Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:01 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,085,680 times

Advertisements

I enjoy all of my creature comforts.

If I had to choose just a couple, I would go with the auxiliary/iPod hookup and heated seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
I want to see them bring back vent windows and a gutter rail so you can open a window a little in the rain and it won't drip inside the car. But it will never happen but I do like my keyless entry and push button start. Anything else is no big deal since I'm a baby boomer and I drove cars before A/C was standard and a radio was optional also.
Weathertech makes nice rain guards for most vehicles. I have them on both of our cars, really cool for letting in air when it rains or leaving windows cracked and not having to worry about rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Duly noted. Good day
Yep, someone had to come along and ruin the fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 11:27 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Really none of them... then again, my first car was a Model A Ford and I still own it today.

Amazing how something so simple has been able to stand the test of time...

I do like keyless entry and A/C the few days each year when the temps climb...

Really nothing on a new car that I can't live without...

Old 09-30-2015, 11:52 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
My car doesn't have push button start but it does have keyless entry. I'd say that's a very nice feature to have, and probably one I couldn't live without. Thank goodness that keyless entry is, now, a rather older concept, so if I had to go back to an older car, say very late 90's I should still have this option. .
I think the keyless entry we were discussing is the newer style where you don't need to even touch the key fob. A proximity sensor detects the key in your pocket, and allows you to unlock the door by hitting a button on the handle. No need to reach for the fob.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,890,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
For me, it's all about keyless entry and push button start.
That's definitely the same for me. After having kids and all their gear, the benefit of never having to pull out my keys is great. This is especially great for running multiple errands or being out all day. The only time you need the key is for the front door at home. And even that I would like a keypad or touch instead.

I don't have this feature but the active cruise that controls distance in traffic via radar seems awesome. Never have to accelerate or hit the brake in traffic. That's priceless. Unfortunately, that costs a lot right now.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 PM

780 posts, read 2,926,671 times
What features I could not live without?

A proper manual transmission, RWD, LSD, and a V8 engine with an output of at least 400 lb-ft.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:19 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,738,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post

A proper manual transmission, RWD, LSD, and a V8 engine with an output of at least 400 lb-ft.
With 35 mpg city

Old 09-30-2015, 12:20 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,982,514 times
Just AC really. I hate hot weather and sweat like a yeti so without air conditioning in the summer (and the end of spring/beginning of fall) I'd arrive wherever I was going looking like a sweaty disgusting mess. I do own an old Toyota 4x4 with no factory AC, but it's pretty much a weekend hunting/four wheeling vehicle.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:21 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post

Those are the requirements for my weekend car.

'Daily driver gets different requirements.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:24 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,826,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburger View Post
I never said I think this generation is lazy - 2 years ago during winter (when ATL got crippled), they delayed school 2 hours for 0.2 inches of snow. I didn't care and felt good for the kids in our neighborhood.

I just don't need much of any convenience items in a car. If the car is manual, a syncromesh transmission would be nice, but it's not a requirement.

Got a 1971 Ford Maverick 2 door with 204,000 miles, no air conditioning at all from the factory, manual steering and brakes, no tachometer, no cigarette lighter even. Awesome machine.
Yeah, onky tech I really need is a cd player with some sort of accessory connector. All the crap cars come with nowadays is a waste of money.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:27 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,640 times
Rented a new GMC Suburban which had A/C seats. Oh man was that amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive