Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What irretates you the most in traffic
People holding up the left lane 17 23.61%
Drivers that just drive slow in general 13 18.06%
Tailgaters 28 38.89%
Drivers that don't use their turn signals 14 19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,081,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I hate when people hold up the left lane or PASSING LANE, driving the speed limit or less. Unless you are the fastest driver on the road get the hell out of the left lane!
I agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
Sometimes they'll have to be in the left lane though if they have a left exit coming up. I do get irritated though when people travel under the speed limit because that's not fair to the other drivers.

Those who don't use turn signals are probably the most frustrating though.

Especially when they dont use turn signals in roundabouts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,554,784 times
While ALL of the poll choices bother me, what REALLY sets me off is that so many Americans don't know how to merge in traffic!!! Whether that rectangular red sign is at the top of the ramp or not, vehicles merging into the highway traffic MUST yield to traffic already on the highway! Waiting until you're at the end of the ramp (and driving 45 mph) to look into your mirror is dangerous. You should've already checked your mirror and found a logical place to blend into the traffic flow. I'll be happy to slow slightly to let you in ahead of me if you've made an honest effort to step on the throttle. But I'm NOT going to risk having the vehicle behind me get into my trunk if you haven't done your part.

DISHONORABLE mention: Playing the "Beat the Other Vehicle to the Construction Barrels EVEN Though There's Plenty of Room Behind" game...

Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,892,884 times
Pet peeve: People who blow through a red light when turning right. Hell, some drivers hardly slow down, much less stop. Around here the signs say "right turn on red after stop".

Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,453,408 times
I chose slow in the left lane, but my biggest pet peeve? A-holes that think they own the road and won't move off of it for emergency vehicles that have lights and sirens blaring. Makes me want to drag them out of their vehicles and beat them to a bloody stump. That will send me through the roof like nothing else on the planet.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,000,630 times
Lane-jumpers bug me.
I have a simple philosophy for driving through congested areas: KNOW what lane you need to be in; GET in it; STAY there, as much as possible!
But there is always somebody who thinks he/she is more important than anybody else, or later than anybody else, and thinks that bouncing back and forth between the three or four lanes will get them there faster. They never realize when they eventually get stopped by a red light that the Jeep they passed 10 blocks back is now right beside them. Then, when they get where they need to make a right turn, they find they are in the left lane, but THEY are IMPORTANT, so everybody has to mke room for them to move over so they can turn. WE are supposed to reward their stupidity with courtesy.
Nope, WRONG, you wanted to be over there, now STAY there!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:19 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,142,424 times
It's funny that the two most voted options are complete opposites of each other. The guys who are pissed at the tail gaiters are the ones in their lane going too damn slow. I hate those self righteous pricks who think they need to enforce the speed limit on all motorists by driving the speed limit in the left lane when its obvious that other motorists are trying to pass.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,525,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I love it when a road-rager rides my bumper. I make sure to slow way down and there's no way I let them pass me. I laugh when I see their head shake from all the swearing and anger. I am usually 10mph over the limit. But I don't let anybody ride my bumper.

I break for tailgaters!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:18 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,892,884 times
I find that a couple of shots from the windshield washer will usually back a tailgater off my bumper. They don't seem to like it too much when their windshield gets all wet.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:47 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,908,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
While ALL of the poll choices bother me, what REALLY sets me off is that so many Americans don't know how to merge in traffic!!! Whether that rectangular red sign is at the top of the ramp or not, vehicles merging into the highway traffic MUST yield to traffic already on the highway! Waiting until you're at the end of the ramp (and driving 45 mph) to look into your mirror is dangerous. You should've already checked your mirror and found a logical place to blend into the traffic flow. I'll be happy to slow slightly to let you in ahead of me if you've made an honest effort to step on the throttle. But I'm NOT going to risk having the vehicle behind me get into my trunk if you haven't done your part.

DISHONORABLE mention: Playing the "Beat the Other Vehicle to the Construction Barrels EVEN Though There's Plenty of Room Behind" game...
This is mine, too. It seems that some people think they have the right of way to fly onto the highway and everyone else should clear out and make room...regardless of whether everyone else actually can! I have had more than one scary moment where I was nearly forced off the road by these idiots. And doubly so for the ones that complain about people (the people that actually have the right of way!) that won't move over and let them in. I'm not going to eat the side of an 18-wheeler so that Mr. or Ms. Leadfoot can get into traffic from an on-ramp. Is it really that hard for them to..I don't know.. look at see if they actually *can* get into traffic instead of just plowing their way into it and hoping for the best?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:57 AM

605 posts, read 2,993,053 times
People that pill out right in front of me then slow down to under the speed limit. I don't get why they are in such a hurry to get out into the lane I was occupying, making me hit my brakes, but then feel the need to go very slow...I just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive