Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 10:43 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,260,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I’d like the option to change my interior dash lights’ color to red. My dash lights have a bluish hue to the white light.

I know I’ll never see this with new vehicles, but I’d love to see the FOB go away. Hate having that big bulky thing in my pocket.
As LEDs and digital dashes come along fully customized lighting is definitely doable. Our new VW has options to change the colors of all sorts of lighting.

Mazda did have those key cards for awhile. A little smaller than a credit card and as thick as about 3 of them. Just small enough to fit in a wallet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 10:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
How about a list of the gizmos we'd rather have removed as standard equipment because we don't want them, will never use them, don't want to pay for them, and don't want to deal with them when they malfunction and produce a warning light?
agreed. i dont need crap like traction control, ABS braking, GPS, etc. give me something like my 64 falcon, with perhaps cruise control and EFI, and keep the crap out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Two things I'm waiting for, that will revolutionize the ICE.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/koenig...-action-video/

Mazda's Next Gasoline Engines Won't Use Spark Plugs at All

Both of these technologies combined would make existing engines 50-60% more efficient. Mazda's design will start to be in use on 2018/2019 models. Freevalve technology could be adopted by all the sports car makers with mid engine or rear engine designs (there is more noise associated with this engine, it is less pronounced with the engine behind you) as soon as manufacturers could come to a licensing agreement.
these are good technologies for sure,and i do hope they make it to the public.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:47 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,828 times
I would like for everyone else to have self driving cars.

As far as a big keyfob goes, I don't see why they couldn't get that down to the size of a credit card, so you can just carry it in your wallet.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:26 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I’d like the option to change my interior dash lights’ color to red. My dash lights have a bluish hue to the white light. Only thing I can do is lower the brightness at night. An amber color could also work.

Heads up display (HUD) would help to keep the eyes on the road. Basic speed display would be good. A more improved version would show alerts/warnings and be able to customized for particular displays to be added like RPM for example.

I know I’ll never see this with new vehicles, but I’d love to see the FOB go away. Hate having that big bulky thing in my pocket.
I can do that on my Mustang. I think its 4 different colors I can change it to.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:39 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,592,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
Adaptive cruise control would be great.
Don't just settle for regular first generation adaptive cruise control. Get adaptive cruise control with stop/start. It makes driving in stop and go traffic so much more bearable.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:41 AM

12,850 posts, read 9,064,235 times
Quote:
How about a list of the gizmos we'd rather have removed as standard equipment because we don't want them, will never use them, don't want to pay for them, and don't want to deal with them when they malfunction and produce a warning light?
Lord AMEN here. Probably added $10K to my last vehicle for junk I don't want, but isn't optional.

If I could add one thing they don't have, it would be an old fashion vent window. So often I just want a little fresh air coming in but don't want to open the window.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:40 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,674,144 times
I wish we could just go back to ordering a vehicle with only the features an individual needs/wants...I would gladly be willing to wait a few months for a vehicle meeting my exact specifications (or at least relatively close).

Old 11-24-2017, 01:39 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
I would like my next car to have self parking. Parking here is all parallel parking and sometimes it is a pain the $%&#$%
I would like real bumpers and no airbags. Something like a 1932 Ford coupe with modern engine and brakes.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:46 PM

635 posts, read 784,695 times
Make cars affordable! Locals have new trucks and the average is around 57,000 dollars. that's crazy! Maybe strippy models could make a comeback.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:45 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Quote:
Agreed. I'd like to remove:

Backup sensors
Tire pressure monitor
automatic climate control
Power windows and door locks
adjustable suspension, steering, and throttle mapping
ABS
automatic headlights and DRL
auto dimming mirrors
rain sensing and intermittent windshield wipers
speed sensing volume on the radio
pushbutton start
automatic locking glove box
navigation system
cruise control
etc
etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive