Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 07:31 AM

17,657 posts, read 17,775,799 times

Advertisements

Police Harrass Woman Over OSU Sticker - Lost Lettermen
Hope and Change: Police pull over man for anti-Obama sign « Hot Air
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 08:02 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,876,358 times
I don't want any sticker on my car as I don't want that sticky stuff left on the bumper ( even if it is easy removal). Around here, there are faded Obama - Biden stickers on cars, mostly older cars. I am tempted to give them the finger but use restraint and just shake my head. LOL

Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 AM

2,017 posts, read 1,654,827 times
do people still have bumper stickers, I remember a time when they were very popular.the one i use tosee allt the time was 'i may be slow but im ahead of you'

Old 11-14-2014, 11:51 AM

104 posts, read 139,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
dont know why someone would litter their vehicle with political stickers

it looks tacky, plus there are crazy loons out there that might not like your politics and will vandalize your car

bumper stickers are tacky in general
This.

I've never had a single sticker on any of my cars, probably never will.
Looks bad and you're just inviting trouble.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:01 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,119,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've often wondered about why people put political stickers on the back of their cars. I can see no benefit and nothing but asking for problems. This isn't a political thread, just wondering what others though of showing politics on your vehicle?

And why does it seem that Suburu's and Toyota Prius's are the preferred choice of the folks who love to announce their beliefs to the world?

On the other side of the coin, I can safely say I've never seen any kind of a sticker on the back of an Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz or Corvette.
I have to take exception to the boldfaced sentence.

I see more Pickups and SUVs with anti-Obama, anti-Democratic, pro-Republican/conservative and pro-gun stickers than I see Subarus or Priuses with bumper stickers.

Just out of curiosity, would it be an accurate assumption that you consider "coexist", pro-diversity, or pro-GLBT stickers as political as well?

For the record, I do not have any political stickers on either one of my vehicles, one of which is a Subaru.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
I do like the "my kid beat up your honor student" bumper stickers though, lol.
Why?

Do you harbor some latent jealousy or hatred of bright kids who excel?

There's nothing funny about bullying.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I don't choose at the moment to have any stickers on my car. However, all of these.

Personally, I love people who have taken full ownership of their vehicles and have many many stickers all over it. Especially when if you pay attention to the stickers (when the car is parked, please, not while driving down the road), you'll find that they most definitely don't fit into any of the "boxes" that we so love to try to stuff each other into.
This is the first thing that I have ever read from you that doesn't sound pretentious and which I also wholeheartedly agree with you.

Kudos, Lady.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:36 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,896,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I don't want any sticker on my car as I don't want that sticky stuff left on the bumper ( even if it is easy removal). Around here, there are faded Obama - Biden stickers on cars, mostly older cars. I am tempted to give them the finger but use restraint and just shake my head. LOL
I agree - I wouldn't put any bumper stickers on my car or truck, I do have a window sticker on my truck's rear window and that's about it.

Regardless of the person's political beliefs, if they want to put bumper stickers on their vehicles, I don't care, it's their own property they can do whatever they want to do with it, the only I can't figure out is, why do some of those people leave such stickers on even long after the elections..

Old 11-14-2014, 08:52 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,584,282 times
I still say the best, and most appropriate bumper sticker an older man I knew had on his car.
"Pass with care! Driver chews tobacco!"

Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,342,629 times
If a bumper sticker doesn't affect you, why should you care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive