Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 04:34 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,804 times

Advertisements

I would like my next car to have self parking. Parking here is all parallel parking and sometimes it is a pain the $%&#$%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 05:23 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
I want self driving. I’m hoping they’ll be available when my 3 year lease is up.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:10 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,202,217 times
Adaptive cruise control would be great.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:47 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,292,770 times
HUD. It's been around for ages. But never really caught on. I find it extremely helpful when you have the tach displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
I would like my next car to have self parking. Parking here is all parallel parking and sometimes it is a pain the $%&#$%
I actually wouldn't mind seeing this feature for regular parking as well. I know it has more to do with parallel parking being less common overall, but I definitely run into a lot more crappy parking jobs in lots as opposed to the streets.

This is why I normally park way out in the boonies. I rather walk a mile than have to deal with people who are too selfish to take 15 extra seconds to straighten their car between two lines.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:12 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,530,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Most cars with rear view cameras have guide lines in the screen. Your manual will explain how to park. One of the small skills that people needed to know to qualify as a driver is parallel parking.
"Now reduced to a video game"

Old 11-24-2017, 07:39 AM
KCZ

4,677 posts, read 3,671,743 times
How about a list of the gizmos we'd rather have removed as standard equipment because we don't want them, will never use them, don't want to pay for them, and don't want to deal with them when they malfunction and produce a warning light?

Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Segmented convertible hardtop

Old 11-24-2017, 08:39 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,243,376 times
Two things I'm waiting for, that will revolutionize the ICE.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/koenig...-action-video/

Mazda's Next Gasoline Engines Won't Use Spark Plugs at All

Both of these technologies combined would make existing engines 50-60% more efficient. Mazda's design will start to be in use on 2018/2019 models. Freevalve technology could be adopted by all the sports car makers with mid engine or rear engine designs (there is more noise associated with this engine, it is less pronounced with the engine behind you) as soon as manufacturers could come to a licensing agreement.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:20 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
HUD. It's been around for ages. But never really caught on. I find it extremely helpful when you have the tach displayed.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this feature for regular parking as well. I know it has more to do with parallel parking being less common overall, but I definitely run into a lot more crappy parking jobs in lots as opposed to the streets.

This is why I normally park way out in the boonies. I rather walk a mile than have to deal with people who are too selfish to take 15 extra seconds to straighten their car between two lines.
I too would love HUD. There are some aftermarket products that make a HUD but their quality is spotty compared to factory designed OEM versions. There are even versions that use your smart phone to display the speed but it is t always visible like OEM versions.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:28 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
I’d like the option to change my interior dash lights’ color to red. My dash lights have a bluish hue to the white light. Only thing I can do is lower the brightness at night. An amber color could also work.

Heads up display (HUD) would help to keep the eyes on the road. Basic speed display would be good. A more improved version would show alerts/warnings and be able to customized for particular displays to be added like RPM for example.

I know I’ll never see this with new vehicles, but I’d love to see the FOB go away. Hate having that big bulky thing in my pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive