls, and Volvo just to name a few were making everything from inexpensive to the most luxurious cars long before the rise of Nazi Germany.

Quote:
They come over here with great promises of cheap cars that really turn out to cost more once you have to repair them.
I think that you have your continents confused. Asia is on the other side. The European automakers who have built plants in the U.S. aren't in the economy market. Even VW, is into marketing high end small sub-compacts.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:30 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
My 1962 Morris Minor (British) was one of the best cars that I ever owned. Seated four and got 52 mpg. This was in 1979. I wish that I could have kept it.
See the photo in "I hate British cars", post #27.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Why do you make the same posts every day? Why do we even bother to respond to you? Why havnt more people put you on ignore yet?

Its been proven that MrWillys has brain damage. Its really a sad situation.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Its been proven that MrWillys has brain damage. Its really a sad situation.
I'm just curious, but are you like 13 years old? Can you attempt a small bit of a reasonable argument, or is everything a childish game with you?

Foreign brings low wage jobs? Yes / No
Foreign cars can have expensive repairs? Yes / No
Foreign cars take away from good paying jobs? Yes / No

These are only a few reasons why these are bad for America, and overall the small perceived savings is not justified in the end.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:57 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
I'm just curious, but are you like 13 years old? Can you attempt a small bit of a reasonable argument, or is everything a childish game with you?

These are only a few reasons why these are bad for America, and overall the small perceived savings is not justified in the end.
Why do you think he is 13 when you act like a 10 year old!

As for your questions. All are NO.

Answer these:

Why do American companies build their cars in Mexico and Canada and now China?
Why do American cars makers take jobs away from hard working Americans?
Why do American cars tend to be crap compared to foreign?

Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 PM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times
I think the OP needs to move on.

The rest of the World has.

Is that ad for real?

Tell me it isn't.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:04 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:

When you post what YOU KNOW are out right lies just to get a "rise" out of people, which you have admitted to, YOU are the one acting childish. Since you have "fessed up" to it and continue to do so, it is ONLY brain damage that can be the reason for such behavior. If you do not like the ramifications for your own behavior than you should seek help for yourself.

Posting multiple times a day on the same subject will NOT make your brain damage or ramifications of it go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive