Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 10:49 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I don't need a clue. Flash your headlights until the cows come home. Doesn't bother me.
We would be around you before your self-righteous slowpoking (which some seem to enjoy) would even know what happened.

Move out of the way of faster drivers. That is their ticket.. it is not yours, nor your place to impede the road and endanger everyone else trying to keep someone you feel is driving too fast from passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
In other words, you will play traffic cop while complaining loudly that they are doing the same.
Please stop twisting around people's posts?

Old 07-23-2018, 12:49 PM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
my son and I were just discussing this yesterday.
No, people do not obey traffic laws much any longer....my biggest pet peeve is tail gating

Old 07-23-2018, 01:09 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Again, it's not the signs that are outdated, but the LAWS that specify what the signs should say.

If you feel that these speed laws are incorrect due to the improvement in vehicle suspension, then you need to petition your lawmaker/legislature.

This sign that you see on an off-ramp is an ADVISORY speed limit only:

Those ramp speed signs, black numerals on a yellow field, are advisory only. They have no force of law. The only regulatory speed signs are the black-on-white speed limits posted on the roadway itself.

In other words, if you take a ramp on two wheels, a police officer can ticket you for reckless driving, but if a ramp is posted at 35 mph and you take it at 45 without creating a danger to yourself or others, you can't be ticketed for speeding.
Which is the way all speed limits should be. If it was up to me I would paint every single speed limit sign in the country yellow, to make them advisory only.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I don't need a clue. Flash your headlights until the cows come home. Doesn't bother me.
Suit yourself, but your self-centered driving is endangering yourself, as well as everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxA8e9kixDs

Old 07-23-2018, 01:27 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,438,264 times
Refresher question for this thread:

What do you think the psychological reasoning is for speeding?

Old 07-23-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Refresher question for this thread:

What do you think the psychological reasoning is for speeding?
Target level of risk. Psychologically every person has a level of risk that they’re comfortable with. For drivers it's the speed they feel comfortable driving.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:59 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Which is the way all speed limits should be. If it was up to me I would paint every single speed limit sign in the country yellow, to make them advisory only.
Even the ones in a SCHOOL ZONE? You say those should be advisory and just let you pick your own speed as kids cross the street? How about neighborhoods? Most people ignore those anyway.

Of course, why stop there? Most traffic signs are annoying anyway. Plus stopping at an intersection slows you down even more.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:07 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Suit yourself, but your self-centered driving is endangering yourself, as well as everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxA8e9kixDs
While the pickup driver should have moved on and over, the Camaro driver was the idiot driver here. When the Camaro tries to move left the first time, the pickup is behind another car. The pickup couldn't go any faster. Then the Camaro tries to move into a lane with no room.

I bet if the Camaro would have just backed off a little and waited it out, everything would have been fine. But he wanted to be aggressive and possibly kill people. He certainly ruined a lot of vehicles and I'm sure there were injuries.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Even the ones in a SCHOOL ZONE? You say those should be advisory and just let you pick your own speed as kids cross the street? How about neighborhoods? Most people ignore those anyway.

Of course, why stop there? Most traffic signs are annoying anyway. Plus stopping at an intersection slows you down even more.
Well that's common sense vs the opportunity to go fast.

How fast would you get around some of the drivers in this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive