Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What irretates you the most in traffic
People holding up the left lane 17 23.61%
Drivers that just drive slow in general 13 18.06%
Tailgaters 28 38.89%
Drivers that don't use their turn signals 14 19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:30 AM

590 posts, read 555,451 times

Advertisements

Slow drivers in the fast lane. MOVE OVER!

Also, and this wasn't on the list, the so-called rubberneckers, or curiousity seekers, that slow down to a crawl and slow down everyone else behind them when they see flashing lights on the side of the road, even for something minor like a routine traffic stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,339,261 times
#1 distracted or impared driving
#2 people who don't realize the roads are public and driving is probably the only "life or death" thing they'll really ever do on a regular basis, aka, the core of the driving problem in the US

-others-

people who cut into the safe following distances i allow (very common practice)

people who act like riding your bumper will somehow make the line of 5-10 cars in front of you speed up

people who nearly stop to turn right (often not signaling) even when it's a gradual right turn with no elevation change

people who try to "race" me on the street (very common, also very sad)

line cutting

overuse of brakes (leads to many problems) becuase it seems most people have no idea how to judge distance, follow safely and slow down by simply decreasing the amount of throttle applied

Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,631,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
What annoys you the most in traffic?

That's an easy one: people.
If I could just have my own damn road i'd be much happier.
A F'in MEN!!!!!

It's not me I worry about on the road, it's those other yeaywhos that annoy me, lol!

My personal peeve though? tailgating, creeping in the go-go fast lane, and treating motorcycles poorly (aka, trying to cut them off, following too closely, weaving into their lane, etc...)

Old 05-21-2009, 10:51 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
#1 distracted or impared driving
#2 people who don't realize the roads are public and driving is probably the only "life or death" thing they'll really ever do on a regular basis, aka, the core of the driving problem in the US

-others-

people who cut into the safe following distances i allow (very common practice)

people who act like riding your bumper will somehow make the line of 5-10 cars in front of you speed up

people who nearly stop to turn right (often not signaling) even when it's a gradual right turn with no elevation change

people who try to "race" me on the street (very common, also very sad)

line cutting

overuse of brakes (leads to many problems) becuase it seems most people have no idea how to judge distance, follow safely and slow down by simply decreasing the amount of throttle applied
Amen.

Half the drivers I see have a phone plastered to their ear, arm on the window ledge, just as relaxed as can be.

So many people appear to have absolutely no idea that driving a vehicle is quite different from sitting on a couch watching American Idiot.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,030,089 times
how about when the younger gals drive with their left foot out the window? Now I may be a "leg man", but that just is a bit toooo far for my tastes.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:38 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
how about when the younger gals drive with their left foot out the window? Now I may be a "leg man", but that just is a bit toooo far for my tastes.
I see more passengers than drivers doing this. Seeing one is one too many children in adult bodies loose without supervision, however.

If an air bag ever goes off on any of these people, the split will be a truly ugly bloody mess to clean up afterwards.

Well, as Forrest Gump said, stupid is as stupid does.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,775,567 times
The right lane on I-95 in Virginia is the faster lane. I drive an Avalanche. For some reason people need to tailgate me in any lane (and any type of road). Last night on the way home, the only way I knew someone was tailgating me is when my brake lights reflected off thier roof. But here's my question? Why do some drivers come to a complete stop, then make a turn and as they complete thier turn they signal??

Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 PM

68 posts, read 61,608 times
Road ragers- who need to take an anger management class or two. They are as nutty as the people who can't drive-imo.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,118,560 times
General cluelessness, low skill level, "multitasking" to include reading, applying makeup, tailgating, idiotic lane changes, people who try to "sneak" across an intersection by getting halfway out and blocking traffic....All the stuff I never see in Europe...

Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,347,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggs View Post
Road ragers- who need to take an anger management class or two. They are as nutty as the people who can't drive-imo.
I love it when a road-rager rides my bumper. I make sure to slow way down and there's no way I let them pass me. I laugh when I see their head shake from all the swearing and anger. I am usually 10mph over the limit. But I don't let anybody ride my bumper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive