Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:20 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times

Advertisements

I really like trucks. To me a classy truck is something that looks like a truck not Big Foot. To me trucks shouldn't be raised. The classic working man's truck like the old Chevy and Ford trucks are really classy. When I see trucks that are raised, it reeks of low class.

Do any of you see raised trucks and non-raised trucks as two different vehicles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,780,703 times
No.

I wouldn't say lifting a truck makes it unclassy.

Trucks, more often 4 wheel drive versions, are lifted to give extra ground clearance. The extra ground clearance is used when off roading and so forth.

The only time I consider anything lifted to be unclassy, is when someone takes an old Caprice/Crown Vic/Delta 88/Bonneville/Parrisienne/Le Sabre/Electra and lifts it so they can fit oversized rims underneath it.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:41 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
I would say they are compensating for something.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I would say they are compensating for something.
Of course they are, a lack of ground clearance.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:56 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
No, whenever I see a raised truck (as NHDAVE says) I think of ground clearance, and.... it looks great

Of course you are free to have your own opinion........

Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Actually, most trucks are raised to accomodate a larger tire size. And, a larger tire can be desirable for many reasons. And as noted above, increased tire size means increased ground clearance which is an added benefit. Since the axles set the lowest point for ground clearance only the tire size can actually increase ground clearance.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:08 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,222,868 times
I can't stand lifted trucks that obviously have never seen anything more than a curb in a mall parking lot. These morons will dump their life savings into making their truck look big and cool but never do anything but drive it on pavement... yeah its their money and to each their own but they are still douche's in my book. And to be fair these people are usually trying to compensate for a lack of intelligence for the most part.

On the other hand people who lift their trucks and actually USE the truck for what it can do... these are generally the people who don't care what others think and are more concerned about enjoying their hobby, NOT impressing people.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
i dont mind lifted trucks, as long as they are done right. that means not lifting the truck 2ft if you dont need it. and dont bury the rims in rubber. i prefer lowered trucks myself.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
I can't stand lifted trucks that obviously have never seen anything more than a curb in a mall parking lot. These morons will dump their life savings into making their truck look big and cool but never do anything but drive it on pavement... yeah its their money and to each their own but they are still douche's in my book. And to be fair these people are usually trying to compensate for a lack of intelligence for the most part.

On the other hand people who lift their trucks and actually USE the truck for what it can do... these are generally the people who don't care what others think and are more concerned about enjoying their hobby, NOT impressing people.
Well said.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post

And what about people who customize their cars, lots of engine work etc. and never take them to the track or to car shows?

You feel the same way about them?

Maybe they don't do it to impress people but just want to have a nice looking ride..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive