Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,420,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I've been looking to buy a house, and the Caribou area is one of the places I looked at. Most of the people I met have been very nice. I've made a number of trips there and I can't recall anyone being unfriendly. In fact, several people went waaaay out of their way to do things to help me. Why do you feel there is a problem?
Just get LTTT's address and make sure you DO NOT move into the house next to him!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Just get LTTT's address and make sure you DO NOT move into the house next to him!!!
LOL, well, it looks like that won't be a problem now. We were all set to make a deal in Connor Township, but when it seemed like it might not go as planned my wife started looking at some others and found one she liked better in Carmel. I'd rather have the one in Connor, but for a number of reasons (among them the fact that if I insist on it I'll probably never hear the end of "See, we should have bought the one in Carmel") we're going to go with Carmel, if we can get the deal worked out. Plusses- She wants to be further south than The County, Bangor area might be better for work, closer to family in Washington County. Negatives- taxes are about 2.5 times higher, more "government". My main requirements are A) that I have enough land and trees around that I can't see any neighbors; and B) that I can sit on my porch with a cup of coffee and shoot tin cans and not have anyone complain, so I think it will fit the bill. PS- Molly, thanks for the good wishes.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:27 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,538,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
Okay I give up! If you want a house I have one for sale in Caribou! But please read my post's first because I don't want anyone blaming me when after being here for about 5 year's or less that somebody didn't warn you!!!Think long and hard
Where did you get the idea that I want a house in Caribou? I have two houses. There's no need for a third. If you're interested in buying a house and getting out of Caribou I'd be happy to sell one to you at a heck of a good price. I have no idea why you're whining about Caribou in a post about Bangor but at this point it doesn't matter. Yes, I know, free speech allows you to complain all the time but you do it so often you've lost credibility.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:28 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,538,229 times
Quote:
LOL, well, it looks like that won't be a problem now. We were all set to make a deal in Connor Township, but when it seemed like it might not go as planned my wife started looking at some others and found one she liked better in Carmel. I'd rather have the one in Connor, but for a number of reasons (among them the fact that if I insist on it I'll probably never hear the end of "See, we should have bought the one in Carmel") we're going to go with Carmel, if we can get the deal worked out.
Congratulations! I like Carmel. My step-mom loved living there until she married my father. It's a nice town. You'll be close to the Common Ground Fair!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:19 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,129 times
Congratualtions Zymer! I think you'll be happy in Carmel. We have friends in Carmel who've been there for a while now, and they love it--for the very reasons you mentioned, the privacy and having a little land with tree growth (she has 3 boys so I'm sure the gun stuff comes in there somewhere too!).

Old 08-18-2007, 06:36 AM

228 posts, read 220,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
It is interesting that you should ask him that Zymer. It's the same exact question we've been asking him for about 2 weeks now. He just continues with his inflammatory statements, and won't give specific examples, or facts that we can research online. His statements about Caribou do not match any of the online data at all. Unfortunately, I can't conclude anything else except to say that he's fabricating the whole entire business.

Zymer, much of what you'll see in Maine is positive, especially if that is the approach and the "vibe" that you put forth. I guess it's kind of a karma thing! Or, as my grandmother was so fond of saying, "you reap what you sow!". If you had enjoyable experiences in Caribou, and found the people to be friendly and welcoming, I'm sure that your experience there would be wonderful. Best of luck to you!
Mollysmiles good to see you back!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:38 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,129 times
oh....you just miss me cause I argue with you!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Taking a trip to Maine is a vacation. Living here is a nightmare.Again I have lived here for 43 of my 52 year's of life I know of what I speak.Check out my post's.Remember this state is called VACATIONLAND they don't want you to stay!!!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
oh....you just miss me cause I argue with you!
No I missed you because everybody's opinion count's. You are right Maine's scenery is beautiful. I am right because it's named VACATIONLAND for a reason they want you to vacation here and spend your money but don't move here or they will show you who run's these town's!!

Old 08-18-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
LOL, well, it looks like that won't be a problem now. We were all set to make a deal in Connor Township, but when it seemed like it might not go as planned my wife started looking at some others and found one she liked better in Carmel. I'd rather have the one in Connor, but for a number of reasons (among them the fact that if I insist on it I'll probably never hear the end of "See, we should have bought the one in Carmel") we're going to go with Carmel, if we can get the deal worked out. Plusses- She wants to be further south than The County, Bangor area might be better for work, closer to family in Washington County. Negatives- taxes are about 2.5 times higher, more "government". My main requirements are A) that I have enough land and trees around that I can't see any neighbors; and B) that I can sit on my porch with a cup of coffee and shoot tin cans and not have anyone complain, so I think it will fit the bill. PS- Molly, thanks for the good wishes.
Hope your move is good for you enjoy the land and be very careful on who you talk with.Friendly does not mean friend! And keep that gun close!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area