Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What irretates you the most in traffic
People holding up the left lane 17 23.61%
Drivers that just drive slow in general 13 18.06%
Tailgaters 28 38.89%
Drivers that don't use their turn signals 14 19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,332,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Or how about people that tailgate you when there is plenty of room to pass on the right. I'll be going 80 MPH on an open highway and some guy will pull up behind me and tailgate rather than pass me on the right. "Hey Mario Andretti, you're a race car driver, pass me on the right"....
Well what are you doing cruising in the left lane on an open highway? If you're doing 80 and someone else behind you is doing 90, move the hell over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,892,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well what are you doing cruising in the left lane on an open highway? If you're doing 80 and someone else behind you is doing 90, move the hell over.
Why the hell would you be running 90 in the first place? Isn't 80 fast enough, no matter which lane you're in?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:00 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,202,639 times
I can't stand the people that turn off a side street onto the main road and force me to slow down and then they do 10 miles under the speed limit,( amd behind me there wasn't another car as far as the eye can see). When they pull that BS, they will get tailgated real hard.

Also folks that don't get going when it changes to a green arrow light at a left turn. It's usually the idiot right in front of me that wasn't paying attention and by the time he get's moving he'll delay you just long enough so he's the last one to go under the light as it changes to yellow arrow and your stuck waiting for another cycle of light changes to make your left turn.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Why the hell would you be running 90 in the first place? Isn't 80 fast enough, no matter which lane you're in?
Evidently 80 isn't fast enough for the person doing 90. And if that's the case, mind your business and get the hell out of their way. Someone hogging the left lane has no business getting pissed that someone is driving faster than them. Higher speeds can be managed but poor lane discipline is dangerous at any speed. No matter how fast you're driving, drive on the right and pass on the left. Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,892,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Evidently 80 isn't fast enough for the person doing 90. And if that's the case, mind your business and get the hell out of their way. Someone hogging the left lane has no business getting pissed that someone is driving faster than them. Higher speeds can be managed but poor lane discipline is dangerous at any speed. No matter how fast you're driving, drive on the right and pass on the left. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
Get the hell out of their way? Uh... no.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Get the hell out of their way? Uh... no.
Uh... yeah.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:50 AM

568 posts, read 2,423,088 times
Everything

Old 05-27-2009, 09:00 PM

392 posts, read 1,555,105 times
Here are two things that annoy me:

People who don't know how to use merge lanes annoy me. Some people stop as soon as the on ramp meets up with the freeway, even though they have 1/4 mile of merging lane to use. That just backs up the traffic down the on ramp and also backs up the traffic in the right lane. I wish they would use the merge to meet the traffic flow speed so they can merge without too much disruption.

Unexplained congestion also annoys me. When approaching interchanges, it is the traffic in the left lane that slows the most, followed by traffic in the middle lane. The right lane is usually the fastest lane, until after the interchange.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 AM

568 posts, read 2,423,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreecity View Post
When approaching interchanges, it is the traffic in the left lane that slows the most, followed by traffic in the middle lane. The right lane is usually the fastest lane, until after the interchange.
That's because at major interchanges half the traffic in the right lane is exiting, thus opening up the lane more until on the other side of the interchange where traffic is merging on. The left and middle lanes are filled with people moving over from the right lane to avoid the cars slowing down to exit. So, it all turns into one big, retarded pointless mess.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,221,665 times
Default What annoys you the most in traffic?

You left out drivers talking on their cell phones, drivers eating while driving, drivers reading while driving, SUV drivers speeding in the rain, drivers that are not 110% focused on being the best driver they can be given the road conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive