Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Base model X vs Fully loaded Aviator grand touring
Base model X 8 29.63%
Fully loaded Aviator Grand touring 19 70.37%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 07:56 PM

3,769 posts, read 4,110,804 times

Advertisements

I'd take the Lincoln any day. Tesla is still an up and coming company and I really don't think they can provide the service that the car may require. If I was going to buy an electric or fuel efficient vehicle, I would buy a product of one of the established companies, either American, German, Korean, or Japanese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 03:08 AM

24,560 posts, read 18,299,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
and size won over performance.
Does that have the turbo 6? Relative to, say, a vintage VW Beetle, that’s a pretty good weight to horsepower ratio.

Personally, I don’t buy luxury brands since the road salt and miles make for some fierce depreciation. The only reason I’d get something that big is as a tow vehicle. I shrank boats this spring and now own something towable but not with a 6-cylinder Outback farther than the 0.7 miles from my driveway to the boat yard where it lives in a slip all summer. It would be nice to be able to trailer it to downeast Maine occasionally.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:28 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,730,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Does that have the turbo 6? Relative to, say, a vintage VW Beetle, that’s a pretty good weight to horsepower ratio.

Personally, I don’t buy luxury brands since the road salt and miles make for some fierce depreciation. The only reason I’d get something that big is as a tow vehicle. I shrank boats this spring and now own something towable but not with a 6-cylinder Outback farther than the 0.7 miles from my driveway to the boat yard where it lives in a slip all summer. It would be nice to be able to trailer it to downeast Maine occasionally.
yep. it seems to have good power for its size.

we definitely dont need the size but there is something about small women and giant SUVs, they love them.

it takes regular gas, so thats nice.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:11 PM

37,195 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Quote:
yep. it seems to have good power for its size.

we definitely dont need the size but there is something about small women and giant SUVs, they love them.

You should get her a CDL training course for her birthday

Old 11-24-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You should get her a CDL training course for her birthday
haha nobody wants her on the road driving a big truck.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:11 AM

24,560 posts, read 18,299,405 times
Quote:

You might want to log your fuel economy on a few tanks of 87 octane vs a few tanks of 91 octane. I have no experience with that particular engine but with that kind of displacement/HP, you're usually not saving anything by running 87 octane fuel in the tank. It's often more like "87 octane won't damage the engine" but it will run like a dog and you see lousy fuel economy as the knock sensors mess with the timing and limit the turbo boost.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:34 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,407,537 times
I’d love it if Ford comes out with a Navigator Grand touring as an EV truck.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You might want to log your fuel economy on a few tanks of 87 octane vs a few tanks of 91 octane. I have no experience with that particular engine but with that kind of displacement/HP, you're usually not saving anything by running 87 octane fuel in the tank. It's often more like "87 octane won't damage the engine" but it will run like a dog and you see lousy fuel economy as the knock sensors mess with the timing and limit the turbo boost.
here is what the manual says:

Your vehicle is designed to operate on
regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum
pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87.
Some fuel stations, particularly those in high
altitude areas, offer fuels posted as regular
unleaded gasoline with an octane rating
below 87. The use of these fuels could result
in engine damage that will not be covered
by the vehicle warranty.
For best overall vehicle and engine
performance, premium fuel with an octane
rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The
performance gained by using premium fuel
is most noticeable in hot weather as well as
other conditions, for example when towing
a trailer. See Towing (page 315).

i wonder how much of a difference it would really make to use premium gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive