Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 08:34 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,566,370 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine told me about the time she got pulled over in Cobb County, GA, while cruising around in her MR2 [this took place way back in the 80s]. The cop strolls up, asks if she knew why she had been pulled over. She looks up at him and says, "You're selling tickets to the policemen's ball?" He responds, "Cobb County police don't have balls."

*blink blink*

The story goes that he was too flustered to even write a citation, and let her go on the spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 08:10 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,685 posts, read 81,437,637 times
You might have gotten me into trouble last night, Humpday, but it turned out OK. When I left the parking lot at 9pm taking my daughter home from work near the police station, an officer was behind me at the signal light. Naturally, I was careful to stay right at the speed limit (driving a red Challenger). Despite several turns over the 3 miles, the cop stayed right behind me. Toward the end I remembered this thread and was thinking that if pulled over and asked if I knew why I was stopped, I would say "you thought I had donuts?" because I hadn't done anything wrong. Fortunately after my last turn to the house the cop continued on.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:45 PM

35,265 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
You might have gotten me into trouble last night, Humpday, but it turned out OK. When I left the parking lot at 9pm taking my daughter home from work near the police station, an officer was behind me at the signal light. Naturally, I was careful to stay right at the speed limit (driving a red Challenger). Despite several turns over the 3 miles, the cop stayed right behind me. Toward the end I remembered this thread and was thinking that if pulled over and asked if I knew why I was stopped, I would say "you thought I had donuts?" because I hadn't done anything wrong. Fortunately after my last turn to the house the cop continued on.
I was once followed in that manner from Greenburgh to Hartsdale. The cop car did the same thing but it did ruin the blind date.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,145,619 times
I got pulled over for expired tags when my son was about three or four. Cop comes up to the car, and my brat, who was always fascinated with weapons ( which is why we didn't keep one in the house ) starts getting excited. " Mommy! That's a real cop with a gun! Mister, is that a real gun? Can I see your gun? Mister, can I hold your gun??" Pwease??

Cop just smirks, shakes his head and says " ma'am renew your tags." And walked away laughing.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:34 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,453,241 times
5'6" woman...about 125 pounds.
This was 18 years ago when I was in med school.

I had restored an old motorcycle from the 70s. Like weighed a ton. Panel colors weren't matching. Starter didn't work, so you had to jump on the kick start without dropping the 500 pound hunk of crap.

And I had just had the throttle worked on. And this slow hunk of junk was actually more responsive
than it had ever been in the years I had owned it before.
Coming home from my friend's house one night and I was on a 40mph road. Pretty empty. And bc
I was not paying attention, I got up to 70 (I really am NOT a speeder) without realizing it bc it was just smoother.

BAM. Pulled over.

The cop gets out of his car and you can tell he's kind of cheezed. Walking cheezed and frowning (fair enough! 30 over?! yeah, he should be cheezed!). He looks mad. He was kind of a little banty rooster kind of a dude. Young, cute. Bristling with copness.

I pull off my helmet and shake out my long dark hair....and guys, you should have seen the look on this guy's face. He saw some punk ass zoomin by on some total piece of crap bike...probably thought I was sleazy dude or drunk or something.

But when I pulled off that helmet, he literally stopped dead in his tracks and just looked so surprised and floored. He actually stammered and I'm not sure he didn't flirt with me a bit. And no ticket that night. I told him about the throttle and how I knew that was zero excuse and I was ready for the ticket. But he just wanted to talk about the bike.

I'll never forget that.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:26 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,323,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
HAHA! I'm glad you remembered. Just in case the "you thought I had donuts" comment doesn't work make sure you staple a Dunkin Donuts gift card to your registration.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:09 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,967,413 times
I don't really have a funny pullover story. Every time I've been pulled over, it's been pretty routine and I've driven away with a ticket. Though last time I got pulled over, the ticket was for 14 mph less than I was actually going.

But there was a time a cop tried to pull me over and I escaped. I was going about 15 mph over the speed limit on a parkway and I saw a cop hiding on the service road to the right. As soon as I passed him, he started to come after me. It was a very curvy road and before he got too close to me, I went around a curve and we lost sight of each other for a minute. Right after the curve, there was an intersection with a traffic light. I made a split second decision to make a left and I turned and got lost in the residential streets that were there. Later, I got back on the parkway further up, and never saw that cop again.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:11 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,967,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I was once followed in that manner from Greenburgh to Hartsdale. The cop car did the same thing but it did ruin the blind date.
That happened to me in Bronxville once. A Westchester County cop got behind me on the Bronx River Parkway and followed me at a close distance for a few miles. When I got off the parkway at Paxton Avenue in Bronxville, he followed me there too. He finally turned a different way at the end of the exit ramp.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:35 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,456,727 times
I was pulled over for speeding about 23 years ago. When the cop came up to my window, I had a HUGE smile on my face - couldn't help it. He told me I was speeding and I told him that I didn't realize it but wasn't surprised, as my very first horse had just had her first foal (for me, it was her 8th) and I was driving to get my daughter at school to take her out to see the foal. Turns out he was a horseman and he got it, and we had a lovely 10 minute talk about horses during which he declined to give me tickets for speeding, or the expired inspection sticker (a week - I'd spent that week in the barn waiting for the foal to arrive any minute now) - I just got warnings.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:38 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,323,248 times
There are some pretty hilarious and down right insane stories on this thread. I love it.

Yesterday I almost got pulled over. It was near midnight and I was driving down the road when I saw a cop parked in a church parking lot. I was going about 58-60 in a 40mph and I knew I was speeding but since there was hardly anyone on the road I dozed off a little bit. I saw the cop turn on his headlights when I passed him and I went down a steep hill so I was out of his sight so I quickly turned on a side street and pulled in front of a car that was parked. I turned off my lights like I was just a random car being parked. He went by really fast and missed me. I'm happy my insurance didn't go up since I didn't get a ticket because I know I would've gotten one. Cops in my city can be d-bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive