Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:04 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
But compared to the LF-A the ZR1 is the POS.
Did you come up with that all by yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 07:25 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Did you come up with that all by yourself?
Sure did!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times
Quote:
Sure did!
Good for you.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Good for you.
Thank you!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Of the 2, Id definitely pick the LF-A (if money wasnt an issue). Then of course Id drive the **** out of it for a few weeks, then trade it in for a F430 Scuderia. I cant see the joy of owning an "exotic" car from Toyota that looks as awful as it does, when I can cruise around in a Ferrari instead. No contest.
I will say though, I think it's a bit of an unfair comparison. They're both made with entirely different goals and intentions, the closest thing to the LF-A as far as intent goes, is probably the GT-R, but it can't really be easily compared to any other vehicle out there, it's just too unique.

You either get it, or you don't.

I don't think the LF-A is a natural beauty (Not that I think the 430 Scud is either but that's another story), but there is beauty in the purpose of every line, transcending it above it's mere shape, everything serves a purpose, nothing is coincidental and it's all done to get it as perfected as it can be for it's task, in therein lies the beauty.

Whether you appreciate that or not, whether the price tag is absurd or not, the car has integrity, and I don't think anything can strip it of that, not even a Lexus badge.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Of the 2, Id definitely pick the LF-A (if money wasnt an issue). Then of course Id drive the **** out of it for a few weeks, then trade it in for a F430 Scuderia.

No, you wouldn't.

"Production of the LFA begins this December and Toyota intends to produce a total of 500 units which will be sold through an unorthodox leasing procedure. The process involves putting money down, signing a non-transferable lease for 24 months and then having the option to purchase the 552-horsepower supercoupe once the two-year term comes to a close."

Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I will say though, I think it's a bit of an unfair comparison. They're both made with entirely different goals and intentions, the closest thing to the LF-A as far as intent goes, is probably the GT-R, but it can't really be easily compared to any other vehicle out there, it's just too unique.

I don't think the LF-A is a natural beauty (Not that I think the 430 Scud is either but that's another story), but there is beauty in the purpose of every line, transcending it above it's mere shape, everything serves a purpose, nothing is coincidental and it's all done to get it as perfected as it can be for it's task, in therein lies the beauty.

Whether you appreciate that or not, whether the price tag is absurd or not, the car has integrity, and I don't think anything can strip it of that, not even a Lexus badge.

These are the same type of people that hated on Lexus when it was first introduced, that said it was crap and would never make it.

Now, in a staggeringly short term, Lexus is one of the big 3 in mainstream luxury.

They know what they're doing.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:33 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
I think you hit the nail right on the head.
Finally my 4 years of Art, design, form and commercial training comes to good use, lol.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:01 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
It seems lost on most of the crowd here that this car is about 90% engineering exercise and 10% marketing. They're not selling production cars so much as an engineering prototypes. I wouldn't be surprised if they were eating a loss on each car sold even at the asking price. If you want to buy a high-zoot production car, well there's plenty of Ferraris and Aston Martins and the like to choose from. If you want to drive something that makes those cars look like ancient technology, you'll need to be part of a more exclusive club than the mere peons who think buying a Ferrari gains them entry into the In Crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive