Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 10:43 AM

45 posts, read 32,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
we have both a Camry and an Accord.
Camry wins in a landslide.

Accord is "sporty", which means it rides rougher.
Camry seems bigger inside and has intuitive controls.
^ This I owned a 97 Camry (actually from my Dad passed away couple years ago) and recently purchased a 08 Accord for my son, from my experienced Camry is comfy and Accord is rough you will feel every bumps on the road.
If you want comfy ride go with Camry, if you want sporty ride go with Accord.
In my opinion both are great cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 10:57 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times
Loving our accord so far.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:03 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
My current and previous two cars are/were the Toyota Camry. My wife's current and previous car is/was the Honda CR-V. (Not an Accord, I know, but still.)

The Honda seems to not hold itself up quite as well as the Toyota. By the time we got rid of her previous CR-V after around 150,000 miles, it still ran well, but it just felt kind of . . . worn. Slightly loose fittings, more wind noise, not as comfortable of a ride, etc. Yet, by the time we turned in my old Camry, at nearly 200,000 miles, it looked and felt almost as new as it did when I first bought it.

On the other hand, we both agree that Honda just seems to make their cars with more and better features than Toyota does. Her new CR-V boasted the various safety and convenience features that she wanted as standard equipment, whereas the comparable Toyota either didn't have them at all or only had them as optional extras. And in the simple matters of user convenience, Honda seemed to come out ahead. For example, her new CR-V has a USB port up front and two of them in the back -- perfect for family road trips when the front-seat passenger and the two kids in the back can each get their own place to plug in their ubiquitous electronic devices. The comparable Toyota had but one single port, up front.

If you want a car that will last for years and keep up its appearance and solid feel, go for Toyota. If you want an almost-equally reliable car that will have more and better features, go for Honda. Either way, you will be getting a high quality vehicle.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Neither brand makes cars. They both make toasters.

Who makes the better toaster? Depends on what model you are looking at. Supra over an Accord definitely. Anything is better than a Corolla, even a child's bicycle form Wallmart. Camry is a pretty good toaster, but the Accord is pretty well tied in most reviews.

I think LG also makes good toasters, but theirs only make toast, they will not transport you gradually to work.

I want a toaster that can reliably make good toast. And I want a car that can comfortably and reliably get me from Point A to Point B. If I want a thrill ride, I'll go to an amusement park.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:24 AM

12,475 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliefNorth View Post
I can’t decide whether I should buy a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry?

Which brand makes better quality cars
Have you already been visiting dealers and doing evals? Take your time, sit in the driver's, passenger's, and back seats... check out the trunk, run through all the controls from the driver's seat... take for a nice test drive and don't run the stereo during that so you can listen to the car and focus on the driving experience, rather than the audio experience. You can walk through the infotainment system and check out the sound system while it's sitting still. If you're still not sure, go back for a second experience with each.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:41 AM

6,503 posts, read 3,439,065 times
Neither.

Nothing like a glaring reminder of all the features you didn't buy in that little panel to the left of the steering column.

Big, ugly blanks staring you in the face. I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese import with all of them filled in - you'll never know what was supposed to be there!

The worst are the ones with just one missing. The suspense!

Old 03-26-2019, 12:31 PM

243 posts, read 268,744 times
I was comparing interior dimensions between the Camry and Accord and the Accord has a slightly larger interior with more leg and head room. I’m 6”4 150 pounds so the interior needs to be large and comfortable

Old 03-26-2019, 12:56 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,260,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Neither.

Nothing like a glaring reminder of all the features you didn't buy in that little panel to the left of the steering column.

Big, ugly blanks staring you in the face. I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese import with all of them filled in - you'll never know what was supposed to be there!

I drove a Forester that actually had something in all of them.
But the vast majority of them have blanks.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:49 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,327,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Neither.

Funny, but I've seen that in German and American cars, too. But yeah, here's an '18 Accord, check to the left of the steering wheel at the blanks on that little panel:

Old 03-26-2019, 02:04 PM

23,550 posts, read 24,057,818 times
I’ve had several models of both and both were equally reliable, with the proper maintenance.
Currently driving an Acura RDX AWD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive