Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:22 AM

120 posts, read 64,436 times

Advertisements

For me it's all the options for the seats. Up, down, front back, lumbar support, heated or not! Being in a car that only lays you down or sits you up, or does the jerky back and forth.... You know the one, that almost makes you have whiplash....drives me crazy after being in cars that have a smooth electric glide. lol

Also any car that has an amazing backseat a/c. If I'm in the backseat, it's usually in a car that has horrible surround air. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
auto tranny.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:36 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
There are many nice to have modern toys but the only thing I'd put in the "must have" is fuel injection. FI vehicles are so much easier to start, especially in the winter, than vehicles with carbs, especially ones with a manual choke. Power steering is a good one too.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:07 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
dual climate control. I'm always hot and my wife is always cold. when we drive our older car without climate control, it often causes bickering between my wife and I lol.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:47 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
Even though my current vehicle doesn't have it, I want my next car to have adaptive cruise control.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:11 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,481,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
For me, it's all about keyless entry and push button start.

I'm at the point now where I would NEVER buy another car without these features. Love it that I can leave my fob in my pocket at all times and simply walk up to my car and reach for the handle and car unlocks itself.

Waiting for obligatory posts about how the they had to walk 3 miles uphill both ways in the snow when they were young and that this generation is lazy, etc...

Yeah, I'm lazy and like convenience. Just how it is
Air, Cruise, auto transmission, power steering, heated mirrors.

All else is nice, but no necessary. I started out with a car with no power steering or power brakes. I could deal with the brakes, but the no power steering thing gets old after awhile, especially if parallel parking!

I simply PREFER not to shift though I could if need be.

Cruise control? well lets just say I tend to have a lead foot...keeps me 'in line"...

The vehicle I now have lacks heated mirrors, something I didn't think about when i bought it, but miss it from the previous vehicle.

A/c is something I, as a severe asthmatic, can't really do without. My lungs can't really process extra humidity.

AS far as the business of keyless entry, I'd only miss it IF the locks were frozen! And as far as the push button start, I WASN'T impressed with it when I rented a vehicle with it on it recently. i'd rather have a key. don't mind it at all.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:07 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Definitely the keyless entry. The alarm button is useful for locating my car in a crowded lot or garage when I've forgotten where I parked.

Also air conditioning.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Starting around 1986 these are must haves, fuel injection, electronic engine management, overdrive transmission, and starting in the early 90's anti lock brakes.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:41 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Its find it interesting how many "must haves" people want in their car that I find completely useless. I guess that's why they are called options. Seems like many of these features though have become standard over the years and unfortunately has driven the price of cars up. Its almost impossible to get a bare boned car these days and work your way up to what's perfect for the individual.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Keyless, GPS, Sat radio, Blind Spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, heated seats/steering wheel, ventilated seats and remote start.

I have all this on my 2015 Lexus GS F sport. Love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive