Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 11:39 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So, if the Nationals win 16 of their next 27 games (the pace they've been winning games this far this season) and the Braves win 20 of their next 25 games after 90 games the Braves will have 55 wins and the Nationals 54.

That means the Nationals aren't for real?
As long as I don't see a collapse like a 10 game losing streak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
As long as I don't see a collapse like a 10 game losing streak.
Make up my mind please.
First the Nats were for real if they beat the Yankees 2 of 3 games
Then they were for real if they maintained their lead on the Braves
Now they are for if they don't collapse in the next month

Which is it?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Make up my mind please.
First the Nats were for real if they beat the Yankees 2 of 3 games
Then they were for real if they maintained their lead on the Braves
Now they are for if they don't collapse in the next month

Which is it?

When I wake up on July 16th, if the Nats are still in 1st place or a game or two out then they are for real

If I wake up on July 16th and the nats are a .500 team then I know they are not for real

Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
When I wake up on July 16th, if the Nats are still in 1st place or a game or two out then they are for real

If I wake up on July 16th and the nats are a .500 team then I know they are not for real
I can only think of this in response.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:46 AM

167 posts, read 268,842 times
Certainly better than having the Phillies at the top.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:30 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
Certainly better than having the Phillies at the top.
Agree 10000000 percent

Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Agree 10000000 percent

I still don't trust them. I had this horrible dream the Phillies won 13 in a row and the Nats lost 13 in a row and the Phillies were in first place in August LOL

Old 06-18-2012, 05:55 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
I still don't trust them. I had this horrible dream the Phillies won 13 in a row and the Nats lost 13 in a row and the Phillies were in first place in August LOL
So, when you get right down to it, you're really only a bandwagon-jumper. You never seem to think much of any team that isn't in first place. And you're continually coming up with reasons why even the first place team isn't "for real." I'd love to know which team you actually root for as a fan.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
So, when you get right down to it, you're really only a bandwagon-jumper. You never seem to think much of any team that isn't in first place. And you're continually coming up with reasons why even the first place team isn't "for real." I'd love to know which team you actually root for as a fan.
Miserable Mets Fan

Old 06-18-2012, 04:04 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
The Nats definitely have talent. They had been putting pieces together last year; I just wasn't sure that the young turks like Strasbourg and Harper were going to be effective, but the team has gelled well. It's a good mix of veterans and home-grown players. I think they're for real if they can get through the season without significant injuries. The Braves will challenge them for the division, but they've got a solid manager in Davey Johnson who's been there before.

I like the Reds this year, too. If they can stay healthy, they might be able to make a surprisingly deep run into the playoffs, too. If the Reds rotation can cut their ERA and get some ground outs more often, they've got some pretty good power pitching to complement their lineup. Statistically speaking, the team doesn't look that impressive now, but I think they will get better as the season continues. I think they'll be even more confident as they pull away from the Pirates and Cardinals.

The National League West also has two very good teams to watch out for and I think it may end up producing the NL winner this year. The Giants pitching is solid and if Timmy can get his stuff straight, they will be a very intimidating pitching rotation to face, although they still need better production offensively. The Dodgers are *the* team at the moment, though. Very tough pitching stuff, and they've been surprisingly good without Kemp.

I think the AL will ultimately come down to the Yankees vs. Rangers. The Angels may creep back into this thing, but they have yet to really put it altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball