Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:21 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
None of the cars you listed scream midlife crisis. They scream I’m 50 trying to be 40 family man.

If you want a midlife car get a sports car. Something fast loud with a lot of horsepower.

GT500
Terminator
Corvette
Camaro ZL1
Roush
Chevelle
Did you not read the OP and see he only wants a European car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 02:57 AM

603 posts, read 443,152 times
Quote:
I wouldn’t want that car if you gave it to me. Sorry but I had to lol at the 10k a year in maintenance. POS Mercedes.
Lucky for you the news is you’re quite unlikely to be gifted a CL65 by me ... or anyone else.

If you think $10k a year is a lot for maintenance btw it’s actually only 4% of list at current $.

I don’t know of too many 621hp performance cars that have costs that low.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:02 AM

128 posts, read 66,202 times
Nice informative are given by this blog.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd like a car to go back to the best years of my life, high school and just after graduation. Bombing around in a big sedan with friends. I guess I could get an Impala or a Crown Victoria to get that front bench seat. That and to have room for the dog without it crawling onto my lap while I'm driving or having it sit on the floor. I just like to stretch out and not have a console restricting my movements. Column shifters are just the way to go.
Not expensive but still kind of a frivolous expense. My current car( Kia Soul) is practical, reliable and a great daily driver. I always wanted a 96 Impala even if it is only a 5 seater. And I watch "Supernatural" and their Impala reminds me of our 60s Chevy when I was a kid. That was a Biscayne, just a basic sedan but the room it had compared to today....
And I had a 60s Buick which was a land yacht. What a beast.

What about a Caddy ?

https://youtu.be/nYMPIL-lfIU

but if a 96’ Impala is your thing then this is about the cleanest I’ve ever seen...

https://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/i...olet-impala-ss

Old 02-05-2019, 05:27 AM

4,791 posts, read 10,613,723 times
All nice cars, opins and ideas in this thread...the only pause I give is where the OP lives, eg Florida.

We have an EscapeWinter house here in SW FL for past 13 'winters', and the cool to exotic car popl. is considerable, but I don't get 'where they get driven' for fun: lots of stop and go, serious azz traffic in 'season', long stoplights to idle at, few really empty roads to crank it up on, and barely a curve in the entire state.

We drive 2 of our 3 cars down every November, (two are old and one of the 'older cars' is usually in need of attention here locally), but while my fave car is my '02 VetteVert, I find that driving around in it in this state is very ho hum.

Nice winter weather, et al but really 'fun cars' are not so fun here in the straight line, curve less state, other than for cruising and showing up at cars & coffee, etc.

NEway, hope the OP gets what he wants. Leaving an extra $50 or $100Gs for the Kidz isn't necessary.
GL, mD

Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
My midlife crisis vehicle is a Kia Soul. Best car I've ever had, and I've owned most except a Porsche, or other exotic sportscar. Vette, Mercedes, Alfa, F-350, Broncos, VW Bug, various Cadillacs and Lincolns, even an old style mid-60's Rolls. Bought and sold them all for years.

The Kia Soul meets all my needs. If your lucky, you can get one with a standard like I found.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:31 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
M4 vert
Cayman S
Jag F-type coupe
S550
That would be my choice. Car is absolutely gorgeous and totally impractical (for me). Still may end up buying one though.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:33 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,301 times
Quote:
None of the cars you listed scream midlife crisis. They scream I’m 50 trying to be 40 family man.

If you want a midlife car get a sports car. Something fast loud with a lot of horsepower.

GT500
Terminator
Corvette
Camaro ZL1
Roush
Chevelle
A TT-RS does fit in that category. 0-60 in 3.5-4.0 second depending on source, 400 HP, easy 12 second car in quarter mile.

2018 Audi TT RS Timeslip Scan - DragTimes.com

Old 02-05-2019, 08:25 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
I think you need a R8.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
All nice cars, opins and ideas in this thread...the only pause I give is where the OP lives, eg Florida.

We have an EscapeWinter house here in SW FL for past 13 'winters', and the cool to exotic car popl. is considerable, but I don't get 'where they get driven' for fun: lots of stop and go, serious azz traffic in 'season', long stoplights to idle at, few really empty roads to crank it up on, and barely a curve in the entire state.

We drive 2 of our 3 cars down every November, (two are old and one of the 'older cars' is usually in need of attention here locally), but while my fave car is my '02 VetteVert, I find that driving around in it in this state is very ho hum.

Nice winter weather, et al but really 'fun cars' are not so fun here in the straight line, curve less state, other than for cruising and showing up at cars & coffee, etc.

NEway, hope the OP gets what he wants. Leaving an extra $50 or $100Gs for the Kidz isn't necessary.
GL, mD

I’ve had a couple of discoveries for nice drives .... North Port and out towards Arcadia ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive