Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:07 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Why ask?
It will be YOUR car.
What is YOUR preference?
We are not you.
If buying shoes, will you ask someone else, how they will feel on your feet?
Seating position, seating comfort, your question - all that is perfectly matter of personal preferences.

Make your own decision.
I see no problem with asking. I would find others' experiences at least somewhat useful. Like for instance, the seat heat/cool in my wife's toyota barely accomplishes either, while the same function in my domestic brand works GREAT. That might be useful to someone. ALso that the "cooling" function isn't so much cooling as it is ventilation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 09:11 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Never had cooling seats but it sure sounds nice.

Had heated seats in my Audi TT. Loved them... comfy even on relatively cold/cool nights with the top down.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:34 AM

3,608 posts, read 7,925,972 times
Depends enormously on where you live.

Back when I lived in the northeast heated seats were...nice.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:10 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times
Thanks all for the responses...

I live on Long Island NY, hot and humid today as we are an Island so all that ocean around us. My residence is close to the water so we do get summer breezes. But I won't be near the residence driving. Middle of the Island can get hot, off Island even hotter. Mild winters on the Island but can still get very cold and snowy at times. Drive up to upstate NY/Vermont/etc in winter and it's cold for sure.

I ask simply to get feedback on experiences, different makes and models performing better than others, etc.

Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose....

Old 07-08-2020, 11:18 AM

1,411 posts, read 566,108 times
We have heated & cooled seats in our Lincoln & use them often, especially the cooling function lately in this awful heat wave.
Overall, since our winters have been relatively mild as of late, we are using the cooling function much more.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:51 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times
I love them.

I will also say after having black for so long, a light interior in the summer has made a difference too (in the whole week I've had my new car )

Old 07-08-2020, 01:30 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
My wife’s Infiniti has heated seats. I’m not sure if they're cooled but I know theire heated. Neither of us use that feature. I guess in a cold climate it may help but you’re most likely wearing enough clothes that you won’t feel the heater anyway.
Imo it’s just one more thing to break and become a expense to repair.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:34 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,041,647 times
I like them. What I don’t care about is a sunroof.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
I've never had a car with cooled seats but I did have a SAAB 9000 with heated seats. It was great to get out of the gym or to come home from work in the winter (oh, and in Vermont we get more than our share of winter) and be able to turn the seat heaters on.

If I were in the market for a new car that feature would be on the list, although not at the very top (that slot goes to a sunroof/moonroof).

Old 07-08-2020, 02:24 PM

289 posts, read 143,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Do you presently have or used to have heated or heated/cooled seats? Do you like them, would you get them again, etc? Deciding on whether to factor them into my search, a few response suggestions below...

A. I HATE them! They literally tanned my hide and gave my wife permanent prickly heat. They can be downright dangerous for Pete's sake. Would NEVER get them again...

B. I LOVE them! Cold winter mornings and/or hot humid summer days there's nothing like them. Would never own a vehicle going forward that did not have them...

C. I like them but quite honestly don't use them much. My budget pie might have fared better slicing these types of seats off to save money, or have gone with other trim levels more suited to my needs at a parallel price point...

D. Don't have them now but wish I did, will try to acquire them going forward...
I'm still trying to envision "prickly heat" the seats gave your wife, did it tan her hide too? I'd love to see a picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive