Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:33 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Yeah, I know people get excited about the start of the season, but don't read too much into what happens these first few days. Look at the AL right now. If events this early in the season really told you anything, the O's would win the east, and the Royals the central. Neither seems likely. Interesting that the other first-place teams seem to be among those with reasonable chances in their respective divisions. Still, you have to wait at least a few weeks before even beginning to think you're spotting a trend.
Yeah, the first month doesn't even mean much. Heck, the Red Sox are cellar dwellers in the AL East (I do like it!). Last year, the Yankees were for most of April, and they still made it to the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
can't forget the tigers are gonna go 0-162!!!!
The Tigers are the only winless team still out there. There are no undefeated teams left.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM

280 posts, read 1,222,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
LOL go for it! I wonder what the Las Vegas odds were before the season started, not just for the Cubs, but for all the MLB teams.

Now that the Yankees are 2-3, I'm now pulling for the lottery pick. D'oh, wrong sport! Nah, I know NYY will rebound. They always start off slow (after winning the first game).
Yes our Yanks may start off slow, so aggravating, but in the end they always prevail! Every year I say to myself, I'm not going to start watching any Yankee games until August, but that never works!!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,962,141 times
Quote:
The Tigers are the only winless team still out there. There are no undefeated teams left.
yeah, im starting to get just a teenzy bit worried, but yet again it's the first 6 games of the season, still 156 to go.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue64 View Post
Yes our Yanks may start off slow, so aggravating, but in the end they always prevail! Every year I say to myself, I'm not going to start watching any Yankee games until August, but that never works!!
LOL, if I were to hold out until the 2nd half, that self-imposed boycott would last all of about 3 minutes. Even when the Yankees had that amazing year in 1998 (when they went 125-50, including the post-season), they started off 0-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
yeah, im starting to get just a teenzy bit worried, but yet again it's the first 6 games of the season, still 156 to go.
Don't despair ... I think the O's in the 1980s started off 0-21, if I recall. So the Tigers have a bit of time before they get close to that dubious record.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:21 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
I do know that the CUBS took 2 out of 3 from the Astros.
.....this time!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:

Don't despair ... I think the O's in the 1980s started off 0-21, if I recall. So the Tigers have a bit of time before they get close to that dubious record.
They won't do it. Detroit has too good of a team and will easily challenge the Indians come September. I expect an exciting race.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,962,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
They won't do it. Detroit has too good of a team and will easily challenge the Indians come September. I expect an exciting race.
me too, i hope Cabrera does good despite his slow start to this season.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,862,813 times
The Royals may not make a serious run for the playoffs, but they will shake up the AL Central. Who knows what kind of impact it will have on the Detroit/Cleveland crap.

Oh look! They just beat the Yankees! GO ROYALS!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I'm praying like hell the Tigers get a win soon since they're playing the Red Sox! But the Tigers are still winless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
The Royals may not make a serious run for the playoffs, but they will shake up the AL Central. Who knows what kind of impact it will have on the Detroit/Cleveland crap.

Oh look! They just beat the Yankees! GO ROYALS!!
Damn! One of these days, the Yankees' offense will break out. Probably in May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball