Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Something to ponder:

• Flight 370 was destined for Beijing
  • It veered from its flight plan and is believed to have crashed somewhere in the Indian Ocean
  • Given the impact speed it's very likely that some plane parts would have broken off
  • No plane debris has been yet spotted on the ocean surface
  • According to a retired pilot, an approximate total of 6 Emergency Location Transmitters (ELT's) are normally scattered throughout the plane and are activated upon making contact with seawater
  • The ELT's never activated
  • North Korea (NK) is latitudinally equidistant to Beijing
  • Flight 370’s fuel capacity would have been sufficient to reach any landing site in NK
  • NK is a reclusive nation with little to no contact with the outside world
Is it probable that flight 370 was flown into NK?

Pardon if this post comes across as conspiratorial. But given that no debris has yet to be found and that the ELT's did not activate one has to consider a possible landing in an unfriendly territory.
The problem is, Malaysian military spotted (and reported) the plane flying west over the Straight of Molucca, as did some civilians in the area. Military reported it flying over Palua Perak island off Malaysia's west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:19 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Who on the plane commandeered it, or made the pilots fly it to North Korea? I thought they investigated everyone on the plane. Wouldn't they have found someone who was tied to North Korea in some way? There are many places the plane could have landed that are not friendly nations.

I do find it strange, though, that none of the ELTs ever activated, and no debris was ever linked to the missing plane. Who knows, though, because some items that they spotted from the air couldn't be found by the ships that then went looking for them.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:19 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's not impossible that the plane was stolen to be used in a spectacular terrorist attack - immediately, no doubt. But maybe they screwed up somehow and crashed it into the ocean. They might not be willing to take credit for a botched attempt.
This is pretty much my top theory. Why take credit and let the governments of the world know that they somehow breached our security measures? Because then we will make every effort to try and close off whatever loophole they managed to exploit!

If they keep quiet ... and the plane isent located then they can use the same method again and potentially be successful.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM

7,644 posts, read 8,715,152 times
Maybe we should all be proud that 100+ years from now we'll be regarded as the early participants of online discussions about this great mystery that will remain unsolved, and the plane not completely recovered. (Did any of you in the first page of this thread foresee it would be 300+ pages in 2 months without finding a clue about the plane?)

Old 05-16-2014, 05:43 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,462,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Maybe we should all be proud that 100+ years from now we'll be regarded as the early participants of online discussions about this great mystery that will remain unsolved, and the plane not completely recovered. (Did any of you in the first page of this thread foresee it would be 300+ pages in 2 months without finding a clue about the plane?)
Ha

I haven't had to post much since my last musings here in this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/aviat...l#post34010568

Personally, I think it was more about the cargo (human or otherwise) and it landed (Diego Garcia perhaps) and was secured / destroyed. Or it was destroyed accidentally or purposefully (by someone's military) to keep cargo from getting into someone else's possession and that geopolitical entity doesn't want it found out.

Did Missing Flight MH370 Land In The Maldives Or Diego Garcia: The Full Updated Summary | Zero Hedge

Old 05-16-2014, 07:15 PM

325 posts, read 577,530 times
What I said 300 pages back - DG or NK

Old 05-16-2014, 08:05 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is pretty much my top theory. Why take credit and let the governments of the world know that they somehow breached our security measures? Because then we will make every effort to try and close off whatever loophole they managed to exploit!

If they keep quiet ... and the plane isent located then they can use the same method again and potentially be successful.
Some version of this, me too. I wonder if anyone will ever talk, rumors leaking out.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:06 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,812,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Some version of this, me too. I wonder if anyone will ever talk, rumors leaking out.
Someone is talking in the form of a book...

MH370 could have been found if airline bosses had bought a $10 tracking device, claims new book by Nigel Cawthorne | Mail Online

According to new book Flight MH370: The Mystery, the Boeing 777-200ER had a ‘data package’ that only transmitted the most basic flight information, so authorities weren’t able to get a GPS fix on it.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:14 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Woulda, coulda, shoulda, that in NO way means anything in this investigation. You can't turn back time and change the results. It sure would be nice if we could, though.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:50 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
I'll wait for the movie on it coming out any day now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation