Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 AM

228 posts, read 220,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Here we go again.
The poster asked about Bangor, not Caribou.
If you hate Caribou and Maine so darned much, then move. I hear Canada is nice!
Sorry!! Still think they may want to read my post's to get a idea about the politics in Maine or lack there of.And I need to add I love the U.S.A. but Maine need's to wake up and pay attention to what is being done to our state.Free Speech don't we love that part of the U.S.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 11:12 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,420,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
No need to reply, as I put you on ignore.
Great idea! I didn't even know you could "ignore" someone, but I DO NOW!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,380,434 times
Bangor isn't bad. A walkable downtown with some great shops. You can get most anything in the mall area. Pretty much everything is available there. The people in general are polite and helpful. We go "into town" a couple times a month for wal-maht stuff and anything else we can't find locally. Having been away a little over a year and a half, I can't wait to get this move over with. Time is getting short,.. I'm anxious, excited, frenzied, and up to my ears in boxes (everything is misplaced, boxed or who the dickens knows where) lol.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Great idea! I didn't even know you could "ignore" someone, but I DO NOW!
Ignoring me will not stop me from being able to use my free speech. And if we all ignore what is happening to our state then it will get proggresivly worse!!! I have never been the type of person to not care about what happen's to my neighbor's!!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
bangor could be called the central hub.. of central/downeast/northern maine
i like the city of bangor,,and i like the surrounding towns,,,drive 5 minutes and you are out in the country,,,many fine towns,,where housing prices, are very affordable, ive met many folks around the bangor area, and most seem to be very decent,,

i can say the same for most towns/cities in maine even caribou,,i know many folks in caribou all are very decent,(about 7 yrs ago my car broke down,,and a fella stop, for assistance,,,he helped me change my tire (my flashlight batteries were dead)
anyways,,afterwards, he invited me to his home for dinner!!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
bangor could be called the central hub.. of central/downeast/northern maine
i like the city of bangor,,and i like the surrounding towns,,,drive 5 minutes and you are out in the country,,,many fine towns,,where housing prices, are very affordable, ive met many folks around the bangor area, and most seem to be very decent,,

i can say the same for most towns/cities in maine even caribou,,i know many folks in caribou all are very decent,(about 7 yrs ago my car broke down,,and a fella stop, for assistance,,,he helped me change my tire (my flashlight batteries were dead)
anyways,,afterwards, he invited me to his home for dinner!!
I am not saying there are not nice people in Caribou because there are BUT the bad have the control and the good are leaving to let them destroy themselves. I can almost bet that nice person that you meet 7 year's ago probably has left by now most of us nice people do.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:56 PM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
I have not experienced the problems that you are seeing Lttt [not in Maine].

I have seen those kinds of issues in other places, just not here so much.

I do not agree with your insistence on the negative, but I wish to luck.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I have not experienced the problems that you are seeing Lttt [not in Maine].

I have seen those kinds of issues in other places, just not here so much.

I do not agree with your insistence on the negative, but I wish to luck.
Okay in your first sentence you say you haven't experienced the problem's that I am seeing (not in Maine) Then in your second sentence you say just not here so much. All I"ve been trying to say there are problem's that need to be looked at.The scenery here smell's great it's the politics that stinks.I am very glad you have not seen it but it does not mean it doesn't exist

Old 08-17-2007, 04:48 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Default What is the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
I am not saying there are not nice people in Caribou because there are BUT the bad have the control and the good are leaving to let them destroy themselves. I can almost bet that nice person that you meet 7 year's ago probably has left by now most of us nice people do.
I've been looking to buy a house, and the Caribou area is one of the places I looked at. Most of the people I met have been very nice. I've made a number of trips there and I can't recall anyone being unfriendly. In fact, several people went waaaay out of their way to do things to help me. Why do you feel there is a problem?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I've been looking to buy a house, and the Caribou area is one of the places I looked at. Most of the people I met have been very nice. I've made a number of trips there and I can't recall anyone being unfriendly. In fact, several people went waaaay out of their way to do things to help me. Why do you feel there is a problem?
It is interesting that you should ask him that Zymer. It's the same exact question we've been asking him for about 2 weeks now. He just continues with his inflammatory statements, and won't give specific examples, or facts that we can research online. His statements about Caribou do not match any of the online data at all. Unfortunately, I can't conclude anything else except to say that he's fabricating the whole entire business.

Zymer, much of what you'll see in Maine is positive, especially if that is the approach and the "vibe" that you put forth. I guess it's kind of a karma thing! Or, as my grandmother was so fond of saying, "you reap what you sow!". If you had enjoyable experiences in Caribou, and found the people to be friendly and welcoming, I'm sure that your experience there would be wonderful. Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area