Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times

Advertisements

Breaking News:

Malaysian airliner still missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 02:50 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Breaking News:

Malaysian airliner still missing.
OMG!

I blame the Swiss!

Old 05-17-2014, 02:36 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Ha

I haven't had to post much since my last musings here in this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/aviat...l#post34010568

Personally, I think it was more about the cargo (human or otherwise) and it landed (Diego Garcia perhaps) and was secured / destroyed. Or it was destroyed accidentally or purposefully (by someone's military) to keep cargo from getting into someone else's possession and that geopolitical entity doesn't want it found out.

Did Missing Flight MH370 Land In The Maldives Or Diego Garcia: The Full Updated Summary | Zero Hedge
The plane did not land anywhere other than the ocean; it sure as heck did not land in DG. DG has a lot of people on it, and I assure an airplane that large is not going to go unnoticed, the place is small and relatively an open area, basically impossible to hide a landing of any kind, let alone keep it a secret from the numerous personnel there and those transiting in and out.

In general, an aircraft that large would be about impossible to hide. Even if they did, why take a passenger jet? It is very easy just to rent an aircraft of that size, do not need to go through the trouble of hijacking one unless the intent purpose is to hijack and not just steal a plane, which the lack of any terror group claiming responsibility sort of moots the point.

As for the secret cargo, ridiculous theory.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:08 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,897,594 times
This is what happened to MH370!!

Mystery solved. Love this song, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4

Old 05-17-2014, 04:21 PM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
First book on MH370 mystery blames US war games

Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The plane did not land anywhere other than the ocean........<snip>...

Ah, yes...because you saw it happen with your own two eyes.
Thx for clearing that up for everyone.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Ah, yes...because you saw it happen with your own two eyes.
Thx for clearing that up for everyone.
It is called "evidence".

The aircraft landing on land theory is just the most ridiculous theory around; people who support this (like the Diego Garcia theory) seem to have absolutely zero knowledge on what it takes to land and take-off an aircraft that size, nor any knowledge of the areas in theory the aircraft landed at (again, like the Diego Garcia theory). But I know people have some common sense and knowledge, which baffles me as to why people think these things.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:20 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,861 times
Quote:
The plane did not land anywhere other than the ocean; it sure as heck did not land in DG. DG has a lot of people on it, and I assure an airplane that large is not going to go unnoticed, the place is small and relatively an open area, basically impossible to hide a landing of any kind, let alone keep it a secret from the numerous personnel there and those transiting in and out.

In general, an aircraft that large would be about impossible to hide. Even if they did, why take a passenger jet? It is very easy just to rent an aircraft of that size, do not need to go through the trouble of hijacking one unless the intent purpose is to hijack and not just steal a plane, which the lack of any terror group claiming responsibility sort of moots the point.

As for the secret cargo, ridiculous theory.
But, if MH370 did indeed crash into the ocean, wouldn't a good portion of the plane brake up upon impact with the seawater? Where's the debris which hasn't yet risen to the ocean surface or washed up onto habitable areas?

Like most, I initially agreed with the "crashing-into-the-ocean" hypothesis. However, given that no debris has yet surfaced, given that it had enough fuel to reach some rogue nations (e.g., North Korea) one has to consider alternate probabilities. Like you, I completely discard the probability of a DG landing.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,212,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
But, if MH370 did indeed crash into the ocean, wouldn't a good portion of the plane brake up upon impact with the seawater? Where's the debris which hasn't yet risen to the ocean surface or washed up onto habitable areas?

Like most, I initially agreed with the "crashing-into-the-ocean" hypothesis. However, given that no debris has yet surfaced, given that it had enough fuel to reach some rogue nations (e.g., North Korea) one has to consider alternate probabilities. Like you, I completely discard the probability of a DG landing.
You know the 777 is a very large airplane. Until you think about the ocean. The ocean is a very large body of water. The 777 in the ocean is a very small spec. If you take that 777 and scatter it's pieces in the ocean that spec just got smaller.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:32 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,826,444 times
Quote:
It is called "evidence".

The aircraft landing on land theory is just the most ridiculous theory around; people who support this (like the Diego Garcia theory) seem to have absolutely zero knowledge on what it takes to land and take-off an aircraft that size, nor any knowledge of the areas in theory the aircraft landed at (again, like the Diego Garcia theory). But I know people have some common sense and knowledge, which baffles me as to why people think these things.
The problem I have with the idea that no one could land it without someone noticing, is that big jets fly in and out of airports all over the world everyday and no one pays any attention to them. The idea that it couldn't have landed somewhere and not be noticed doesn't work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation