Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 PM

24 posts, read 68,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
Are you wanting to rent or buy? in what town or city?
We are looking to rent. Surrounding Bangor area - from Old Town to maybe before Bucksport. I really don't want to get more than 30 mins away. I have two kids and good schools/kid friendly neighborhood is important
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,892,931 times
Here is a link to Craig's List rentals with Orono as the town/city and the boxes checked for cats and dogs. maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "orono" - craigslist

and here's Craig's List with Bangor as the city maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "bangor" - craigslist

GatorMama moved to Hampden in May and found a place that allowed her two dogs so it is possible to find a pet friendly rental.

I posted the rentals link for the Bangor Daily News online a couple of days ago for Felix Holt and I see that mainebrokerman has posted them for you, so I'll leave it at that.

I am a bit perplexed when you say you don't see any "new" rentals. Do you mean you are not interested in any of the rentals that you have found? You only need one, right? or do you mean that most of the rentals listed are apartments rather than houses?

In this weekend's Bangor paper, there is a 3 BR house for rent in Orrington for $1200 a month; one in Old Town, waterfront $1600 a month; Hampden, $1400 a month no mention of pets; hopefully that means pets are negotiable

www.rentbangor.com might help also--when will you be moving?

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 07-31-2011 at 07:31 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 01:42 PM

63 posts, read 137,095 times
We are moving to the Bangor area in a month. I have been looking at RENTALS since February. The following have been the most useful and updated sites.

Murdock Property

Bangor for Rent~ Marsh Property Management

Maine Real Estate Management llc.

Bangor Daily News Classifieds

Maine Craigs List

University of Maine housing list

Maineinfo.com

There are some others, but for family rentals these seem to be the only means to look. Btw, we are still looking. They are going fast right now. We had narrowed it down to 4 and of those only 1 is left right now. If you are looking for good schools it seems that Bangor, Hampden, Hermon, Orrington, and Carmel are good fits. We thought of Orono and Old Town but haven't been able to get enough review info on the schools as of yet. Good Luck

Old 08-18-2011, 10:57 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Holt View Post
What are house prices like in Orono?
Which would be good real estate sites to check out?
Thanks!!
Try Realtor.com. On some sites you can scroll down to street view and walk around the neighborhood. The housing market has been sliding for quite a while as it has everywhere. I think renting is good advice for now. Good Luck

Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 AM

48 posts, read 123,714 times
Most people looking for housing in Orono are students looking for rentals. It was my assumption based on your title, that you'd be looking for rentals too.
Since you're looking to buy in Orono, I recommend Realtor.com, since it compiles all the MLS listings from most, if not all the local real estate offices.
Also, FYI, Orono houses tend to be more expensive than other locations in the greater Bangor area, and their tax rates were the highest in the area too, last time I looked. However, you do get some great services for your tax dollar in Orono.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area