Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times

Advertisements

haha Frank...dead on. I don't remember which shop it was, but one of them has put a new GT Stang into the high 11's with just bolt-ons and a tune. Definitely the new street/strip dominator. If only the Camaro could lose a few hundred pounds it might have a chance.

As for people buying the LFA, of course they will. People with a lot of money and a taste for cars will buy pretty much anything as long as it is exclusive and unique, which the LFA is. For me, if I had $400k to spend on a car, it wouldn't be a LFA, but that is a luxury I will most likely never have. It is nice to see Toyota doing something with performance cars again. Hopefully the lessons learned here will trickle down and the greatest proponent of "car as appliance" may get some swagger back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
haha Frank...dead on. I don't remember which shop it was, but one of them has put a new GT Stang into the high 11's with just bolt-ons and a tune. Definitely the new street/strip dominator. If only the Camaro could lose a few hundred pounds it might have a chance.

As for people buying the LFA, of course they will. People with a lot of money and a taste for cars will buy pretty much anything as long as it is exclusive and unique, which the LFA is. For me, if I had $400k to spend on a car, it wouldn't be a LFA, but that is a luxury I will most likely never have. It is nice to see Toyota doing something with performance cars again. Hopefully the lessons learned here will trickle down and the greatest proponent of "car as appliance" may get some swagger back.
With $400,000 you could probably buy several class dream cars completely rebuilt.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

lol NJ. Its over in Delaware county pa. Called Evolution performance. Thats the car in the vid I posted. It was Atco too

Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Ah, Evolution, I know that shop. A friend of mine works at RPM in Delaware which is primarily a GM shop, those guys love messing with each other. I'm more of a GM guy, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at the new Stang especially when compared to the boat of a Camaro that GM is selling.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:00 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,338,870 times
These cars belong on the Ring and Laguna Seca, not the drag strip.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,304,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
baahh.. Give me a new 5.0 Mustang with et streets, a cat back exhaust and a mild tune and beat em both at 1/8th the price

YouTube - Evolution Performance - First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 11's!
haha agreed just because I could actually afford to buy a new mustang 5.0 GT off the show room floor. on the other hand a $400K car is WAY out of my reach. unless I morgage the house and take second night job then maybe I could look at one and that's a big maybe cause I like the ferrari 458 better. But even then after I paid it off I would still need to keep the second night job to insure and maintain those cars

Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
If I'm dropping 400k on autos I'd want something more proven as well as serviceable.

I like to DRIVE cars, not have them sit idle waiting for repairs, parts or whatever reason.

On top of that, I agree with all the other posters....a drag race? Really? WTH.

The GTR's bread and butter is in cornering and fast launch. Why not rate them on towing capacity while they are at it.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 AM

I think it's really important to remember that you can't think of the LF-A in regular terms, when it comes to money.

The buyers of this car will generally have the money available to buy 10 of them cash, the price isn't all that relevant, the exclusivity is.

I think you can pretty much toss the price factor out of the window.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,304,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I think it's really important to remember that you can't think of the LF-A in regular terms, when it comes to money.

The buyers of this car will generally have the money available to buy 10 of them cash, the price isn't all that relevant, the exclusivity is.

I think you can pretty much toss the price factor out of the window.
the funny thing is even If I had the money I would still get the 100K corvette ZR-1 as my fun super car then pocket the 300K maybe buy a speed boat and a new ford super duty F250 to tow it with and do my daily drivng needs.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
the funny thing is even If I had the money I would still get the 100K corvette ZR-1 as my fun super car then pocket the 300K maybe buy a speed boat and a new ford super duty F250 to tow it with and do my daily drivng needs.
Well of course, there's preferences and personal wants etc.

My point is simply that the majority of the future owners of the LF-A already have a ZR1, powerboat, yacht, super duty, Porsche, AM etc. etc.

When money isn't an option you just buy whatever you want.

Now if you don't want the LF-A, that's one thing, but I really doubt that any potential buyer is going to go "Hmmm.... I really want one but I can get so much more for my money if I buy something else". If they want something else, they'll just get that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive